Injury Report: 2019-2020 Injury Report

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Vladdy looks like a 35g at this stage of his career. If we replace him with a 25g who plays great 2-way, we won’t be in that bad of shape. Our game is tight D, good goaltending, and great 2 way play by our forwards.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Sounds like Walker has earned the call up.
Kostin was easily superior at pre-season games compare to Walker in NHL level. Feels like someones are performing much higher level at NHL level than AHL. More skilled teammates or usage, idk, but I rather see Kostin up than Walker.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Kostin was easily superior at pre-season games compare to Walker in NHL level. Feels like someones are performing much higher level at NHL level than AHL. More skilled teammates or usage, idk, but I rather see Kostin up than Walker.

Guarantee Walker will give you a more complete game that's easier to integrate than Kostin at this point. Klim will get his chance, it doesn't have to be right now.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Some serious over-valuing of Taylor Hall going on here. Some are even suggesting his addition automatically makes us SC contenders. I don't see any justification for this assumption. He has played a total of five playoff games.

Are you suggesting that we weren't already SC contenders?

He had 6 points in the 5 playoff games he played and he has spent his career on teams with just miserable supporting casts. In the 5 game series you refer to, there were exactly 3 Devils players with more than 2 points and they went down 0-2 in the series when their goalie posted an .804 SV% over the first 2 games. That team made the playoffs almost exclusively because of Taylor Hall. He had 93 points and the next highest scorer on the team had 52. That's lunacy.

I love Tarasenko, but there is almost no compelling data to indicate that he is a better player than Hall. He's a better goal scorer and that's it.

If we were contenders with Tarasenko on the roster, we would be contenders with Hall on the roster.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Are you suggesting that we weren't already SC contenders?

He had 6 points in the 5 playoff games he played and he has spent his career on teams with just miserable supporting casts. In the 5 game series you refer to, there were exactly 3 Devils players with more than 2 points and they went down 0-2 in the series when their goalie posted an .804 SV% over the first 2 games. That team made the playoffs almost exclusively because of Taylor Hall. He had 93 points and the next highest scorer on the team had 52. That's lunacy.

I love Tarasenko, but there is almost no compelling data to indicate that he is a better player than Hall. He's a better goal scorer and that's it.

If we were contenders with Tarasenko on the roster, we would be contenders with Hall on the roster.
I agree with this. Tarasenko is only a good all-around player in those 10-15% of games when he is very highly motivated. He doesn't play at that level in all playoff games (probably only about 1/3 of them). If The Blues were to get Hall in a trade, they would be at pretty close to the level they'd have been with Tarasenko. In addition to that, if Kyrou or Kostin (whichever WOULDN'T leave in the Hall trade) would get lots of experience during the next few months, The Blues would be at least as as good as before the injury.

Reactions: mk80

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
Not exactly a ringing endorsement of Binner’s play coming from DA. Aside from the Detroit game, I think he’s been better than just “Ok”.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Not exactly a ringing endorsement of Binner’s play coming from DA. Aside from the Detroit game, I think he’s been better than just “Ok”.
He has been up and down. Nowhere near as good as last year. Not shocking that he has regressed but he has given up more softies than would like. Numbers are not great. just bc he is significantly better than Allen doesn’t mean we should be thrilled with his play this season. I think ok is fair assessment.

Reactions: Blues0307
Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
He's definitely not been as good as last year, but he doesn't have to be. He has given us exactly what we need him to, which is not to lose games on his own.

Either way he gets some slack from me after last season.

Nederlander

Apr 19, 2017
Colorado
He's definitely not been as good as last year, but he doesn't have to be. He has given us exactly what we need him to, which is not to lose games on his own.

I also think the defensive play has not been near as good either. I think Binny will get dialed in more as the season progresses. His positioning looks solid.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I wouldn’t want to play for an organization that ignored production in live games. Walker is one point off the league lead in the AHL (as Armstrong cited). If Kostin was doing that, he’s have earned the call up. But Kostin’s scored just one goal. Walker has earned the chance.

Maybe Kostin becomes the better player over his career, but he’s not there yet.

Reactions: TK 421

ItsOnlytheRiver

Mar 25, 2010
I would have to think that Tarasenko will be ready by the stanley cup finals at the latest. Then, the big question is, can we get out of the western conference without him? I think we're still better than Nashville seeing as how they still don't have a real game breaking forward at the moment either. Colorado doesn't have the depth or defense to really compete. Winnipeg lost their defense. Vegas is a good team and probably our best competition, but even their defensemen are still questionable.
Good point. Should be a cake walk, just like last year.

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
Good point. Should be a cake walk, just like last year.
I dont think it should be a cakewalk, but if you closely at lines and D pairings of other teams in the West using dailyfaceoff.com, you can see significant holes in other team's lineups so it's not like there's another team in the West that has clearly surpassed the Blues despite losing Tarasenko. In other words, the Blues are still competitive in the western conference playoffs without Tarasenko. That won't be the case in the stanley cup finals if Tarasenko doesn't return by that point.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
I dont think it should be a cakewalk, but if you closely at lines and D pairings of other teams in the West using dailyfaceoff.com, you can see significant holes in other team's lineups so it's not like there's another team in the West that has clearly surpassed the Blues despite losing Tarasenko. In other words, the Blues are still competitive in the western conference playoffs without Tarasenko. That won't be the case in the stanley cup finals if Tarasenko doesn't return by that point.
Screw that!

I want the Blues to win 16 games in a row with zero goals against.

ItsOnlytheRiver

Mar 25, 2010
The Blues are not head and shoulders above anyone else. They weren’t last year and they aren’t this year. Without our best scoring threat it is going to be that much more difficult to win low scoring games by 1 goal which is how we pulled it off last year.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
The Blues are not head and shoulders above anyone else. They weren’t last year and they aren’t this year. Without our best scoring threat it is going to be that much more difficult to win low scoring games by 1 goal which is how we pulled it off last year.
yep. Without Tarasenko, i don't see this team making the Final, unless Hall is brought in. With both Hall and Tarasenko for the playoffs, I think the Blues are Cup favorites, ahead of Tampa/Boston/Washington

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Agreed. Winnipeg series was close, especially if Schwartz doesn’t win that game in the final seconds. Dallas was up 3-2 and then game 7 double OT. The only comfortable series was San Jose.

with or without Tarasenko or Hall, the Blues would need tenacity and the right breaks going their way to make it to the Final again. There were teams just as good as St Louis that didn’t get that last year. The Blues are good enough to repeat, but there is no one player that makes them favorites.

I think Vegas is going to be hard, and I am relieved we missed them last year. Even if you win, you’re decimated for the next round. Nashville will be a tough out.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014

I'm happier with Binny than saying he has been 'just OK.'

With that said, Army has always been a guy who doesn't get too high or too low in his public assessment of his own players and saying that Binny simply is 'not losing games on his own' isn't much different of an assessment than saying he's been OK. I don't get the impression from Army's statement that the organization is unhappy with Binny.

Reactions: DoubleK81
Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
With that said, Army has always been a guy who doesn't get too high or too low in his public assessment of his own players and saying that Binny simply is 'not losing games on his own' isn't much different of an assessment than saying he's been OK. I don't get the impression from Army's statement that the organization is unhappy with Binny.
Nor do I. I don’t mean to give the impression I think he’s been bad at all. He’s been solid, just not quite up to last years standard in my opinion.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Some serious over-valuing of Taylor Hall going on here. Some are even suggesting his addition automatically makes us SC contenders. I don't see any justification for this assumption. He has played a total of five playoff games.

Taylor Hall has a Hart Trophy. He would instantly be our best forward.

Reactions: Stealth JD

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
You must have completely slept through June. Wow.

Reactions: Thallis

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019

yep. Without Tarasenko, i don't see this team making the Final, unless Hall is brought in. With both Hall and Tarasenko for the playoffs, I think the Blues are Cup favorites, ahead of Tampa/Boston/Washington

I never said the Blues were head and shoulders above everyone. I'm just asking you now, which teams in the west are better than the blues without Tarasenko? And before you answer that, take a real good look at that team first.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad