2019-2020 Laval Rocket & ECHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Sturtz is actually injured now and hasn't played since November 30th.

Marcotte added in another Tweet later that Sturtz will meet the coaches this afternoon.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Phil Varone won't play this weekend. But all signs point to him playing next week. Laval only has one 3-in-3 this year and it's next weekend.

Reactions: Fixxer

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

Phil Varone won't play this weekend. But all signs point to him playing next week. Laval only has one 3-in-3 this year and it's next weekend.

that's what I was wondering, I thought I heard he was traveling with the team so he had to be close to returning so I thought they were taking it slow with him since they had the week long break but after he didn't play these last 2 games I worried he had a setback. Getting him back for next weekend with Barber coming back is huge. Now if we could just get some good news on Juulsen.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Jul 6, 2016
that's what I was wondering, I thought I heard he was traveling with the team so he had to be close to returning so I thought they were taking it slow with him since they had the week long break but after he didn't play these last 2 games I worried he had a setback. Getting him back for next weekend with Barber coming back is huge. Now if we could just get some good news on Juulsen.

Vejdemo or Weise could be sent down soon, too, with Kovalchuk in the line up.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#03/01/20(Game36/Phantoms0-4Rocket)

Hudon(1G+1A+2)/Evans(1G+2)/Barber(2A+2)
Veilleux(1A+1)/McCarron(1A+1)/Cox(+1)
Alain/Lynch/Cuddemi
Pezzetta/Jevpalovs/Mitchell

Olofsson(1A+2)/Ouellet(1G+1A+2)
Leskinen(+1)/McEneny(1G+1)
Alzner/Brook

Primeau(20/20)

Last edited:

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
Evans might take Thompson spot next season

Thompson might get moved at the trade deadline plus he's a UFA.
I think he's played well on our 4th so ideally we trade him for a 4th and re-sign him in the summer for another year

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#04/01/20(Game37/Crunch2-3Rocket)

Hudon/Evans/Barber(+1)
Veilleux/McCarron(2A+1)/Cox
Alain(+1)/Lynch(1A)/Cuddemi(1G)
Pezzetta/Jevpalovs/Mitchell

Olofsson(-1)/Ouellet(1G+1)
Leskinen(1A)/McEneny(+1)
Alzner(+1)/Brook

Kinkaid(33/35)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Laval has been drawing some great crowds the last few games.

December 27th vs. Toronto: 6940
December 28th vs. Toronto: 8459
January 3rd vs. Lehigh Valley: 8282
January 4th vs. Syracuse: 8104

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Great result for Laval today. Lehigh Valley beats Toronto 4-2 just now. Lehigh Valley was on a 3-in-3 weekend, losing to Laval on Friday and Belleville on Saturday. They come back on the 3rd night and beat Toronto in regulation.

That keeps Toronto only 1 point up on Laval. Toronto has 2 games in hand on Laval, though. But before today's game, they had 3 games in hand. So it's nice to see the lose one of those games in hand. And they lost to the third worst team in the AHL.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
As I said on RDS, the AHL is not the place where Hudon wants to be... but playing at an all-star game is always an honor!

Guranteed he wants to be in the NHL. But Hudon has said it that this year, he is less preoccupied with all of that and is just having fun playing hockey. Not to say his goal isn't to stay in the NHL. But it's a healthy approach to have despite everything. Just have fun. And it shows. He's a lot more engaged and more involved.

That was the knock at the start of the year for most of the players like Varone, Hudon, Peca, and Barber. All of them showed that they weren't happy to be in the AHL and that is why they all had slow starts. As soon as they started to come to terms with it, they all started contributing.

Booba

Jun 20, 2005
With Alzner, Brook, Lamarche, Leskinen, McEneny, Olofsson, Ouellet, Juulsen (injured) and now Folin, Laval's defence's getting quite crowded.

Plus, they're now back at 6 veterans (Alzner, Folin, Ouellet, Hudon, Mitchell and Veilleux).

It's fine for now, but they could have some decisions to make when Varone and Weise return.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
With Alzner, Brook, Lamarche, Leskinen, McEneny, Olofsson, Ouellet, Juulsen (injured) and now Folin, Laval's defence's getting quite crowded.

Plus, they're now back at 6 veterans (Alzner, Folin, Ouellet, Hudon, Mitchell and Veilleux).

It's fine for now, but they could have some decisions to make when Varone and Weise return.

They could release Mitchell from his PTO.

Veilleux is doing well so I doubt they'd release him. But he can count as a vet exempt, having played between 260-320 games.

There is also Peca who will most likely return to Laval at some point. So once the players start getting healthy, decisions will need to be made.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

Varone is slated to be back next game so I would think Mitchell gets released. Folin was not very impressive when they loaned him to Laval last time so he should not be in the lineup imo.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
McCarron to Nashville/Milwaukee.

Laurent Dauphin coming the other way.

As Marcotte mentions, he wouldn't be surprised if Bouchard put Dauphin at center next to Hudon. The two of them played in Chicoutimi together.

Marcotte also says that McCarron has been playing good hockey for Laval, but that his actions in Utica, where he lost his cool and even got a little too physical with a ref, may have been something that pushed Montreal to look to dealing him. Bouchard was very critical of McCarron after that game, putting a lot of the blame for the loss on him as he removed any chance Laval had in tying that game and at least push it to OT.

McCarron has offered honest services to Bouchard since last year. But McCarron did often cost his team by losing his cool.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Good news, Varone practices with the team for the first time today. Chances are he returns to the line-up on Friday against Syracuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad