Injury Report: 2019-2020 Injury Report

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Bummer but could be a blessing if he comes back healthy and fresh by the playoffs, think of the Kane situation a few years ago for CHI when they were able to add other players and still stay under the cap for postseason run.

blues hillbilly

Nov 28, 2018
Who would have thought Tarasenko might go down?

That guy Brett Connelly that I mentioned as a UFA signing in July on our trade board might look pretty good about right now. ( 9 points in 10 games.) 5 years at $3.5M per. I thought it might take $4.5M per.

I see a thread on the big trade board "Hall's value to the Note" and what will that cost?

I asked the question back then: who is top 6 material on our team this year if we don't grab Connolly? Well let's hope Thomas is ready now. Blais is already there and Sanford is next in line.

How about one of you guys that thought the Connolly idea was wholefully wrong straighten me out here?

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014

That guy Brett Connelly that I mentioned as a UFA signing in July on our trade board might look pretty good about right now. ( 9 points in 10 games.) 5 years at $3.5M per. I thought it might take $4.5M per.

I see a thread on the big trade board "Hall's value to the Note" and what will that cost?

I asked the question back then: who is top 6 material on our team this year if we don't grab Connolly? Well let's hope Thomas is ready now. Blais is already there and Sanford is next in line.

How about one of you guys that thought the Connolly idea was wholefully wrong straighten me out here?

I don't recall any conversation about Connolly and I don't have much skin in the game one way or another.

With that said, why would Connolly have been interested in coming here? He's a natural RW and had zero chance of making the top 6 as a RW over Tarasenko or Perron. Playing him at 3RW would have required moving Thomas around, so he would have been signing on July 1 with a team who was extremely likely to slide him to his off wing right off the bat.

From the team perspective, who are you moving to fit his contract in (not just this year, but also next year and beyond)? I think Connolly is probably a better top 6 option right now than Thomas/Kyrou/Kostin/etc. But he sure as hell isn't better than any of ROR, Tarasenko, Perron, Schwartz, or Schenn, so you're not moving them to make cap space. I'll absolutely take Sunny and his contract over what it would have taken for Connolly and moving a pricier D man out to clear space would have required bringing another D in as I don't believe our internal options are capable of replacing Petro, Parayko, J-Bo or Faulk (Eddy at the time). So you are having to move Bozak or Allen to make it work. Moving Bozak creates a hole at 3C instead of wing and moving Allen this past summer would have almost certainly meant retaining salary, at which point you aren't clearing up enough space to pay for a quality backup AND bring in Connolly. Moving past this season, Connolly would block Kyrou/Kostin since we already have a bit of a logjam at RW.

So at the time, acquiring Connolly was a move we couldn't afford, at a position that was a resounding organizational strength in hopes that the player would want to accept a competition for a 3rd line role and/or playing his off wing for 4 years. An injury to Tarasenko doesn't change that.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Bummer but could be a blessing if he comes back healthy and fresh by the playoffs, think of the Kane situation a few years ago for CHI when they were able to add other players and still stay under the cap for postseason run.
I don’t think there is any chance of that. Kane had a bone injury (clavicle) that had a very reproducible time frame. The shoulder surgery will injure the muscles in the shoulder as a consequence of getting access to the area they need to stabilize. The rehabs are nowhere close in comparison. I don’t see any way Tarasenko is ready to play at a high level in 5 months. Maybe cleared for contact, but not a difference maker in the playoffs.

STL BLUES

Youth Movement
Oct 22, 2013
Up-Nort
Frankly, five months is very optimistic. They have to shorten the bicep tendon and reattach with a staple. Called the Magnuson Stack procedure. He’ll be able to play but will have an external range of motion issue for the rest of his life. The good news is it will not sublux anymore. But, five months is very optimistic.

Brian39 gives us all some much needed optimism and so does DP57. "We're going to need guys to keep stepping up and obviously it's a great opportunity for young guys that will probably have better looks, better chances," DP57 said of losing Tarasenko. "We're looking forward to see what's going to happen and the guys that will step up in those roles."

blues hillbilly

Nov 28, 2018
Check the first page on 'trades' on our permanent topic board. Connolly just seemed to be a Army signing-value, young and size.

Perron, another guy most of the board had wrong after his signing (easy to review), and Connolly have played both wings. How about that one timer Perron scored to win in overtime last night from that side of the ice. I believe he said previously he likes that side and only scored over 60 from that side last year. Connolly would have given us the big net congestion on the power play that we lost when it was known Maroon was not going to be resigned. At the time, Connolly would have fit under the cap with room for Edmundson and the remaining RFAs. Connolly would take Florida over the Stanley Cup Blues, I just don't see him doing that.

Well, I see that the cost that Blues fans are willing to give for a possible Hall rental is as high as Faulk, Kyrou and 1st. Well we already gave Eddie and Bokk, 2018 1st, if memory serves me.

There's some very questionable weight on this roster and it's just a matter of when Army wants to recognize it on the books. He's wanting the cost to be as cheap as possible as far as timing and when he decides what happens with Petro. I have always thought he lets Petro walk or tries to salvage something. I'm not sure he wouldn't move on Tarasenko for the right price either.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011

Went back to that thread and like 2 people responded to you, no need to act like the whole board was over here protesting against the idea of Connolly.

There was no way the Blues could fit Connolly without moving salary out. The Blues have several young players that they'll want to get a good look at and this is a good opportunity for them.

Reactions: 67Blues

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Check the first page on 'trades' on our permanent topic board. Connolly just seemed to be a Army signing-value, young and size.

Perron, another guy most of the board had wrong after his signing (easy to review), and Connolly have played both wings. How about that one timer Perron scored to win in overtime last night from that side of the ice. I believe he said previously he likes that side and only scored over 60 from that side last year. Connolly would have given us the big net congestion on the power play that we lost when it was known Maroon was not going to be resigned. At the time, Connolly would have fit under the cap with room for Edmundson and the remaining RFAs. Connolly would take Florida over the Stanley Cup Blues, I just don't see him doing that.

Well, I see that the cost that Blues fans are willing to give for a possible Hall rental is as high as Faulk, Kyrou and 1st. Well we already gave Eddie and Bokk, 2018 1st, if memory serves me.

There's some very questionable weight on this roster and it's just a matter of when Army wants to recognize it on the books. He's wanting the cost to be as cheap as possible as far as timing and when he decides what happens with Petro. I have always thought he lets Petro walk or tries to salvage something. I'm not sure he wouldn't move on Tarasenko for the right price either.
Haven't seen a single Blues fan offer Faulk, Kyrou + 1st for Hall.

Are you insinuating that Pietrangelo and Tarasenko are questionable weight? Yeah let's dump those guys so we can fit Connolly in.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
At the time, Connolly would have fit under the cap with room for Edmundson and the remaining RFAs. Connolly would take Florida over the Stanley Cup Blues, I just don't see him doing that.

Who cares if we could have fit him under the cap 'at the time' if we then can't field a roster. You don't go into a season with 6 D. There was no chance whatsoever that we were going to roll Bo, Dunn and Gunnar as our only 3 LD without bringing in another D to supplement Petro, Parayko and Bortzo on the right side. We were never going to just not sign Sanford, Fabbri, Sunny and Barby. And yes, believe it or not players go to lesser teams where they have opportunity to play larger roles all the time.

Count me down as a hard pass on Faulk, Kyrou and a 1st for Hall. Anyone advocating for that is living in EA fantasy land. Anyone wanting to do that would want to do that ight now regardless of whether Connolly was on the roster. He has had a great start to his season, but he also has a career high of 46 points. People willing to sell the farm for Hall aren't going to be suddenly unwilling to do so because we have an additional quality middle 6er.

blues hillbilly

Nov 28, 2018
Haven't seen a single Blues fan offer Faulk, Kyrou + 1st for Hall.

Are you insinuating that Pietrangelo and Tarasenko are questionable weight? Yeah let's dump those guys so we can fit Connolly in.

Again, check the trade threads on the league board. Might surprise you.

I never implied or said that either are contracts to just dump. didn't mention either as a dump in order to sign Connolly back in June.

If you want to quote me at least be accurate.

blues hillbilly

Nov 28, 2018
Who cares if we could have fit him under the cap 'at the time' if we then can't field a roster. You don't go into a season with 6 D. There was no chance whatsoever that we were going to roll Bo, Dunn and Gunnar as our only 3 LD without bringing in another D to supplement Petro, Parayko and Bortzo on the right side. We were never going to just not sign Sanford, Fabbri, Sunny and Barby. And yes, believe it or not players go to lesser teams where they have opportunity to play larger roles all the time.

Count me down as a hard pass on Faulk, Kyrou and a 1st for Hall. Anyone advocating for that is living in EA fantasy land. Anyone wanting to do that would want to do that ight now regardless of whether Connolly was on the roster. He has had a great start to his season, but he also has a career high of 46 points. People willing to sell the farm for Hall aren't going to be suddenly unwilling to do so because we have an additional quality middle 6er.

Again look at the trade proposals by Blues fans on the league board.

Like last time I step aside and believe what you want.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
NJ wouldn't target Faulk, they want a LD, and I suspect they will want Dunn along with a pick and a middling prospect. I can't see the interest in Hall as a rental for that price as there is no way you can fit him in our structure looking at the contracts we have coming up in the next few years.

Reactions: mk80

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
For guys like Kostin, Kyrou, and even Nathan Walker who had a good preseason and could be a call up this a huge opportunity. I'd be fine with the already mentioned UFAs later to rent for the postseason, and who knows how the season plays out and who else would become available.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Time för Thomas. I wish Kyrou and Kostin will get call-up and show what they have.

blues hillbilly

Nov 28, 2018
NJ wouldn't target Faulk, they want a LD, and I suspect they will want Dunn along with a pick and a middling prospect. I can't see the interest in Hall as a rental for that price as there is no way you can fit him in our structure looking at the contracts we have coming up in the next few years.
Well, you are probably right, the latest Dunn proposal from FL fans is Dunn plus 1st.

Always hate seeing our young guys mentioned on the league wide trade proposal board.

Before it's all said and done we'll see most every Blue name mentioned in trade.

Reactions: 67Blues

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
Will be interesting to see if Tarasenko will be ready for the playoffs. He will be re-evaluated at the end of March, and playoffs normally start second week of April. The first round ends around the 3rd week of April, so even if we misses the first round, he might still be back for the second round, and I think the Blues can get past the first round without him.

REZERO

Mar 19, 2019
At this point lets bring up Kostin or Kyrou and give them some extended time. We can see how the next 2 months go and adjust. If we stumble we can either make a trade for another scorer, or dump some pending contracts off the books and prepare for the future.

jimmythemick

Dec 13, 2018
STL
I was about to say, "Doug Armstrong doesn't have a magic wand guys.." but then I remembered that he was a sorcerer.

Allen, Steen and our 2020 8th rounder for Hall incoming.

Obviously I know this is a joke, but NJ needs a goalie and Hall has said he won't resign there if they don't make changes to be a cup contender. Its still early, but judging by the start they have had he won't be resigning. I made the point on the main trade board about getting something for him rather then nothing in July. Allen could very well give them a better chance at keeping the puck out of the net.

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
Tarasenko is essentially done for the year, now there's there's the typical luck I'm used to the Blues having lol. I hope one of our young forwards can flourish in a scoring role, I don't care which one it is. Man I feel bad for Vladdy that has to be a colossal bummer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad