2019-2020 OHL Hot Takes That You Actually Believe

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
Then Flint traded a bunch of high picks for Lucas Rowe and subsequently traded him to Kingston for nothing.
Well, yes...but the question was “Can you trade a first-year Import”, not “How do you get around the rules that say you can’t trade a first-year Import?” LOL.

The funny part is, so far BOTH parts of that deal are wins for the Firebirds.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Erie had a pretty good stretch, OS was at the top of the standings, London, Guelph, ... Kitchener was the weak link :) Yeah, the mid-west is a great division.

He was talking champions though. Only 3 of them have all them in the span he was speaking of. Although I was just giving him a hard time

Reactions: dirty12

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
He was talking champions though. Only 3 of them have all them in the span he was speaking of. Although I was just giving him a hard time

But I count OS, London +, Guelph +, Erie as OHL champions over that period. Two from the east. None from the central or west.

Last edited:

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
The Petes acquire Arthur Kaliyev in a trade from Hamilton early in the season. He plays on a line with SDA and his buddy and teammate from the US Hlinka team, Nick Robertson. Kaliyev scores 60+ goals and has 100+ points. Robertson scores 50+ goals and has 100+ points. SDA has 100+ assists.

Peterborough City council catches “Petes’ fever” and decide to stick a shovel in the ground on April 1st to start building a new home for the Petes and Lakers.

Reactions: Zebra

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Here's my prediction. Mega trade Oshawa/Ottawa. Ottawa sends Peric and a slew of picks to the Gens for Mcshane and Noel and they go for it. Next year Oshawa sends a slew of picks and a young player to Ottawa for Rossi, Quinn/Clarke and they go for it and the M cup.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
The Petes acquire Arthur Kaliyev in a trade from Hamilton early in the season. He plays on a line with SDA and his buddy and teammate from the US Hlinka team, Nick Robertson. Kaliyev scores 60+ goals and has 100+ points. Robertson scores 50+ goals and has 100+ points. SDA has 100+ assists.

Peterborough City council catches “Petes’ fever” and decide to stick a shovel in the ground on April 1st to start building a new home for the Petes and Lakers.

Certainly Kaliyev (for 2 years) would cost Mason McTavish+ (Petes can't offer their 2002 born first rounder because they don't have one), so that couldn't be done until January.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Here's my prediction. Mega trade Oshawa/Ottawa. Ottawa sends Peric and a slew of picks to the Gens for Mcshane and Noel and they go for it. Next year Oshawa sends a slew of picks and a young player to Ottawa for Rossi, Quinn/Clarke and they go for it and the M cup.

McShane AND Noel for a disgruntled 2001 born D-man+picks? Now that is a hot take.... Matier instead of Peric and maybe there's something there

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
McShane AND Noel for a disgruntled 2001 born D-man+picks? Now that is a hot take.... Matier instead of Peric and maybe there's something there
Peric would be more useful to the Gens next year as a 19y.o. on an M- cup contender imo especially that Matier by the reports is a work in progress. Anyway just throwing names around. However I do believe Ottawa/Oshawa could be a match if there goals align.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Peric would be more useful to the Gens next year as a 19y.o. on an M- cup contender imo especially that Matier by the reports is a work in progress. Anyway just throwing names around. However I do believe Ottawa/Oshawa could be a match if there goals align.

The only thing that makes me pause is why would Ottawa spend multiple 2nds on a young 2002 F in Dylan Robinson if they're going to go all in this year?

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
The only thing that makes me pause is why would Ottawa spend multiple 2nds on a young 2002 F in Dylan Robinson if they're going to go all in this year?
Yeah I agree, its not clear what the plan is. To me though if there to go all in its this year as we're set in goal and on D. Also we may lose Rossi next year. We've been debating this on the Ottawa board in respect to the goals of the owners. Do they want to be competitive every year? Are they willing to go for all the marbles? Robinson addition points to the former.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
What/Who will be the first domino to fall?

When will it fall?

I still think it makes sense for Akil Thomas or Phil Tomasino to be the first one to go. Niagara needs to tank this year as they get their 1st this draft but not the one after. So if you can get the 1st/2nd/3rd overall pick this year and then get a bunch of 2nds for Thomas/Tomasino as well, you can make up for not having a 1st rounder in 2021. And you need your roster to be good in 2020 as if you wait to tank then, thatd be stupid as you wouldn't get your 1st overall pick in that draft

three dog night

May 3, 2014
I still think it makes sense for Akil Thomas or Phil Tomasino to be the first one to go. Niagara needs to tank this year as they get their 1st this draft but not the one after. So if you can get the 1st/2nd/3rd overall pick this year and then get a bunch of 2nds for Thomas/Tomasino as well, you can make up for not having a 1st rounder in 2021. And you need your roster to be good in 2020 as if you wait to tank then, thatd be stupid as you wouldn't get your 1st overall pick in that draft
They will trade Thomas but I feel they will hold on too Tominssino for this year and trade him. next season or the off season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad