Prospect Info: 2019-2020 In The System: Springfield Thunderbirds, CHL, NCAA, Europe, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Periodically I’ll be doing some prospect updates from my personal account, @brett_0, on Twitter, if anyone is interested. It won’t necessarily be regular/daily/game-by-game stuff because I don’t want to commit fully to it because life and time (and laziness :laugh:), but every now and then I’ll post thoughts and maybe some gifs and stats.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Periodically I’ll be doing some prospect updates from my personal account, @brett_0, on Twitter, if anyone is interested. It won’t necessarily be regular/daily/game-by-game stuff because I don’t want to commit fully to it because life and time (and laziness :laugh:), but every now and then I’ll post thoughts and maybe some gifs and stats.

Good to have you back, even if it's here and there.
Keep an eye on Noel for me. How can you miss him anyhow?
Hoping one more junior year and then he may have a shot at 3rd/4th line duties come 2020-2021.
He can do it all, just maybe not at an elite level.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Utica Comets fan here. My post is off topic for what you are doing currently with the Springfield site, but the Comets just signed a former player of yours in Carter Camper. He put up great numbers for you in his short stretch there, 20/19GP. My question is, "Did he put up those points on the wing or as a center. It appears our braintrust has signed him to play center. Want to clarify that issue. If his points came from the middle it would back up their move.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Utica Comets fan here. My post is off topic for what you are doing currently with the Springfield site, but the Comets just signed a former player of yours in Carter Camper. He put up great numbers for you in his short stretch there, 20/19GP. My question is, "Did he put up those points on the wing or as a center. It appears our braintrust has signed him to play center. Want to clarify that issue. If his points came from the middle it would back up their move.
We Panthers fans wouldn't know of him. He played for Springfield before they were affiliated with Florida.

-ghoste

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
But don't you have Springfield fans who were on board when he was there?
Honestly, I don't think we do. I think we have one season ticket guy come through here once in a while that maybe has been a fan from back then. The rest of us just post highlights and stuff throughout the season.

-ghoste

BrankoRadivojevic

May 9, 2012
Massachusetts
I’ve been a Springfield season ticket holder since ‘12, and I can tell you there wasn’t really anything about Camper that wowed me. He’s a decent playmaker, but he’s not much of scorer, not really physical. Just a good playmaker and sound positionally, for the most part. That was awhile ago, though, and I imagine there are parts to his game that have changed.

BrankoRadivojevic

May 9, 2012
Massachusetts
Honestly, I don't think we do. I think we have one season ticket guy come through here once in a while that maybe has been a fan from back then. The rest of us just post highlights and stuff throughout the season.

-ghoste
I’m from Springfield and come to this board to check out who might be coming to the T-Birds. It’s helped me figure out guys who might be coming in.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
I’ve been a Springfield season ticket holder since ‘12, and I can tell you there wasn’t really anything about Camper that wowed me. He’s a decent playmaker, but he’s not much of scorer, not really physical. Just a good playmaker and sound positionally, for the most part. That was awhile ago, though, and I imagine there are parts to his game that have changed.

Thank you. He did put up 20 pts in 19 games with you. If he can put up points at that clip he will be more than welcome to a goal starved Comets team heavily due to the fact that Vancouver management had refused to sign play making centers to work with with their 9 prospect wings. Really dumb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This would have been 5 years with only one decent center every year and the Vancouver fan base blames Comets coaching for not developing their kids as scorers. Go Figure.
So far this season it looks like a change is finally in order, Camper joins Tyler Graovac in the middle and the Cancucks are likely to send down a couple more guys who can play center.

For the 2017-18 season you got Alex Grenier (finished 1,2, or 3 in scoring for the Comets for 5 seasons and Curtis Valk (Comets highest scoring center and #2 in scoring in 2016-17). They did pretty well for you that year.

I don't see anyone left off last season's roater that hasn't already signed somewhere with the exception of Darren Archibald. He was traded to Ottawa a third of the way in and split time with Ottawa and Belleville. Big banging LW that scores and keeps thing under control when he's on the ice. He would help any AHL franchise. Kinda hoping he decides to come back home to Utica where he was a part of the Comets from their inceptio in 2013-14.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I’m from Springfield and come to this board to check out who might be coming to the T-Birds. It’s helped me figure out guys who might be coming in.
Come around more often please then. You've had an account this whole time and you've only a hundred posts?? Shame on you. You have some making up to do. Especially since you can explain why the stats are how they are!

BrankoRadivojevic

May 9, 2012
Massachusetts
Come around more often please then. You've had an account this whole time and you've only a hundred posts?? Shame on you. You have some making up to do. Especially since you can explain why the stats are how they are!
Yeah, you’re probably right lol. I’m looking forward to this season. I’m interested in seeing Heponiemi and Tippett this year, even if you guys want to see them up with the panthers. I also like their depth at center this year way more than last year. Although their D is still giving me fits. I want them just to sign somebody to give some peace of mind.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Chime in anytime. Most of us are scattered throughout Florida, the US and Canada, and really... all over the globe. Some thoughts on our guys from a local in Springfield would always be welcomed. Panthers fan or not...

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Tbirds85

Jul 17, 2019
Not a fan I take it?
Dont get to watch a lot of SPR games.
Feel free to drop in and give us some player reviews through the year if ya have time.
Hoping we can have both SPR and FLA in the playoffs this year. :crossfing

I feel like he spreads his forward lines out too thin, where he tries to make 4 decent scoring lines. But it turns out to be 4 meh lines instead. I feel like two good scoring lines and two defensive energy checking lines works better. That's how most teams align their forwards in both the NHL and AHL. The talented guys here struggle because they don't get to play on lines with other talented players.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I feel like he spreads his forward lines out too thin, where he tries to make 4 decent scoring lines. But it turns out to be 4 meh lines instead. I feel like two good scoring lines and two defensive energy checking lines works better. That's how most teams align their forwards in both the NHL and AHL. The talented guys here struggle because they don't get to play on lines with other talented players.

May be his last year if they dont make the big dance?
The PP should be pretty good this year.
Greco, Heponiemi and possibly Tippett on a PP line together?

Lots of new faces there this year though, hoping they can gel quickly and get off to the same start they had last year but sustain it for the full 76 games and beyond.

BrankoRadivojevic

May 9, 2012
Massachusetts
Totally agree with this. There were huge chunks last year where Kinnear put Greco with Lammiko and Ryan Horvat, two guys better suited to a bottom six role. And Greco still put up 30 goals. Imagine what he would have done with a playmaker like borgstrom or J.S. Dea.

Reactions: Tbirds85

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
The minor team philosophy under Tallon has been to emulate what the NHL team is striving for so both systems can be aligned for seamless transitions. Coach Q may have a big impact on the T-Birds next season purely through trickle down effect.

Reactions: Mase
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad