Injury Report: 2019-2020 Injury Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Now that Rosen is gone who's next in line after Barbs? Lindholm?

Yup. Unless they give Timmins more NHL games, they get to choose from the exciting pool of Lindholm, Connauton and Alt. Doubt Renouf or MacDonald get a look. We also have Josh Anderson for another year (!?) after this under contract for whatever reason.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
There's him, Connauton, Timmins... Renouf maybe?

Speaking of Connauton, what a weird trade. Was the best offer Joe really found was Soda for a 3rd + Connauton?

I get that we also acquired Rosen and he got first shot to show what he could do, but surprised that Lindholm got a call up before Connauton. The dude has over 300 NHL games and was a decent bottom pairing defenseman for Arizona. If Sakic didn't value Connauton at all, surely he could've gotten more than just a 3rd + AHL vet for Soda who was coming off a 20 goal, 50 point campaign.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Speaking of Connauton, what a weird trade. Was the best offer Joe really found was Soda for a 3rd + Connauton?

I get that we also acquired Rosen and he got first shot to show what he could do, but surprised that Lindholm got a call up before Connauton. The dude has over 300 NHL games and was a decent bottom pairing defenseman for Arizona. If Sakic didn't value Connauton at all, surely he could've gotten more than just a 3rd + AHL vet for Soda who was coming off a 20 goal, 50 point campaign.

Didn’t Connauton play a game or 2 and completely suck? Could be why he hasn’t been up if I’m remembering right that he played

Reactions: Gargamaul

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Didn’t Connauton play a game or 2 and completely suck? Could be why he hasn’t been up if I’m remembering right that he played

He played one game on November 14th against the Oilers and had 17 minutes TOI. I don't remember anything about the game, but hard to imagine he was that bad if Bednar gave him that much ice time.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
He played one game on November 14th against the Oilers and had 17 minutes TOI. I don't remember anything about the game, but hard to imagine he was that bad if Bednar gave him that much ice time.
That was the game we got blown up in Edmonton, but given that poor Werner started in net for that one it's hard to blame Connauton for the blowout.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012

I think it was more about getting rid of players that disappeared on us in the post season (Soda, Kerfoot, Brass, even Gork and Ghetto) than anything for Joe. The only players we lost that did anything positive in the playoffs last year were Barrie and Nemeth.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I think it was more about getting rid of players that disappeared on us in the post season (Soda, Kerfoot, Brass, even Gork and Ghetto) than anything for Joe. The only players we lost that did anything positive in the playoffs last year were Barrie and Nemeth.
Soda didn't score a goal but he was good in the playoffs. He also set up Mikko for the OT goal in game 4. If you ever go to the Leafs board and peep their GDT the same shit we complained about Kerfoot is being said in there. It totally warms my heart. Those idiots didn't want to believe us about Kerfoot. Thinking hes a Selke caliber player based on his analytics. They want to shoot him to the moon.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Soda didn't score a goal but he was good in the playoffs. He also set up Mikko for the OT goal in game 4. If you ever go to the Leafs board and peep their GDT the same shit we complained about Kerfoot is being said in there. It totally warms my heart. Those idiots didn't want to believe us about Kerfoot. Thinking hes a Selke caliber player based on his analytics. They want to shoot him to the moon.

Hated the Soderberg trade; I think he was anticipated cap casualty but it blew up in our face when we didn't get panarin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad