Prospect Info: 2019-2020 In The System: Springfield Thunderbirds, CHL, NCAA, Europe, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Again, ignore my major bias here, but I still think we should have picked Mason in the 2019 entry draft. Pretty good for a 4th round pick.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Elite Prospects confirms that Vlad Kolyachonok is going to play next year in the KHL for Dinamo Minsk.

Good choice as he'll be playing hockey instead of doing nothing.

Reactions: Cold Cat

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Elite Prospects confirms that Vlad Kolyachonok is going to play next year in the KHL for Dinamo Minsk.

I like this a lot for him. One of the instances where our prospect going the the khl is beneficial.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

How good is Dinamo Minsk defense?
Will he actually get a shot on the bottom pairing or riding the bench a lot? Just hope he's getting minutes and experience is all.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
How good is Dinamo Minsk defense?
Will he actually get a shot on the bottom pairing or riding the bench a lot? Just hope he's getting minutes and experience is all.
The whole D is mostly young. A 26 year old, a 30 year old and a bunch of 20 and 19 year olds. Also, one 21 year old who is the only other drafted prospected (5th RD NAS).

Seems like he could be playing top 4, but I wouldn't be shocked if they add another vet or 2.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
The whole D is mostly young. A 26 year old, a 30 year old and a bunch of 20 and 19 year olds. Also, one 21 year old who is the only other drafted prospected (5th RD NAS).

Seems like he could be playing top 4, but I wouldn't be shocked if they add another vet or 2.

Looks like he has a chance at camp to make an impression and earn a decent role. Koly has that solid 2 way game and his goal scoring/offense is starting to develop which may help his chances. Will have to keep an eye on him over there.

Wasn't a big fan of Denisenko playing in KHL and getting bumped around the leagues but at least he got some pro experience.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011

Him being from there probably helps to stick around, but the team isn't exactly good for development. Minsk has a constant revolving door of coaches and players, which in itself isn't that uncommon in the KHL, but Minsk is towards the worst end of the scale (some would argue the worst).

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
So I guess any sort of training camp isn't happening this year?
That sucks - it was always nice to get a closer look at our prospects... :( Stupid virus.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Heponiemi is loaned to modo hockey in allsvenskan (2nd highest swedish division)

So I think this is so he gets game-time before training camp?

Otherwise, we lost all of our finn draft picks who were part of our future: Hepo, Juho, and Borg in essentially a year. #AtLeastWeHaveEetu?

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Actually, I google translated this post by the team: Aleksi Heponiemi till MODO Hockey

• Hepo will be in training camp in November...They'll make a decision then where he plays.(I hope not the Swedish second league...)
  • Article mentions some uncertainty if AHL will have a season next year. (Reasonable...)
The big quote is:
I had a tough first season in the AHL where I needed time to develop for that type of game. Now the situation is as it is in the whole world where no one really knows what will happen. I am ready for MODO Hockey, but if there is a camp and a season in the AHL, we will see when the time comes, comments Heponiemi who is now getting ready to travel to Örnsköldsvik and join the team in the coming week

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Actually, I google translated this post by the team: Aleksi Heponiemi till MODO Hockey

• Hepo will be in training camp in November...They'll make a decision then where he plays.(I hope not the Swedish second league...)
  • Article mentions some uncertainty if AHL will have a season next year. (Reasonable...)
The big quote is:
Allsvenskan is actually a pretty good league, their top teams could challenge most Liiga teams. Modo was in 2nd place before the season got cancelled.

Petterson played there his draft year, (Filip) Forsberg continued the season after his draft before making the jum to NA. It's a quality league.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Allsvenskan is actually a pretty good league, their top teams could challenge most Liiga teams. Modo was in 2nd place before the season got cancelled.

Petterson played there his draft year, (Filip) Forsberg continued the season after his draft before making the jum to NA. It's a quality league.
Sure, it's a good league, but I'd still prefer to see him in a top league (SHL, KHL) or the AHL next year for development. Maybe it would be good for confidence, but I'm not sure...

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Him being from there probably helps to stick around, but the team isn't exactly good for development. Minsk has a constant revolving door of coaches and players, which in itself isn't that uncommon in the KHL, but Minsk is towards the worst end of the scale (some would argue the worst).

Dynamo Minsk has a good Hockey History as a Club, one of the more older Teams in the League, but not more the shine from the 90´s, where the Team was a Name or itself.

But for the other Point. Defensman doeasnt get pushed around, as young speedy Defensman. I saw a young german Talent playing DEL 2 Hockey. He was so light and fast, but a single Hit from a normal Player looks like a Trainwreck. I think that was also Denisenkos Problem in russia, those kids must find a good balance of speed and building up your Body. Maybe you loose a bit of your speed but you can play longer.

That was also a discussion Point in the Tampa game during Intermission. Grit vs. Speed as checks cost you stamina, special in Games like today Double Overtime.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Dynamo Minsk has a good Hockey History as a Club, one of the more older Teams in the League, but not more the shine from the 90´s, where the Team was a Name or itself.

But for the other Point. Defensman doeasnt get pushed around, as young speedy Defensman. I saw a young german Talent playing DEL 2 Hockey. He was so light and fast, but a single Hit from a normal Player looks like a Trainwreck. I think that was also Denisenkos Problem in russia, those kids must find a good balance of speed and building up your Body. Maybe you loose a bit of your speed but you can play longer.

That was also a discussion Point in the Tampa game during Intermission. Grit vs. Speed as checks cost you stamina, special in Games like today Double Overtime.

Just commenting to say I continue to be impressed by your improvement with written English.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad