Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
LE RETOUR D’EVANS POUR RELANCER LE ROCKET – Rocket Laval

Some quotes from Bouchard and Peca on the benching of his vets,
I used google translate,

"Me, the answers, I want to have them on the ice, replied Joël Bouchard about the response of Varone and Barber. I have nothing against these guys, I told them what I had to say. We made the decision we had to make and they will play tomorrow (tonight). In the end, it is hockey players who must play as directed by the team. My job in the American League is to allow players to progress in a winning environment and to do it the right way. "

The coach's decision surprised several players in the locker room, starting with another veteran, Matthew Peca.

"This is the strategy the coaches chose to wake us up and I think it turned us on," said Peca. I also think it had the expected effect on the team, but also on them after what they showed in training this morning. I have never seen a coach make such a decision (to cut two veterans in the same game). Hope it works. "

“We will come back with (Keith) Kinkaid on Wednesday. It is important. It's been over a week since he last played. We made a plan with him, it was emotional. He did everything he was asked to do. We gave him training alone with Marco Marciano in the morning. He is in a good place right now. As a coach, I need to give the guys a chance to come back strong. They often question themselves, they think about their careers. It is my role to help them stay the course. "

canadiensnation

Jun 11, 2011
GTA
What a debacle. When do results factor into the job?

MB needs to figure it out and get some veterans for 2-3 years that can produce offensively. Why couldn't they have kept Daniel Carr and Chris Terry?

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
What a debacle. When do results factor into the job?

MB needs to figure it out and get some veterans for 2-3 years that can produce offensively. Why couldn't they have kept Daniel Carr and Chris Terry?

MB is at the root of the problem. He needs to go, not fix his own mess.

canadiensnation

Jun 11, 2011
GTA
MB is at the root of the problem. He needs to go, not fix his own mess.
I'm scared for some of these guys starting to turn pro...Poehling, Primeau, Brook are here now. They could have Ylonen, Hillis, Harris?, Fairbrother as early as next year. None of these guys are game breakers but are very good prospects and at least 3 of them should break into the NHL within the next 1-3 years.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa

Another ex-Armada player.

Figure that is the main reason he is been given this chance as he was never drafted and has played at McGill the last 4 years including only 10 games this season. Heck I don't know if he has had injury issues for McGill but he has only played over 20 games in his first season with the team.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Figure that is the main reason he is been given this chance as he was never drafted and has played at McGill the last 4 years including only 10 games this season. Heck I don't know if he has had injury issues for McGill but he has only played over 20 games in his first season with the team.

Folin was called back up due to Mete's injury. Olofsson was out sick. Halbert was probably already in Montreal so it might be a 1 game PTO because no one else could get there for game time. And obviously Bouchard likes to give chances to Armada players.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Laval really seems like they've been shitting the bed lately, a shame but it looks like another year where our AHL team fails to make the playoffs

Reactions: DAChampion

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
They are 3 points away from the PO right now. Saturday's game vs the Marlies in Laval is critical though as Toronto has 2 games in hand.

I'd say only Belleville and Rochester are pretty sure bets right now. Utica and Toronto can fall off pretty easily. Hopefully the Rocket catches fire now that 2 of the 4 rotten apples are gone.

Reactions: montreal

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Hey all, so I have 1 ticket to Tms game against the Marlies, right behind the bench. I unfortunately cant go, is anyone else interested? Ticket Is free of course. I'd rather give it to a passionate fan than waste it

Edit. I'll delete this msg as soon as someone claims it.

Last edited:

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
I think they're deep enough at forward, but the injury to McEneny and the Alzner call-up are really concerning. I wouldn't mind Berg picking someone off the wavers of perhaps making a minor deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad