Line Combos: 2019/2020 Lineup

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I know this is an oversimplification, but I'd prefer if we started with all our U24 guys (minus Chabot, Tkachuk and White) in the minors, at least temporarily. Then PD can start to ship out the vets as the season goes in instead of feeling the need to keep them until the deadline. As guys are moved out, rookies come up to fill their spots.

Start of season

Brady Tkachuk - Colin White - Bobby Ryan
Anthony Duclair - Chris Tierney - Tyler Ennis
Nick Paul - JG Pageau - Connor Brown
Mikkel Boedker - Artem Anisimov - Jack Rodewald
Max Verroneau

Thomas Chabot - Dylan Demelo
Christian Wolanin - Nikita Zaitsev
Mark Borowiecki - Ron Hainsey
Christian Jaros

Craig Anderson
Anders Nilsson

Around Xmas

Nick Paul - Logan Brown - Drake Batherson
Artem Anisimov - JG Pageau - Connor Brown
Anthony Duclair - Chris Tierney - Tyler Ennis
Max Verroneau/Jack Rodewald

Thomas Chabot - Dylan Demelo
Erik Brannstrom - Ron Hainsey
Christian Jaros

Anders Nilsson
Craig Anderson

Post deadline

Nick Paul - Logan Brown - Drake Batherson
Rudolfcs Balcers - Chris Tierney - Connor Brown
Max Verroneau - Artem Anisimov - Jonathan Davidsson
Jack Rodewald

Thomas Chabot - Christian Jaros
Erik Brannstrom - Dylan Demelo/Nick Ebert
Max Lajoie

Anders Nilsson
Marcus Hogberg
This is exactly what they should be doing. Id rather extend Pageau and trade Tierney they will maximize assets best this way. But other than that you are absolutely bang on.

Belleville will also get some help along the way with the assets the sens get back from all the trades.

Frank8

Sep 19, 2013
I liked what I saw of Duclair last season and I hope he continues at that pace. If so, he would be a good addition to the team. Trade the old guys over 30 IMO. :)
I liked him too but he was heavily sheltered. I wouldn't want him stealing offensive zone starts from rookies. Hopefully he can be trusted more in both ends.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-09-07 at 11.54.10.png
    Screenshot 2019-09-07 at 11.54.10.png
    150.9 KB · Views: 3

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
I'll give my bold pre-training camp prediction on how this plays out.

Tkachuk - Anisimov- White
Duclair - L. Brown - Batherson
Formenton - Tierny - C Brown
Ennis - Pageau - Ryan
Boedker

Chabot-DeMelo
Brannstrom-Zaitsev
Wolanin-Hainsey
Boro/Jaros

Brown, Formenton, and Brannstrom all steal a spot from a vet out of training camp.

Belleville will be just fine without them imo. We have Balcers, Jaros, Lajoie, Paul, Chlapik, and Verroneau all able and willing to take on big roles down there, and with the addition of Norris and Davidsson to that group, the B-Sens are still poised to have huge year imo.

And we have so many options for call ups next year if we run into injuries. No more career AHLers filling holes for us.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I look at the 2019-2020 season from a selfish position in that I would like them to finish the yr in the best position possible to win the 2020 draft lottery or at the least be 2nd or 3rd. I would also like to see Belleville make the playoffs & go on a long playoff run & that would mean keeping some of our best prospects down in Belleville longer which IMO would definitely help their development & make them hungrier.

And another reason would be to showcase the UFAs in Ottawa & in Belleville giving them some NHL games to increase their value or simply as a way to thank them for their contributions to the organization. Afterall, if the team is going to suck next yr, I would much rather they are in the 2020 draft lottery than have limited their chances for a great pick. The 2021 season would be a different story but there could still be a few players on the team that would need to be replaced. I think could be the team we see to start the yr but it certainly won't be the team we see to finish the yr.

Tkachuk - White - Batherson
Duclair - Anisimov - Ryan
Ennis - Tierny - C. Brown
Paul - Pageau - Boedker/Veronneau

Chabot - Zaitsev
Wolanin - DeMello
Boroweicki - Hainsey/Jaros

Anderson - Nilsson/Hogberg

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
We could send a few vets to the minor anyways... it’s not like anyone would pluck them off waivers.

I'll give my bold pre-training camp prediction on how this plays out.

Tkachuk - Anisimov- White
Duclair - L. Brown - Batherson
Formenton - Tierny - C Brown
Ennis - Pageau - Ryan
Boedker

Chabot-DeMelo
Brannstrom-Zaitsev
Wolanin-Hainsey
Boro/Jaros

Brown, Formenton, and Brannstrom all steal a spot from a vet out of training camp.

Belleville will be just fine without them imo. We have Balcers, Jaros, Lajoie, Paul, Chlapik, and Verroneau all able and willing to take on big roles down there, and with the addition of Norris and Davidsson to that group, the B-Sens are still poised to have huge year imo.

And we have so many options for call ups next year if we run into injuries. No more career AHLers filling holes for us.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
We could send a few vets to the minor anyways... it’s not like anyone would pluck them off waivers.

Boedker and Boro would be the only real candidates in my mind at this point in time. And I cant see Ennis or Hainesy getting waived or sat initially, maybe later in the year though. Duclair could be another one on the border.

But I can see anyone else feasibly getting waived.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Boedker and Boro would be the only real candidates in my mind at this point in time. And I cant see Ennis or Hainesy getting waived or sat initially, maybe later in the year though. Duclair could be another one on the border.

But I can see anyone else feasibly getting waived.

I agree - Boedker screams unless Eugene doesn’t want to pay an extra ELC. We also don’t owe Aminisov a thing ... but I doubt that happens.

There is a minor issue of how the org treats vets too.... but $3 million in the AHL or sitting at home is still a good gig. It’s not like no one will sign in NY for their treatment of Redden etc.

Sens72

Football Enthusiast
Aug 31, 2018
Canada
I'm going to go pretty conservative with the number of rookies making the team but I also believe training camp will be wide open and a guy like Logan Brown could work his way into a 2c spot for Oct 2.

Tkachuk-White-Ryan
Duclair-Tierney-Batherson
Boedker - Anisimov - Brown
Ennis - Pageau - Davidsson
Paul

Chabot - Zaitsev
Wolanin - Hainsey
Borowiecki - DeMelo
Jaros

Nilsson
Anderson

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
Tkachuk-White-Duclair
Ennis-L.Brown-Batherson
Balcers-Tierney-Ryan
Anisimov-Pageau-C.Brown
Boedker

Chabot-Demelo
Wolanin-Hainsey
Boro-Zaitsev
Jaros

Nilsson
Anderson

Hainsey, Boro and Jaros on a rotation to sub out so they all play games.

Brown and Batherson are locks to me, and they're really high on Balcers. I think it'll be Balcers vs Davidsson but they'll want Davidsson to get acclimated to the smaller rink in Belleville, and Balcers is clearly NHL ready.

And then there's Formenton who will probably throw a wrench in all of this lol

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Tkachuk-White-Duclair
Ennis-L.Brown-Batherson
Balcers-Tierney-Ryan
Anisimov-Pageau-C.Brown
Boedker

Chabot-Demelo
Wolanin-Hainsey
Boro-Zaitsev
Jaros

Nilsson
Anderson

Hainsey, Boro and Jaros on a rotation to sub out so they all play games.

Brown and Batherson are locks to me, and they're really high on Balcers. I think it'll be Balcers vs Davidsson but they'll want Davidsson to get acclimated to the smaller rink in Belleville, and Balcers is clearly NHL ready.

And then there's Formenton who will probably throw a wrench in all of this lol
A 4th line of Amnisimov-Pageau-C. Brown. No way! (I’m just kidding). It’ll be interesting to see how things shake up. Tough to tell if some guys will start in the top 6, bottom 6, or AHL.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Can the young guys push Boedker and Boro to 13th forward and 7th D man.

If Boedker remains in the top 12 there is 1 forward spot
If we conceded a RD spot to Jaros and Boro is in the top 6 .. there are 0 D spots.

We should not have any of the young guys as 13th forward or 7th D.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Boys on the radio discuss Formenton. I agree its a tough call with him. His speed will stand out. He is fiesty. He will stand out as one of the 12 best forwards at camp.
What's best for his development Bottom 6 NHL or top line AHL.

I really like him. If he can learn to finish he will be an outstanding player. My feeling is let him play close to a full season in Belleville even though I would waive Boedker to have him in the lineup in a heartbeat. I think he will have more opportunities to develop his offense in the AHL where I think he will be close to dominant.

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/ottawa-1200-1.1362724 .. after they talk tennis

Reactions: Icelevel

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I can't see the Sens breaking in two rookies on a line. Batherson was barely treading water with MD as his center last season. MD's injury really exposed Batherson's weakness and he was quickly sent down. I assume he has continued to develop but I can't see Brown carrying Batherson into the season.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I'd like to see Boedker waived and Batherson Paul Brown be given a crack as a line. They dominated in the A and by all accounts Brown and Batherson have bulked up. Paul to me got Boucher'd last year. If the 3 of them can play with nhl pace, I'd like to see it. The concern with rookies is often physical abuse and that's obviously not a concern with this trio. Easy enough to shelter them and let Brown and Batherson get some PP looks

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Can the young guys push Boedker and Boro to 13th forward and 7th D man.

If Boedker remains in the top 12 there is 1 forward spot
If we conceded a RD spot to Jaros and Boro is in the top 6 .. there are 0 D spots.

We should not have any of the young guys as 13th forward or 7th D.
I think boedker gets an automatic spot. Hope he has a good year and get some asset for him.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I think boedker gets an automatic spot. Hope he has a good year and get some asset for him.

I can't imagine any asset that we could get for Boedker that is worth holding back the development of a top prospect at the NHL level. Boedker clears waivers without anyone thinking twice.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Yeah it’s good that Formenton was playing meaning he might be less of a consideration for Ottawa this year(in relation to brown, Batherson, brannstrom, and abramov). Hopefully recognizing he should have some time in the ahl first.
He’s already on the right path obviously and flying down it but some time with Troy mann to put it all together a bit better should serve him well.

Yup I agree. Looking forward to watching Belleville this year.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I can't imagine any asset that we could get for Boedker that is worth holding back the development of a top prospect at the NHL level. Boedker clears waivers without anyone thinking twice.
Yeah, but he gets a top 9 spot guaranteed. Ottawa (of all teams) aren't going to sit a player with a 4 million dollar cap hit, it's just not gonna happen. Besides, there's WAY worse things than prospects getting extended time in the AHL to hone their skills. He'll go at the deadline for a middling pick, then a prospect will get his chance.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I think Batherson with a decent camp makes the team to start the year.
I think Jaros makes the team out of camp.
I think that Boedker will have a spot in the 12 forwards
Only questions what to do with a 7th D spot; Who else makes it at forward; What to do w 13th f spot

Chabot Demelo
Hainsey Zaitsev
Boro Jaros
?
I would not have Wolanin or Jaros as a 7th D in Ottawa. I'd rather go out and sign a UFA e.g. Methot for a 1 year deal at say 2-3 million and let those guys go play a lot in Belleville. Maybe they keep Englund or Goloubef as a 7th

Tkachuk White C Brown
Ennis Tierney Batherson
Duclair Anisimov Ryan
Paul Pageau Boedker
Rodewald

Here again I would rather Boedker be the 13th forward but I think Smith is old school enough to want him in the lineup. Maybe someone like Rodewald will be ok at 13th forward , that can plug a hole on the 4th line. I'd rather have Balcers playing bigger, more offensive minutes and he can use more AHL time imo.

or L. Brown makes it
Tkachuk Anisimov White
C Brown Tierney Batherson
Duclair L Brown Ryan
Ennis Pageau Boedker
Paul

Belleville is going to have a hell of a team with

possibly Logan Brown, Balcers, Norris, Chlapik, Abramov, Formenton, Davidsson, Veronneau, Kelly, Carcone, Klimchuk + up front; and Wolanin, Brannstrom and Lajoie on D, plus Hogberg and Gus/Daccord in nets.

Get your AHLTV sub
https://www.tsn.ca/radio/ottawa-1200/dorion-we-ve-had-talks-with-chabot-1.1363417

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Our D is a bit of a cluster... well... you know.

Lajoie, Wolanin and Jaros all played 30 or more games last year and could all end up on the outside looking in. All three can make a reasonable argument that they are ideally playing in the NHL. Then there's Brannstrom.

One spot, two if you count the 7th man. Boro ideally fits into that 7th slot, but I doubt that's where he ends up. He just seems like a DJ Smith kind of player.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00