2019-2020 Laval Rocket & ECHL Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
The injury updates -

Brook and Hudon injured in practice today.

Blandisi out for weeks from the sounds of it.

Juulsen and Pelletier won't be on the road trip. Juulsen could be getting close to a return

Leskinen and Joe Cox made the trip so should play at some point.

Jevpalovs is back so I assume he plays tomorrow night.

Those injuries don't leave us with much...

Vejdemo-KK-Cox
Veilleux-Poehling-Jevpalovs
Lucchini-Dauphin-Lynch
Pezzetta-Luchuk-Alain

McEneny-Fleury
Olofsson-Lamarche
Culkin-Halbert

Good luck making the playoffs

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
The injury updates -

Juulsen and Pelletier won't be on the road trip. Juulsen could be getting close to a return

What an abysmal situation lol.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Those injuries don't leave us with much...

Vejdemo-KK-Cox
Veilleux-Poehling-Jevpalovs
Lucchini-Dauphin-Lynch
Pezzetta-Luchuk-Alain

McEneny-Fleury
Olofsson-Lamarche
Culkin-Halbert

Good luck making the playoffs

McEneny is injured. Alain would be higher up then the 4th line. I haven't heard if they recalled Sturtz or if Luchuk will play or not as I assume the Habs will call up another player as they are at 20 unless Mete is good to go and or Ouellet.

Hopefully Hudon is ok to play,

but yes they are f***ed unless they get Ouellet, Alzner and Hudon is healthy.

I assume the D if Brook can't go will be,

Olofsson Fleury
Leskinen Lamarche
Culkin Woods/Halbert

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Why does Laval sign the most obscure PTO’s? 26 year old journeymen opposed to young players.

PTOs aren't about finding a prospect... they are mostly just about finding a body to play on your team for a few games or a few weeks due to injuries and call-ups leaving holes in the lineup. 26-year-old ECHLers are usually more experienced, better players, than the 20, 21 year old down in that league.

Reactions: DAChampion

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
The injury updates -

Well, that sucks.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
So, I just found out that a team can apparently make trades after the deadline, but the acquired players will not be eligible for the playoffs. Is that true?
Would be nice if MB could bring some depth defenceman, so we could send someone down to Laval.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
So, I just found out that a team can apparently make trades after the deadline, but the acquired players will not be eligible for the playoffs. Is that true?
Would be nice if MB could bring some depth defenceman, so we could send someone down to Laval.

yes it's true. We are currently at 45 contracts as well so plenty of room. With Mete out for the season they should do it so Alzner can go back down and Ouellet when he is healthy. Getting those 2 would be huge.

Reactions: Archijerej

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
yes it's true. We are currently at 45 contracts as well so plenty of room. With Mete out for the season they should do it so Alzner can go back down and Ouellet when he is healthy. Getting those 2 would be huge.
Bouchard sounded like this was one of the tasks before the deadline. We'll see.

Reactions: montreal

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#26/02/20(Game57:Rocket4-1Senators)

Hudon(1G+1)/Kotkaniemi(1A+1)/Lynch(3A+3)
Dauphin(1G+1)/Poehling/Lucchini
Veilleux/Vejdemo/Alain(1A)
Pezzetta/Luchuk/Jevpalovs(2G)

Olofsson(+1)/Brook(1A+1)
Halbert/Lamarche(-1)
Culkin(+1)/Fleury(+2)

Primeau(27/28)

Last edited:

canadiensnation

Jun 11, 2011
GTA
So he could play either one of next week's game (Thurs March 5 or Frid March 6) both are in Cleveland

I'm thinking Bouchard will let him practice a little with the team, watch Thursday's game from the stand and will only employ him on Friday.
Exactly what I was thinking. Though it's Fri and Sat back to back.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
With 19 games left in the regular season, the Rocket are 1 point back of the last playoff spot (Syracuse Crunch) with an equal number of games played. They're 5 points back of the second-to-last spot (Utica Rocket) with 2 more games played. However, the 6th and 7th place teams, the Toronto Marlies and Binghamtom Devils, are very close. It's a horse race between 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th.

Realistically, I think that the cutoff to make the playoffs will be ~83 points, which means that the Rocket need 23 points in their last 19 games, which is feasible. To finish 3rd they will need ~90 points, which would require 30 points in their last 19 games, and that is less feasible.

These are their 9 most important games:
Utica Rocket, February 29th
Binghamton Devils, March 13th, 14th, 21st
Utica Rocket, March 20th, 25th
Toronto Marlies, March 28th
Toronto Marlies, April 2nd
Syracuse Crunch, April 8th

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
With 19 games left in the regular season, the Rocket are 1 point back of the last playoff spot (Syracuse Crunch) with an equal number of games played. They're 5 points back of the second-to-last spot (Utica Rocket) with 2 more games played. However, the 6th and 7th place teams, the Toronto Marlies and Binghamtom Devils, are very close. It's a horse race between 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th.

Realistically, I think that the cutoff to make the playoffs will be ~83 points, which means that the Rocket need 23 points in their last 19 games, which is feasible. To finish 3rd they will need ~90 points, which would require 30 points in their last 19 games, and that is less feasible.

These are their 9 most important games:
Utica Rocket, February 29th
Binghamton Devils, March 13th, 14th, 21st
Utica Rocket, March 20th, 25th
Toronto Marlies, March 28th
Toronto Marlies, April 2nd
Syracuse Crunch, April 8th

they badly need Hudon, Ouellet and Alzner back though. Evans would be great too of course. If they don't get Alzner back but if Juulsen ends up playing soon it would help at least depending on how rusty he is as he was playing very solid D before they shut him down in December.

Now they should get Leskinen back tonight or tomorrow so that helps the offense a bit since he's one of our leading scorers among active players. Cox should be back, he's been a solid bottom 6 forward for us this year so hopefully he's back to 100%.

Reactions: DAChampion
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad