Prospect Info: 2019-2020 Prospect Development Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Story actually just came out today. Everything you pretty much expect. He wants to play in Dallas next year, and he's working on his defensive game. Peverley said he should give himself more credit that he's done exactly what the team expected of him in that regard, and he added making those improvements could be the difference between playing junior or being in the NHL next season.

One thing I hadn't thought about it is what a long playoff run in the AHL could mean for him. Like Dellandrea, both of their OHL teams will make the playoffs, but they probably aren't contenders for the OHL finals or Memorial Cup. A Texas playoff berth could give them both an opportunity to play meaningful AHL minutes this spring in an effort to make the Dallas Stars next October.

Texas has more depth at D than center, but Dallas has always made it a priority for top picks to get into the AHL lineup sooner immediately. I'm not sure Douglas would be a lock, but you'd have to think Damiani would be in the mix as well to get some AHL games.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Just noticed Dawson Barteaux had a 4 point night (all assists) last night.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Don't know much about the WHL but seems like he's been doing well since he was traded .

Another guy who will be in the AHL next season. Quite a few defense prospects for the Stars. The blueline has gone from a weakness to a strength and there's a few guys still in development who look pretty good.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
From what I read recently, the WHL is so stacked that it's anyone's guess who comes out on top, and really good teams that could have won the championship will be out early.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Don't know much about the WHL but seems like he's been doing well since he was traded .

Another guy who will be in the AHL next season. Quite a few defense prospects for the Stars. The blueline has gone from a weakness to a strength and there's a few guys still in development who look pretty good.

I'd hesitate to call it a strength (unless you're referring to the NHL level). Beyond Harley, we're fairly weak when it comes to D prospects. I think all of the rest are long shots at best.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I'd hesitate to call it a strength (unless you're referring to the NHL level). Beyond Harley, we're fairly weak when it comes to D prospects. I think all of the rest are long shots at best.

I mean yes NHL is also included in this because not a single of the Stars defenseman they developed themselves is even 30 .

Reactions: LatvianTwist

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Captain Ty Dellandrea and his Flint Firebirds are riding a franchise record 10-game winning streak entering a Family Day long weekend of OHL action. The Dallas Stars first round pick joins the show and discusses his World Junior gold in the Czech Republic, hometown connections in the Flint dressing room and the immense success the franchise has enjoyed of late.

OHL This Week Podcast: February 13, 2020 – Ontario Hockey League

Reactions: Smelling Salt

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Douglas had another goal tonight . I think i'm on the train of giving him an ELC now. We have a couple of meh ELC's and contracts expiring and not that many draftpicks this year anyway so i'm willing to give Douglas a look.

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Flint won their 11th straight game last night which was a franchise record. They went up 2-0, but then they allowed 3 straight goals tonight. With 2:44 remaining, they scored to send it to OT, and then they won in a SO to get their 12th straight win. I flipped the game on for the SO (radio), and their fans really seemed into the game. Made me realize how much they probably deserve this season after all the trash the last few years.

Dellandrea had a goal last night and no points tonight.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Flint beat Sarnia 12:7 today . ROFL

Dellandrea had two assists.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
With the direction the Texas Stars are going .... best thing that could happen might be Flint staying hot. They just tied Saginaw for first in the West Division on Monday.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
With the direction the Texas Stars are going .... best thing that could happen might be Flint staying hot. They just tied Saginaw for first in the West Division on Monday.

The turnaround they've had is incredible. A huge chunk of the team walking out on the coach two years ago to now being a top 10 team in the CHL.

Dellandrea obviously isn't the only catalyst there, but I'd imagine he deserves a fair bit of credit for being a bright spot the entire time and sticking with the team through their messes.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Worth mentioning that Dawson Barteaux has been just over a point per game since getting traded to the Winnipeg Ice. Not bad for a defenceman, looking forward to seeing him in Texas next season

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
The Ice aren't one of the favorites to win the WHL so there's a chance he may get a handful of regular season games unless they do make the Conference Finals. Texas is now somewhat of a long shot for the playoffs, but it's not impossible ... just unlikely.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Flint just won their 14th straight game. Dellandrea has no points, but he's 19/23 on faceoffs. He always seems to be well above 50%, but 19 out of 23 was a little crazy to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad