Prospect Info: 2019-2020 In The System: Springfield Thunderbirds, CHL, NCAA, Europe, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Good news, just have to get Hutsko signed.
Sounds like Hutsko is staying in college...

We still have time with him until next summer, though there's not much left for him to prove in college - unless he's determined to finish his degree? How long does that take in the US, three or four years?

Still need to sign Finkelstein and Bachman if we want to keep either of them; with everybody else we have time (though I expect us to sign at least some of the group of Ludvig, Schwindt, Meireles and Wedman).

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Sounds like Hutsko is staying in college...

We still have time with him until next summer, though there's not much left for him to prove in college - unless he's determined to finish his degree? How long does that take in the US, three or four years?

Still need to sign Finkelstein and Bachman if we want to keep either of them; with everybody else we have time (though I expect us to sign at least some of the group of Ludvig, Schwindt, Meireles and Wedman).

Yeah it takes 4 years in u.s. Stupid decision for him imo, if he gets hurt he's screwed. I mean he'll have a degree, but I'd rather sign an nhl contract and bank 2 million right away and be healthy.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Yeah it takes 4 years in u.s. Stupid decision for him imo, if he gets hurt he's screwed. I mean he'll have a degree, but I'd rather sign an nhl contract and bank 2 million right away and be healthy.

And especially with his injury track record in his career. What I want to see this year was a full season of being healthy and what he can do. He proved his worth. Surprise as well he didn't cash in on it. But maybe he's betting on himself that he hasn't done it twice in a row in a while, who knows?

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
His injury history is the probably the main reason he is staying to complete his degree, oh and the high chance they have a championship team next year with Spencer Knight between the pipes.

Yeah...sounds like they want to stay together to make a championship run. I don't blame him at all and he's likely not ready yet anyway.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
When is Denisenko eligible to sign? I've seen April 30th mentioned a few times on Twitter for when KHL contracts expire...is that true? Is he signed through next year or is his contract done?

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
When is Denisenko eligible to sign? I've seen April 30th mentioned a few times on Twitter for when KHL contracts expire...is that true? Is he signed through next year or is his contract done?

Pretty sure his contract is done this year but I remember Soupy saying they kind of hold his rights until May or June iirc?
It'd be good to bring him over getting more minutes per game in AHL.

Think LGC was saying he averages like 9-10mins a game which is stunting his development imo.

Reactions: MintyFresh88

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Pretty sure his contract is done this year but I remember Soupy saying they kind of hold his rights until May or June iirc?
It'd be good to bring him over getting more minutes per game in AHL.

Think LGC was saying he averages like 9-10mins a game which is stunting his development imo.

I would think it would be longer than this? They just drafted him in 2018. It's barely been 2 seasons.

Edit: Just did some quick research and I may be wrong, but I think we hold his rights until June 2022.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Lokomotiv would have to OK that though, his KHL contract doesn't end until like halfway through May.

Sure, but if they're eliminated, I don't see a reason why they wouldn't...

This doesn't really apply to Denisenko since he's a top prospect and probably coming over anyway, but KHL teams have done it in the past (not releasing players after their season is done) to give them more negatiation time, if the player is still on the fence or/and not a sure bet to make the NHL.

I would think it would be longer than this? They just drafted him in 2018. It's barely been 2 seasons.

Edit: Just did some quick research and I may be wrong, but I think we hold his rights until June 2022.

Should have worded it better, meant KHL own Dennys rights not FLA.
I'm just going off what Soupy said above. But yes you're right, FLA own his rights for a while but almost certain I saw a tweet saying Dennys conteact with KHL is over this year.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Would've rather Deni stayed in Russia but they wanted to give him anywhere from 8 minutes to a 2 game bench to 17 minutes a game and that's just stupid.

Bure1096

Mar 6, 2007
Florida
Weegar has made a few glaring mistakes this season that rival what Yandle and Matheson usually do. Haven't been impressed with him this season and if he asks for a substantial raise, he can find it elsewhere.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Weegar has made a few glaring mistakes this season that rival what Yandle and Matheson usually do. Haven't been impressed with him this season and if he asks for a substantial raise, he can find it elsewhere.
Weegs has had his egg scrambled a couple times this year. He is the least of our issues on the backend.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Strange situation.
Indeed.

Charlotte is closer, at least something positive (if there's a straight flight)? Assuming that's where the AHL team would be, don't really see anything worthhy on ECHL's side. Charlotte took that road to the AHL too.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
This is great news! As a Thrashers fan back in the day, the Wolves were terrible at developing prospects as the owners want to win. I'd be enthusiastic if we are pared with Charlotte (who seems to develop well) and not them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad