2019-2020 OHL Hot Takes That You Actually Believe

Dog Fan

Apr 22, 2017
Icedogs will finish 8th in the east and continue it's streak of consecutive playoff years

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Mine about Erie:

1. Jamie Drysdale is far and away the best dman in the league this season and easily goes top 5 in the 2020 draft.
2. Aidan Campbell takes the starting goalie job from Dan Murphy by Christmas and is the top goalie prospect from the OHL for the 2020 draft.
3. Erie wins a playoff round.

Reactions: NOA

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Most people have Sarnia missing the playoffs or finishing 7th or 8th. I would bet money they finish no worse than 5th.

Reactions: sbpointer

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Of the teams I follow:

Saginaw wins the OHL and Memorial Cup.
London sells off and loses 1st round.
Greyhounds in the Conference finals before losing to Saginaw.
Mississauga makes it to the 2nd round, but loses.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Owen Sound will clinch a playoff spot for the 10th consecutive season making it one of the longest playoff appearances for an OHL team in the shootout era.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Your twitter prediction that Owen Sound will win the Midwest seems much bolder.

I haven't made my predictions yet (exactly because of today. With Popovich, I have FLNT being better than OS, but yesterday I had OS as better). Been spitballing some ideas with some people though.

When talking Midwest division, I do think OS is very talented despite most prognosticators not showing them much love. Kitchener took a huge hit with losing Garreffa and I can't really get a feel for London yet. Their D is supppper raw but they have the picks to change that pretty fast, but will they? I think OS certainly has a good chance to win that division. In any event, I appreciate the follow

Last edited:
Reactions: Noofgoof

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Oshawa trades Noel and McShane by the deadline.

This one I would be surprised by. Noel yes because he's gone next year. If McShane remains unsigned until the deadline, I think they'd keep him for a playoff run and hope he's back next year as an OA

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Mine about Erie:

1. Jamie Drysdale is far and away the best dman in the league this season and easily goes top 5 in the 2020 draft.
2. Aidan Campbell takes the starting goalie job from Dan Murphy by Christmas and is the top goalie prospect from the OHL for the 2020 draft.
3. Erie wins a playoff round.

I like all these EON. The Campbell one especially.

People see “12th round pick” and don’t expect much but that’s because he had college offers and a chance to play college or even USNDT. He could be a star

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad