Line Combos: 2019/2020 Lineup

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Music to my ears. Let them get in at least 30-50 games in the Ahl.

I think the Brown will have to be very good but not “unreal”. He is D+4, was drafted about 5 min behind PoolParty, and if he shows he is ready to learn/develop in the NHL I think he sticks.

Injuries aside, I can’t think of a top prospect the Senators have been more cautious with. Every player taken ahead of Brown has close to a full season in the NHL already.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Christian Jaros might be some things, but an offensive defenceman is not one of them.

He's certainly not going to QB a PP, but it's not like we have a lot of great RHD options that are keeping him off the PP. We probably play a forward over him in the majority of cases, but the group that gets the last 40 seconds of a PP is typically a reasonable facsimile of a 5v5 unit, he could see time there as Chabot's probably resting for his next shift and we don't want to mess with his regular pairings.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Christian Jaros might be some things, but an offensive defenceman is not one of them.

He's certainly not going to QB a PP, but it's not like we have a lot of great RHD options that are keeping him off the PP. We probably play a forward over him in the majority of cases, but the group that gets the last 40 seconds of a PP is typically a reasonable facsimile of a 5v5 unit, he could see time there as Chabot's probably resting for his next shift and we don't want to mess with his regular pairings.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I think the Brown will have to be very good but not “unreal”. He is D+4, was drafted about 5 min behind PoolParty, and if he shows he is ready to learn/develop in the NHL I think he sticks.

Injuries aside, I can’t think of a top prospect the Senators have been more cautious with. Every player taken ahead of Brown has close to a full season in the NHL already.

I think Brownneeds to play 40 + games and establish himself this year. Otherwise he is moving in to bust territory.

Batherson will play the full year with the big club imo

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think that the team that starts the season will be much different than the team that ends the season, I expect that Ottawa could trade as many as 10 players over the course of the season & leading up to the trade deadline. I have bolded those players I think should get traded next season & in italic those players who are also possible trade candidates.

2019 - 2020 Ottawa Senators Opening Season Roster:

Duclair - Anisimov - Ryan
Tkachuk - White - Batherson
Ennis - Tierny - Brown
Paul
- Pageau - Rodewald/Boedker

Chabot - Zaitsev
Wolanin - DeMello
Boroweicki - Hainsey
/Jaros

Anderson - Nilsson/Hogberg

2019 - 2020 Belleville Senators Opening Season Roster:

Balcers - Brown - Veronneau
Abramov - Chlapik - Davidsson

Formenton - Norris - Szarz (UFA)
Kelly - Kastellic - Sturtz
Klimchuk - Beaudin - Carcone/Labate

Bransstrom - Goloubef (UFA)
Lajoie - Ebert
Englund - Dougherty
Murray - Gendron

Hogberg - Gustavsson
Daccord - Dubeau

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
I think that the team that starts the season will be much different than the team that ends the season, I expect that Ottawa could trade as many as 10 players over the course of the season & leading up to the trade deadline. I have bolded those players I think should get traded next season & in italic those players who are also possible trade candidates.

2019 - 2020 Ottawa Senators Opening Season Roster:

Duclair - Anisimov - Ryan
Ennis - Tierny - Brown
Paul
- Pageau - Rodewald/Boedker

Chabot - Zaitsev
Wolanin - DeMello
Boroweicki - Hainsey
/Jaros

Anderson - Nilsson/Hogberg

2019 - 2020 Belleville Senators Opening Season Roster:

Balcers - Brown - Veronneau
Abramov - Chlapik - Davidsson

Formenton - Norris - Szarz (UFA)
Kelly - Kastellic - Sturtz
Klimchuk - Beaudin - Carcone/Labate

Bransstrom - Goloubef (UFA)
Lajoie - Ebert
Englund - Dougherty
Murray - Gendron

Hogberg - Gustavsson
Daccord - Dubeau

Quite interested to see the roster fall out required to get to 2020-2021 Be some interesting moves to say the least. I'm thinking that would look like

Tkachuk – White – Batherson
Paul** – Brown – 2020 1st (somewhere on this line)
Duclair – Anisimov – Brown
Balcers – Pageau – Davidsson

13th depending on 2019-2020 Development:
Chlapik, Formenton, Norris, Veronneau, Abramov or Rodewald

Chabot – Jaros
Bransstrom – Zaitsev*
Wolanin – Bernard-Docker
LaJoie

Nilsson - Hogberg

2020 1st could be LaFreniere LW, Byfield C, Raymond RW at this point.

Gone: Anderson, Ryan, Ennis, Tierney, Boedker, DeMello*, Hainsey, Borowiecki

* Zaitsev could be traded if return better than DeMello
** Only IF Paul dominates this year with net presence.

All of Chlapik, Formenton, Norris, Veronneau, Abramov, Rodewald, Thompson, Gustavsson should be ready for 2021-2022. Interesting times

Could have its own thread !

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Leading into 20/21 is going to be an interesting year for the Sens. Not much chance Dorion/Melnyk screw the pooch on this.

UFAs
Boedker
Pageau
Ennis
Hainsey
Demelo
Boro
Anderson
Non Roster
Swarz
Goloubef

RFAs
Tierney
C Brown
Duclair
Veronneau
Chabot
Jaros
Non Roster
Paul
Sturtz
Englund
Ebert
Daccord (10.2c) like White this year
Chlapik
Beaudin
Sturtz
Rodewald
Klimchuk
Balcers

Ottawa Senators - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Should start by signing White (and Chabot if they can) this year

Reactions: Icelevel

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Leading into 20/21 is going to be an interesting year for the Sens. Not much chance Dorion/Melnyk screw the pooch on this.

UFAs
Boedker
Pageau
Ennis
Hainsey
Demelo
Boro
Anderson
Non Roster
Swarz
Goloubef

RFAs
Tierney
C Brown
Duclair
Veronneau
Chabot
Jaros
Non Roster
Paul
Sturtz
Englund
Ebert
Daccord (10.2c) like White this year
Chlapik
Beaudin
Sturtz
Rodewald
Klimchuk
Balcers

Ottawa Senators - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Should start by signing White (and Chabot if they can) this year
The list of ufas puta a smile on my face. Outside of Pageau and demelo. But those two can be traded or kept around without much to complain about.

Reactions: DrEasy

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
I'm actually annoyed with myself that I'm even interested. But I'm very interested to see how the kids do this year. I honestly think we'll see some progress and there are a lot of young players that are looking to make the jump. Especially on defence. So many intriguing options and development opportunities on the way.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Last year Batherson had MD and RD when he broke in .... this year he gets a Brown and Anisimov #tank2020

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I like this lineup. I could stand to see Logan Brown in to start and Balcers out.

I fully expect the lineup to be as posted with the only suspense being:
1. L. Brown vs Balcers vs Paul (my crystal ball says Balcers)
2. Wolanin ve Brannstrom (my crystal ball says Wolanin)

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
I'm not sure I understand why people are putting Anisimov in a top 6, or even top 9, role, ahead of either Pageau or Tierney.

Anisimov is a contract we had to take back. In an ideal world, he wouldn't even be on the team, and at 31, with his reputation and one year left on his deal, his value will not get any higher. Ideally, he'd go on LTIR at some point...

Pageau, on the other hand, is an upcoming UFA who already holds value because of his versatility and defensive play. If you put him in an offensive situation and he has ~30-35 points at the deadline? You might be able to get a 1st round pick, or at least a 2nd + decent prospect.

Tierney is 24, plays center and is an upcoming RFA. If he puts up a 50+ point season, he'll have good value at the draft.

Tkachuk - White - Ryan
Balcers - Tierney - Batherson
C.Brown - Pageau - Duclair
Paul/Boedker - Anisimov - Ennis

Reactions: Cosmix and NB613

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
Put Boedker in Balcers spot and send Balcers to the AHL. Don't want him rushed.
He's NHL ready and better than Boedker. Play him. I think we can isolate each rookie pretty well with some vets (7/36 are basicaly vets on this team at this point) at least for the first couple months. 4 lines should all get similar ice time, with that 1st line hopefully playing the most.

Duclair- L. Brown - Ennis
Balcers - Tierney - Ryan
Anisimov - Pageau - C.Brown
Boedker

By the deadline, one of Pageau/Tierney will be gone, along with Boedker and Ennis at least. We'll probably get a roster player back in one of those deals, but the other 2 spots should be used to cycle in some kids to get them som NHL games. Norris, Formenton, Davidsson, Chlapik and Paul.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad