Injury Report: 2019-2020 Injury Thread Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
From what I understand:
- Colin Wilson is currently undergoing experimental re-animation using what they believe is the serum from Captain America (not one that is actually going to make him a super soldier, but rather the prop they used in the movie)
- Mikko Rantanen, Nazem Kadri, Andrei Burakovsky, Matt Calvert and Philip Grubauer are all expected back before the playoffs...they didn't mention that it was next years playoffs though
- Cale Makar's UBI is actually crushing disappointment from losing the Calder

I think that covers most of it...

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
To sum up how the last thread ended:

giphy.gif

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Wilson reminds of Tom Hanks in Cast Away when everyone thinks he's dead then he gets rescued and everyone finds out he's alive.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
It's a little warranted lol. Some people realize we're skating on thin ice right now.
I was referring to the "Makar and Rantanen will never be able to be relied on" doomsayer. We have a very slim margin for error with this roster, even against the endless parade of bad teams we'll be facing in the next couple weeks.

Babel Salamander

Oct 9, 2017
On the Avs radio pre-game show, Bednar says he doesn't know if Makar and Burakovsky are day to day or week to week, and that they'll may miss a little bit of time. And he gave this very specific diagnosis of what is ailing them: "they are dealing with body issues".

Reactions: Flanagan

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
On the Avs radio pre-game show, Bednar says he doesn't know if Makar and Burakovsky are day to day or week to week, and that they'll may miss a little bit of time. And he gave this very specific diagnosis of what is ailing them: "they are dealing with body issues".
Maybe they both broke their dicks like Varly used to do all the time.

Reactions: missionAvs

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013

Yikes... This skeleton lineup is starting to catch up to them in my opinion. They're missing soooo much talent right now.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
I had a thought. Maybe the day-to-day BS is not a hockey related rule for the Avs. Maybe it is from the business side, under the theory that if they rule out a player for a specific time, it might lead some fans to not buy tickets to those games if they are wanting to see that player. Like Makar: Rule him out for a month, fans that really want to see Makar wont buy tickets. But if he is listed as D2D, maybe they will take the chance.
Or by extention: Have 6 guys out for a couple weeks, fans may be less inclined to buy tickets to see a reduced roster, but if they are all D2D, then hey, some of them have to be back next week, might as well buy that Family Pack.

Reactions: TheRarestDangles

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
I had a thought. Maybe the day-to-day BS is not a hockey related rule for the Avs. Maybe it is from the business side, under the theory that if they rule out a player for a specific time, it might lead some fans to not buy tickets to those games if they are wanting to see that player. Like Makar: Rule him out for a month, fans that really want to see Makar wont buy tickets. But if he is listed as D2D, maybe they will take the chance.
Or by extention: Have 6 guys out for a couple weeks, fans may be less inclined to buy tickets to see a reduced roster, but if they are all D2D, then hey, some of them have to be back next week, might as well buy that Family Pack.
If they’re doing this, which I doubt, then they’re f***en over the fans. f*** them!

humbury8

Jul 1, 2019
Really curious who they will call up from Eagles. Please no Dries, Tynan or Megna. We already have a passenger on our team in Kamenev.

Reactions: Gargamaul

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Wow that would be an absolutely shitty policy.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Good to know they don’t have personal, mental, existential or religious issues.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Next offseason, every Avs player with the exception of MacKinnon should hit the gym and hit it often. This guys are too fragile. During that stadium series Doughty said to Mikko, you have the skinniest legs in the league LOL, and he might be right. This guys need to put on some muscle and get better conditioned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad