2019-2020 Laval Rocket & ECHL Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

26 year old LD. 6'2" and 212 lbs.

He played 9 games for Manitoba Moose last year and had 1 assist. He has 24pts in 40 GP in the ECHL this yer.

Justin Woods - Elite Prospects.png

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
And from what I understand, he was signed to an AHL deal and not on a PTO. I could be wrong. Because looking at the AHL Transactions page, he is listed as simply added to the Rocket. But for Halbert, they specified that he was signed to a PTO.

woods.png
halbert.png

Unless of course, the AHL doesn't have the full details yet on whether it's an AHL deal or a PTO and will change it once the deal is confirmed.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

26 year old LD. 6'2" and 212 lbs.

He played 9 games for Manitoba Moose last year and had 1 assist. He has 24pts in 40 GP in the ECHL this yer.

View attachment 325751

i've seen him a few times though I don't remember him as he was a teammate of Koberstein's at Alaska and the team Woods played for this year in the ECHL is the same team Koberstein played for last year.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Lindgren and Weise weren't placed on waivers today, which is the last day teams can put players on waivers in order to clear and be assigned to the AHL in time for the TDL (so they can be eligible for the AHL playoffs).

That means neither of them would be eligible for the AHL playoffs should Laval qualify.

Reactions: DAChampion

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The only player in Montreal that was sent down to be on the Laval roster at the 3PM deadline was Alzner. So he is now eligible to play in the AHL playoffs. They did call him back up immediately after the deadline passed. He is still in Montreal as an emergency call up.

As for Ouellet, because he is on IR in the NHL, he can be sent to the AHL when he gets healthy and he will be eligible for the playoffs.

No one else was sent down as a paper transaction. So Suzuki will not be eligible for the playoffs if Laval qualifies. This does not surprise me because since last year, he's played a lot of hockey. And meaningful hockey at that:

- He and Guelph went deep in the OHL playoffs, where they won the championship.
- Then, they played in the Memorial Cup, where they lose in the final.
- He had a short break because he was at the Habs' developmenal camp in July.
- He then took part in the rookie camp and then the main camp and has played in all 64 games for Montreal this year.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Also some info worth noting, while the NHL TDL is passed, teams can make trades between them with AHL contracted players only until next Monday.

AHL contracted players in Laval are:

- Lamarche
- Jevpalovs
- Lynch
- McEneny
- Veilleux
- Cox
- Pelletier
- LaCouvee
- Culkin
- Adams-Moisan

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
The only player in Montreal that was sent down to be on the Laval roster at the 3PM deadline was Alzner. So he is now eligible to play in the AHL playoffs. They did call him back up immediately after the deadline passed. He is still in Montreal as an emergency call up.

As for Ouellet, because he is on IR in the NHL, he can be sent to the AHL when he gets healthy and he will be eligible for the playoffs.

No one else was sent down as a paper transaction. So Suzuki will not be eligible for the playoffs if Laval qualifies. This does not surprise me because since last year, he's played a lot of hockey. And meaningful hockey at that:

- He then took part in the rookie camp and then the main camp and has played in all 64 games for Montreal this year.

With his hockey canada ties and his age, i wouldnt be surprised if Suzuki is asked to play at the World championship. They like to take some kids.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
if the habs dont make the playoffs... Can Suzuki can go to Laval ?

3 posts before yours

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I thought about it this morning and I was wondering if because Suzuki is on his ELC, maybe that still makes him eligible to join Laval at some point.

I asked Andrew Zadarnowski on Twitter and will await his reply. And possible @montreal knows, too, as he's very knowledgeable when it comes to these things.

One way or another, we'll know for sure.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal

It's unblieveable that MB didnt go out and acquire some help for Laval or at least some bodies for Montreal in order to keep more players in Laval. The Rocket is in a playoff run and nobody in the org seems to care...

You got rid of Kovy, Scandella, Thompson, Cousins and Peca and only got 1 player in return who is ECHL bound (Luchuk) and you have Folin and Weise up with the big club. Not only that but with Mete's injury I doubt they will send down Ouellet (who's injured too anyway...)

Laval now lost Evans and also Alzner who needs to fill in for injured players in Montreal.

So on D you have Brook, Fleury, Olofsson and up front KK, Poehling, Hudon, Vejdemo, Blandisi and Dauphin. Those are your main players with the rest being mostly depth. There is a ton of guys on AHL deals that will be relied upon, these players arnt even prospects for us. I mean this is just unbelieveable. Laval is basically a one-line team now (KK with Hudon, that's it). They have no depth and both MTL and LAV are extremely injury prone this year. There is no way they make it now.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
I thought about it this morning and I was wondering if because Suzuki is on his ELC, maybe that still makes him eligible to join Laval at some point.

I asked Andrew Zadarnowski on Twitter and will await his reply. And possible @montreal knows, too, as he's very knowledgeable when it comes to these things.

One way or another, we'll know for sure.

I read multiple times that Suzuki had to be sent down before the deadline to be eligible. But it's true the rule isn't 100% clear, so you may be right.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I read multiple times that Suzuki had to be sent down before the deadline to be eligible. But it's true the rule isn't 100% clear, so you may be right.

Turns out, he won't be eligible. He had to be sent down. Being in an ELC does not bypass that rule.

The players that will sign an ELC after their season at Junior or in Europe is finished can play. So Hillis, Houde, Fonstad, McShane, Ylönen, Harris, and Caufield may be eligible if they're seasons are over and Habs choose to sign them

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Luchuk was over 1ppg in the ECHL and was decent in the AHL when he was there, so I don't know why everyone think he will be in the ECHL...

Reactions: Andrei79

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Turns out, he won't be eligible. He had to be sent down. Being in an ELC does not bypass that rule.

The players that will sign an ELC after their season at Junior or in Europe is finished can play. So Hillis, Houde, Fonstad, McShane, Ylönen, Harris, and Caufield may be eligible if they're seasons are over and Habs choose to sign them

correct, Suzuki would have needed to sign his ELC next week in March, as it's for players that just signed an ELC, not ones that played a full season already.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#19/02/20(Game54:Moose5-4Rocket/SO)

Hudon(1G+1A+2)/Kotkaniemi(2A+2)/Evans(1G+1A+2)
Dauphin(-1)/Poehling/Lynch(-1)
Veilleux(1G)/Vejdemo/Alain(-1)
Peca(-1)/Varone/Barber

Alzner(1A+1)/Brook(-1)
McEneny(-1)/Fleury(1G+1)
Halbert/Lamarche(-1)

Kinkaid(25/29)

#21/02/20(Game55:Moose1-4Rocket)

Hudon(1G+1)/Kotkaniemi(1A+1)/Evans(1G+1A+2)
Dauphin(1G+1A+2)/Poehling(+1)/Lynch(1G+1A+2)
Veilleux/Vejdemo/Alain
Peca(-1)/Blandisi/Lucchini

Alzner(1A+2)/Brook(+1)
Olofsson(+1)/Lamarche(+2)
McEneny/Fleury

Primeau(24/25)

#22/02/20(Game56:Marlies1-2Rocket)

Hudon/Kotkaniemi/Evans
Dauphin(1A)/Poehling/Lynch(1A)
Veilleux(2G+1)/Vejdemo(+1)/Alain(1A+1)
Lucchini(-1)/Peca(-1)/Waked(-1)

Olofsson/Brook
Halbert(-1)/Lamarche(-1)
Culkin/Fleury(1A+1)

Primeau(26/27)

Last edited:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Why does Laval sign the most obscure PTO’s? 26 year old journeymen opposed to young players.

Veilleux on a PTO wasn't obscure.
Lynch on a PTO at the start of the year wasn't obscure
McEneny on a PTO wasn't obscure.

Also, if you look around the AHL, every team that has to sign someone on a PTO find obscure players.

Reactions: angusyoung

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
The injury updates -

Brook and Hudon injured in practice today.

Blandisi out for weeks from the sounds of it.

Juulsen and Pelletier won't be on the road trip. Juulsen could be getting close to a return

Leskinen and Joe Cox made the trip so should play at some point.

Jevpalovs is back so I assume he plays tomorrow night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad