Injury Report: 2019-2020 Injury Thread Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Kaut going back down, I wonder who is ready to return?

I will go with Mikko, second guess is Kadri.
I'm gonna guess both return. Maybe even Gru as the backup. Cal and Bura seem a few games away yet.

I also think Dong will be out awhile. No way he doesn't have another concussion. Dries will probably be recalled.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
You aren't? I always pictured you tall and built.

giphy.gif

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
They should all be fit and raring to go for the next NHL hockey to happen. The 20-21 season, in October.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Not if the season gets canceled. We were one of the favorites.

Not if the season is lost, which I think it is.

There is so much money on the line here that i'm certain that the season will continue at some point in some form. We have to wait and see how exactly but we'll have a Stanley Cup winner at the end of it. But it could take a while.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
There is so much money on the line here that i'm certain that the season will continue at some point in some form. We have to wait and see how exactly but we'll have a Stanley Cup winner at the end of it. But it could take a while.
I can't see it if it goes beyond June. I think they'd rather have a normal season next year than have 2 mangled seasons in a row.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I already want the league to move to 76 games instead.

Once Seattle arrives, you play every team in the other conference twice (home and away). That's 32 games right there.
Then you play every divisional team 4 times. That's another 28 games for a total of 60. You make up the remaining 16 by playing the other division twice. Pre-season begins in August. Games begin in early September. Playoffs over before June 1st.

As for this season...I think the best course of action is to call the regular season done. Calculate the playoff rankings based on points per game rates and go ahead with a full playoffs beginning ASAP. Don't disrupt draft and free-agency timelines. Really put the screws to GMs since they only trade the week of the deadline day, make them work for a change.

Reactions: Frenchy

Garavar

Nov 27, 2016

Once Seattle arrives, you play every team in the other conference twice (home and away). That's 32 games right there.
Then you play every divisional team 4 times. That's another 28 games for a total of 60. You make up the remaining 16 by playing the other division twice. Pre-season begins in August. Games begin in early September. Playoffs over before June 1st.

As for this season...I think the best course of action is to call the regular season done. Calculate the playoff rankings based on points per game rates and go ahead with a full playoffs beginning ASAP. Don't disrupt draft and free-agency timelines. Really put the screws to GMs since they only trade the week of the deadline day, make them work for a change.

I like this especially if it will remove the uneven number of back to back games some teams play. Right now schedule is unfair as some teams play more back to back games in a season then others.

I don't have time to look it up but I am fairly certain Blues have played less back to back games than Avs. So points per game rank puts Blues ahead today. Take out the back to back games for both teams and I am sure Avs are ahead since we love losing second game.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine

You can't do points per game though, it's simply not fair. There's a 3GP differential for some teams right now. Sure, ppg averages out everything but there are teams that I'm sure would be getting screwed if they aren't allowed to play the same amount of games.

Reactions: Avs91

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
You can't do points per game though, it's simply not fair. There's a 3GP differential for some teams right now. Sure, ppg averages out everything but there are teams that I'm sure would be
getting screwed if they aren't allowed to play the same amount of games.

I understand what you are saying but I think this far into the season points per game is the way to go. Let's say team x has max games already. Team y has them on the schedule for this week. Do they skip that game and have team y play the next team that doesn't have the max games yet? That's going to piss folks off because games skipped may be against tougher/lesser competition. Folks are going to be pissed no matter what...I just think calling it now and ripping the band-aid off is the best way to go about business.

I like this especially if it will remove the uneven number of back to back games some teams play. Right now schedule is unfair as some teams play more back to back games in a season then others.

I don't have time to look it up but I am fairly certain Blues have played less back to back games than Avs. So points per game rank puts Blues ahead today. Take out the back to back games for both teams and I am sure Avs are ahead since we love losing second game.

From my understanding back-to-back games are mostly due to arena commitments not because the NHL wants them. Teams with busier arenas (those that host basketball, lacross, large number of concerts, circuses, etc) will have more back to backs than say a team whose arena is used solely for hockey and the occasional concert.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I understand what you are saying but I think this far into the season points per game is the way to go. Let's say team x has max games already. Team y has them on the schedule for this week. Do they skip that game and have team y play the next team that doesn't have the max games yet? That's going to piss folks off because games skipped may be against tougher/lesser competition. Folks are going to be pissed no matter what...I just think calling it now and ripping the band-aid off is the best way to go about business.

From my understanding back-to-back games are mostly due to arena commitments not because the NHL wants them. Teams with busier arenas (those that host basketball, lacross, large number of concerts, circuses, etc) will have more back to backs than say a team whose arena is used solely for hockey and the occasional concert.

I've never looked into that, but I'd think they would have to give teams a number of them that's pretty close across the board, or there would be some complaints.

On ending the season.. I wonder what the financial impact will be. Are the players still getting paid for these missed games.

I think I'd cut the season, calculate win percentage, and move forward. Its maybe imperfect, but it's a standard enough practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad