Prospect Info: 2019-2020 Prospect Development Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
With his recent streak Harley is now back to PPG . Will be interesting to see if Mississaugas decision to keep Harley beyond the trade deadline will backfire because with the likely limited capspace and holes to fill on the blueline i do believe he makes the Stars next season. Then again they are in a playoff position despite beeing under .500 . Guess thats what happens when 16 out of 20 teams make it.

Also Barteux has 8 points in 6 games since beeing traded to the Winnipeg Ice

Last edited:
Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Dellandrea suddenly held pointless in 2 straight games now. Fun while it lasted :dunno:

Updates on some other guys:

Douglas has points in 12 of his last 14 games (16 points during that stretch, 43 in 46 games this season)

Damiani had 2 assists today.

Porco hasn't done much. 14 points in 36 games this season. 4 points in his last 18 games

Harley had a goal and an assist yesterday. Back up over a point per game pace with 47 in 46 games currently

His goal was a beauty:

Reactions: Smelling Salt

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Douglas is looking more and more like an ELC option. More out of curiosity than anything I just want to see how him game translates to the pro level.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I was curious about what has been going on with Nicolas Porco after noticing he was a healthy scratch yesterday. He's apparently been a health scratch at least one other time as well.

Found this recent article from Defending Big D: Dallas Stars Prospect Update: Nicholas Porco’s Rocky Season Keeps Getting Rockier

Apparently the guys grandfather died, he was then diagnosed with mono, suffered a concussion, and then he was suspended. Just a crazy roller coaster year for that guy.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Also, Damiani (PPG), Dellandrea (SHG) and Douglas (OT GWG) all scored tonight. Harley picked up an assist in a 7-1 loss

Reactions: Smelling Salt

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Douglas is looking more and more like an ELC option. More out of curiosity than anything I just want to see how him game translates to the pro level.

I know he can be a bit of a meme on here, but I think he's one of those players that will fit well into a bottom six role.

He's got decent hands, is a decent skater, alright instincts, and obviously he's massive. Douglas is never going to be a top-six player, but whenever I watch him, I feel like he could hack it as a 4th liner in the NHL one day.

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010

Also, Damiani (PPG), Dellandrea (SHG) and Douglas (OT GWG) all scored tonight. Harley picked up an assist in a 7-1 loss

What the f*** is the goalie doing there?

Also yea, Robertson looks bored :laugh:

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I know he can be a bit of a meme on here, but I think he's one of those players that will fit well into a bottom six role.

He's got decent hands, is a decent skater, alright instincts, and obviously he's massive. Douglas is never going to be a top-six player, but whenever I watch him, I feel like he could hack it as a 4th liner in the NHL one day.

The Athletic national writer that covers prospects said he could be a guy like Brian Boyle, but I think he also added it wasn't likely.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Robertson killing it in the AHL. 8th in rookie scoring, two players ahead of him are 22 & 24. Norris & Formenton are also on a stacked team while Texas is so so. He might need one more season, but long term I think he’s a top sixer for us.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Dellandrea with another goal and assist today.

I would say he's comfortably in a tier better than Faksa when he was an OHLer. Still a safe bet for a 3rd liner, but this season has instilled hope that he can become more than that.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Robertson killing it in the AHL. 8th in rookie scoring, two players ahead of him are 22 & 24. Norris & Formenton are also on a stacked team while Texas is so so. He might need one more season, but long term I think he’s a top sixer for us.

He has 2 goals and an assist in the first period tonight. Texas is leading 3-0.

Recently, Shapiro mentioned he thought Robertson might get some games in Dallas this season. He didn't specify, but I felt he was referring to an injury call up. I'm hoping we do get to see him in the NHL this year, but my greater hope is Texas keeps it's act together and wins a round or two or more in the AHL playoffs. I think that could give guys like Dellandrea, Robertson, Kiviranta, Caamano and Gardner a better chance to play meaningful minutes next year.

*Just in case .... I listed Dellandrea because if Texas gets to the playoffs this year, he'll have a shot to play with them.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Dellandrea with another goal and assist today.

I would say he's comfortably in a tier better than Faksa when he was an OHLer. Still a safe bet for a 3rd liner, but this season has instilled hope that he can become more than that.

Let's play ceiling and realistic ...

The ceiling that we're all hoping for is Ryan O'Reilly, right? Realistic is a more offensive Faksa? Fair?

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
He has 2 goals and an assist in the first period tonight. Texas is leading 3-0.

Recently, Shapiro mentioned he thought Robertson might get some games in Dallas this season. He didn't specify, but I felt he was referring to an injury call up. I'm hoping we do get to see him in the NHL this year, but my greater hope is Texas keeps it's act together and wins a round or two or more in the AHL playoffs. I think that could give guys like Dellandrea, Robertson, Kiviranta, Caamano and Gardner a better chance to play meaningful minutes next year.

*Just in case .... I listed Dellandrea because if Texas gets to the playoffs this year, he'll have a shot to play with them.

If one of the top six players get injured I could see him getting some games in this season. Playoff hockey is huge for prospect development in my opinion which is why I’m disappointed that Texas didn’t get a few more veterans on the roster to increase their playoff odds. I get the argument that it takes away opportunities for the prospects, but having a guy like Dowling to feed the puck to Robertson would be huge

serp

Jan 17, 2016
He's very much Texas Stars best player who are now very much in the playoffs and i'm not sure they could compensate losing him . I don't think he gets called up unless some major injury happens and the Stars desperately need a scoring forward which obviously nobody should root for. Awesome to see how well he is doing though. So thats great.

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
Kinda funny comparing October comments about the baby Stars to now - it's almost like a team full of rookie forwards needs a bit of time to learn their assignments at the pro level so as not to give up tons of odd-man rushes, or something. :sarcasm:

Reactions: serp

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Man I hope this team keeps it together and holds on to a playoff spot. They also really need to push for that three seed. Milwaukee is the best team in the league. I'd rather see Texas in a 7 game series against them rather than a 5 game series. It's not like Iowa is going to be a push over though. They're Top 5 in win % right now in the AHL.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
3 games in 3 nights ain't so good when you went to OT on the first two nights even to the shootout on the first one. At least JRob has another goal.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Yeah that went downhill fast ... lol. They better get use to it though. Next year without San Antonio in the division, you'd think that could mean even more back to backs, 3 in 4, and 3 in 3 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad