Injury Report: 2019-2020 Injury Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Carolina is fighting to get into the playoffs, but they are building the basis of a contending team. Aho-Trocheck-Staal is a solid center rotation. Necas should move in there soon. They are set at wings for 2 runs with an easy line towards 4-5. On defense, when healthy they have the top 5 defensemen locked up for 2 runs. Hamilton is likely to re-sign (and be expensive), but if that happens they have that top 5 locked up at a reasonable cost for 4 runs. What they are missing is goaltending and haven't made the appropriate move there yet. The moves they made yesterday and really for the past year or more are about as good of job of securing up the near term while looking at the contending window. I don't think this year is their year, and I think they know that with the strength of the east... but they have done a great job at setting up to be the powerhouse team in the east for the next 4 seasons. I've been hard on Waddell in the past, but that front office has done a great job.
Don't disagree with any of this. I was just saying that their main reason for doing what they did at this TDL was because they need to make the playoffs. We didn't have this issue and obviously the Avs knew yesterday they were getting all main guys back by mid-March as Bednar said today so there were no need to do big moves like the Canes. They only need to "survive" the next 2-3 weeks and with our weak schedule we should be ok.

Matt Roberts

May 26, 2019
Can anyone confirm that Bednar actually said this?

Pardon my skepticism, but at this point if dater is saying black, white is the more likely result.
Bednar reiterated it in his pre game interview. Bura day to day and everyone else should start coming back mid-March.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
I hope we get Kadri, Bura and Calvert back within the next week. I think Rantanen will be back in 2-3 weeks. He’s a bandaid.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
During the game they said he had practiced with the team earlier in the day. So it's probably not that bad. With the Avs you never know, of course.

The biggest fear is that Rantanen’s first injury started as day-to-day and so did Burakovsky.

I can’t remember if Wilson was day-to-day before he passed away, but that injury designation has been pretty sketchy.

But, the fact that he skated is positive. Hopefully they were just being extremely cautious and he’ll be back for the next one.

Reactions: obZen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad