Injury Report: 2019-2020 Injury Thread Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
1-2 weeks out. Mack 7 points away from the century mark. Who was the guy telling me earlier this year that he would pass 100 points even if he had a minor injury? Safe bet that hes going to be out 2 weeks minimum so throw away that 1 week bullshit.

@Northern Avs Fan we talked about him playing too much and it might result in injury. Our greatest fear has come to pass my friend.

Reactions: Northern Avs Fan

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
If it's the 2 full weeks and he comes back on the Edmonton game, he still has 5 games to get 7 points. That is very doable with a rested MacKinnon and a projected healthy lineup.

I find it stupid how condensed the schedule is in the last 2 months of the season.

Over the Pants Landy

Feb 19, 2013
CT
Thrilled to see 1-2 weeks TBH, the lack of information and news around it was making me nervous.

Sucks to not have him for the divisional push, but playoffs are infinitely more important to have him healthy.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
1-2 weeks out. Mack 7 points away from the century mark. Who was the guy telling me earlier this year that he would pass 100 points even if he had a minor injury? Safe bet that hes going to be out 2 weeks minimum so throw away that 1 week bullshit.

@Northern Avs Fan we talked about him playing too much and it might result in injury. Our greatest fear has come to pass my friend.

It’s unfortunate, but I’m happy they have a definitive timeline.

The division is pretty much lost now, but the upside is the team should have everyone except Wilson back for the playoffs. And all of them should have at least a few games to shake off the rust.

The Avs priority now is to protect home-ice in the first round and hold on to that 2-seed.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Hearing 1-2 weeks is great news imo, after hearing day to day and week to week all season, it’s nice to have a real timeline. Guessing they don’t want to freak fans out this close to playoffs. It’s sucks Mack likely won’t get to 100 points but I’d rather him be healed for playoffs than to keep playing and get 100 points then making the injury worse and have him miss playoffs. The goal is the cup, not personal achievements. I’m sure Mack would agree too.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Hearing 1-2 weeks is great news imo, after hearing day to day and week to week all season, it’s nice to have a real timeline. Guessing they don’t want to freak fans out this close to playoffs. It’s sucks Mack likely won’t get to 100 points but I’d rather him be healed for playoffs than to keep playing and get 100 points then making the injury worse and have him miss playoffs. The goal is the cup, not personal achievements. I’m sure Mack would agree too.
He can still get 100 points assuming the time table for his return is correct, he can still play 6 or so games and only needs 7 points for a 100

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Slurpeelover27

Unleash the MaKaraken!!!
Mar 7, 2018
British Columbia
He can still get 100 points assuming the time table for his return is correct, he can still play 6 or so games and only needs 7 points for a 100
Very doable.

Most important thing is getting everyone healthy and playing well with some games under their belts before the playoffs begin. Doesn't matter that much who they play as they will have to beat the best eventually anyway to go far. Either they are good enough of they ain't. 100 points is nice for Nate, and Calder great for Cale too, but really not stressed over those things.

The only stat that matters now is number of playoff games they going to win!

Reactions: the_fan

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
Punchable.

giphy.gif

Avs91

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2013
Wyoming
I just came here to say...

I love watching people wait for an hour+ for a table at the Rio and go across the street to D’Corazon. Excellent food, cheaper, and faster.

:laugh: but seriously, it better be a week only for Nate because I’m on bye and have to try and make the championship next week.... f***!

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
It’s unfortunate, but I’m happy they have a definitive timeline.

The division is pretty much lost now, but the upside is the team should have everyone except Wilson back for the playoffs. And all of them should have at least a few games to shake off the rust.

The Avs priority now is to protect home-ice in the first round and hold on to that 2-seed.
I wanted us to win the division and Mackinnon to have an easier path to 100. I mean last yr he had 99 points. I consider that a 100 point season.

Reactions: Northern Avs Fan

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I want him back for the game against the habs. I still haven't fully digested that 10-1 shlacking we got a few years back and I won't be happy until we get them back for that. Same thing goes for calgary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->