Injury Report: 2019-2020 Injury Thread Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Do they mean this season, or next season?
Pure speculation on my end, but I think they'd delay 4-6 weeks to give the US a chance to turn the curve (probably stated as a 2 week delay to start). Any delay longer than that would push way too far into the summer and the offseason.

The insurance behind the scenes is a real driver here. Many policies have outs when a pandemic is declared... combine that with willfully ignoring local orders, you have an ambulance chasing lawyer just ready to take the case.

giphy.gif

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Gotta wonder how the NHLPA feels about that idea. Can't imagine a ton of players will like the idea of having their summers cut short.

Slurpeelover27

Unleash the MaKaraken!!!
Mar 7, 2018
British Columbia
Gotta wonder how the NHLPA feels about that idea. Can't imagine a ton of players will like the idea of having their summers cut short.
Better than playing in empty stadiums and losing all that revenue which directly impacts their paychecks.

Waiting a few weeks is a great idea if that means business as usual when they come back.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019

Definitely. There’s a lot of factors here. I’m not sure how the NHL and NBA will handle it.

I think LeBron James already came out and said he wouldn’t play games if there were no fans.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
1-2 weeks is both terrible and great news. It's terrible that it's bad enough that he might have to miss like 8ish games but it's also great that a short timeline like that means it can't be anything too serious. I just really wish MacK had gotten 100 points. He can still do it but he just made it quite a bit harder for himself.

On another note: Wow are we a bad team right now haha. Missing our top 2 centers, 2 of our top wingers, our "#1" goalie, several role players...

Last edited:

Babel Salamander

Oct 9, 2017
Injuries are a fact of life in the NHL. Anything that isn't a long term injury if fine. All of the players are supposed to be healthy by the playoffs, that's all that matters. Yes, it could put a dent in the race for the division and the #1 seed in the conference. Higher seeding usually only matters for a game 7 anyway. In recent years having a game 7 at home hasn't always been an advantage. I'd probably default to say it would be for the Avs since they have never won a game 7 on the road, but if there aren't fans in attendance I'm not sure it would matter at all.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
If they end up playing in front of empty crowds, i think you’re going immediately see the cap projection for next year drop.

Reactions: pont

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Better than playing in empty stadiums and losing all that revenue which directly impacts their paychecks.

Waiting a few weeks is a great idea if that means business as usual when they come back.
Definitely. There’s a lot of factors here. I’m not sure how the NHL and NBA will handle it.

I think LeBron James already came out and said he wouldn’t play games if there were no fans.

Yeah I mean we're kinda of treading in uncharted waters. It'll be really interesting to see how it's handled.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
I don't think they will let that happen. I think you'll see the League push the season back before they let everyone play in empty arenas.
I just don’t think pushing it back is a real option. At some point you’ve gotta start worrying about it impacting the start of next season, which they can’t allow/afford.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Man just seeing Mack is out for two weeks. Avs might be lucky to hang onto 2nd in the Division at this point.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Kaut going back down, I wonder who is ready to return?

I will go with Mikko, second guess is Kadri.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad