Injury Report: 2019-2020 Injury Thread Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Excellent news. A timeline of 1-2 weeks almost certainly means nothing’s actually damaged. If there’s a realistic chance he can play hockey in 7 days it pretty much means bumps and bruises. My guess is that the Avs will try to stretch it out as long as they can unless it starts to risk preferable playoff placing since it’s essentially just rest for Nate.

Give me a rested Mackinnon for the playoffs all day.

mapletreemarty

Jan 26, 2017
Thunder Bay
Excellent news. A timeline of 1-2 weeks almost certainly means nothing’s actually damaged. If there’s a realistic chance he can play hockey in 7 days it pretty much means bumps and bruises. My guess is that the Avs will try to stretch it out as long as they can unless it starts to risk preferable playoff placing since it’s essentially just rest for Nate.

Give me a rested Mackinnon for the playoffs all day.

Exactly... perfect time for a personal bye week.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

kchan9

Oct 7, 2010
Son of a bitch. Avs are almost always injured before they come to Edmonton. Ugh, I really don't want them to get smoked by the Oilers again in two weeks. But then again, lots can happen between now and then.

humbury8

Jul 1, 2019
1-2 weeks so I guess my first NHL and Avalanche game ever in March 25th against Oilers will be without the best one :(

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Avs cant allow more than 2 goals
Within the next week (and likely earlier) we’ll be in a much better position than we were over the last month when we played great. I’m not concerned. We gain Makar, Rantanen, Burakovsky, Kadri, Calvert and Grubauer while losing Mackinnon who we’ll have very well rested as we approach playoffs.

Today is a positive day for the Avalanche.

Spender

Feb 16, 2013
Växjö
Of course Nate gets injured just when he's in comfortable reach of a 100pt season. Good to hear that rest of the boys are back soon at least.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Been wanting to use that, but had to wait for someone that could jake a toke... I mean, take a joke.

giphy.gif

AegonLeConqueror

Jan 4, 2018
Makar broke out in college when he had the reigns handed to him and didn't have to defer to anyone.

No MacK, no Mikko...the time has come Cake Maker!!!

redandyellowcametobe

Jan 4, 2019
Dodged a bullet with the 1 or 2 weeks. Maybe he won’t hit 100 this season but that’s the way it goes sometimes. It’s not lost he’s one in the best in the game. Hitting 100 points doesn’t change that.

Sounds like he tweaked something and they are being careful. It sounds like we are getting most of the boys back within a two week period.

When the season started and you gave me the option to be second in the west with a 8 point cushion at this point in the season with the potential of heading into the postseason with all of our guys, I would of been silly to say no.

RIP Wilson

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I’m not disappointed in a one to two week timeline on MacKinnon.

He’ll get back in time to be in top-form for the playoffs and hopefully we’ll rested.

The other injury “news” seems good as well. Cale most likely returning soon (tonight?).

And the rest of the guys appear to be getting closer.

Reactions: Spleenless Wonder21

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
1 to 2 weeks isnt bad I guess, but I just have no idea where the offense is gonna come from up front for the Avs. They have no one left who can create stuff. They got couple of guys still who can put the puck in the net like Landeskog, but who's gonna create offense I have no clue

Reactions: McMetal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad