Prospect Info: 2019-2020 In The System: Springfield Thunderbirds, CHL, NCAA, Europe, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
From dobberprospects report of the U20 tourney:
"Grigori Denisenko, W, Florida Panthers – Denisenko was wearing the ‘C’ in this tournament, an honor he’s had in the past as well. He played on the top line and was responsible for running the top power play unit. He was also a regular on the penalty kill. Denisenko was expected to lead this team, and he rose up to the challenge. I thought he was the best forward on the team, and he was constantly dangerous in all situations. He showed his excellent creativity in addition to his other skills. His effort level was excellent and he was always trying to steal the puck from the opposing team. He scored two goals – one of them on the penalty kill, and the other one was this great wrister."

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Serron Noel with a hattrick and an assist tonight in a 4-2 win :) Not on ice for any goals against either. 1st star of the game for obvious reasons :D
See, this is what I meant when I said I wanted destruction. I think I also said something about making "enemy teams" cry? I want more. Gimme :D

Goals:

Excited to see him play tonight vs Team Russia. I figure I will be seeing Noel's A game!

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Excited to see him play tonight vs Team Russia. I figure I will be seeing Noel's A game!

And did I ever see his A-game!

Noel is a beast out there. He was the biggest, most physical player on the ice IMO. The goal he scored was a wicked wrister top corner. Also the second goal by team OHL wasn't his, but he was all over the place and in front of the net on that one. I seen him even throw one nice body check; he hit a guy on the side boards, the Russian seem to have disappeared , then when Noel skates away the guy is lying on the ice.

If I had to nitpick about his game I would say his skating isn't the strongest point, but a guy his size is going to seem awkward when he's skating . He definitely was able to get from point A to point B.

Can't wait to see him in the Pro's soon. What a player!

Last edited:

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
SPR wins 2-1 today and sits 2nd place in the Atlantic at 10-6-0. Both the clubs rocking a top 3 spot now. Hope it feeds off one another all year long

Tippett scores his 7th of the year from white hot Heponiemi who gets his 6th helper (5th in last 5 games, although still no goals) to go up 1-0

Tippett (3rd star) now scoring by shooting it off defenders sticks. Hepo with some sauce to get it to Owen.

Cross scores his 2nd of the year, the eventual game winner from Schemitsch (3) and Toninato (3)

Driedger (1st star) takes the win (6-5-0, 1.82 GAA, .945 SV%) stopping 41/42.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
SPR wins 2-1 today and sits 2nd place in the Atlantic at 10-6-0. Both the clubs rocking a top 3 spot now. Hope it feeds off one another all year long

Tippett
scores his 7th of the year from white hot Heponiemi who gets his 6th helper (5th in last 5 games, although still no goals) to go up 1-0

Tippett (3rd star) now scoring by shooting it off defenders sticks. Hepo with some sauce to get it to Owen.

Cross scores his 2nd of the year, the eventual game winner from Schemitsch (3) and Toninato (3)

Driedger (1st star) takes the win (6-5-0, 1.82 GAA, .945 SV%) stopping 41/42.
Hepo isn't scoring because he's not shooting - at all. It's great to finally see him putting up assists but he also has a pretty decent shot and so far he's not using it. Hopefully he gets there eventually.

Nice to see Tippett having a good start of the year. We need to replace at least one of Dadonov/Hoffman internally and at this point he's the obvious candidate. Ideally he becomes a top 6 fixture for years to come. Fingers crossed.

Borgstrom with 4+1 in 9 AHL games is not exactly bad, but it definitely could be better. The goalscoring is fine but the unexpected lack of assists hurts his totals. He had 17 in 22 AHL games last year and we know he can be a decent playmaker so it's a bit baffling.

So. Driedger. I'm happy we have him in Springfield, don't get me wrong...Could he be more than an AHL goalie? He's been facing a lot of shots game after game and still keeping the team in it (he's been one of the three stars in multiple games this year; definitely more than any other SPR player). He's 25 so not that old yet... With Bob and Montembeault, it seems all he'll get with us is the n.3 spot. We have him signed for next season as well.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Hepo isn't scoring because he's not shooting - at all. It's great to finally see him putting up assists but he also has a pretty decent shot and so far he's not using it. Hopefully he gets there eventually.

Nice to see Tippett having a good start of the year. We need to replace at least one of Dadonov/Hoffman internally and at this point he's the obvious candidate. Ideally he becomes a top 6 fixture for years to come. Fingers crossed.

Borgstrom with 4+1 in 9 AHL games is not exactly bad, but it definitely could be better. The goalscoring is fine but the unexpected lack of assists hurts his totals. He had 17 in 22 AHL games last year and we know he can be a decent playmaker so it's a bit baffling.

So. Driedger. I'm happy we have him in Springfield, don't get me wrong...Could he be more than an AHL goalie? He's been facing a lot of shots game after game and still keeping the team in it (he's been one of the three stars in multiple games this year; definitely more than any other SPR player). He's 25 so not that old yet... With Bob and Montembeault, it seems all he'll get with us is the n.3 spot. We have him signed for next season as well.

It's good to have depth in between the pipes. Hopefully we don't have to call him up, but nice to know he's there.

Reactions: PantherboyHTR

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Denisenko with 5 SOG yesterday in a 6-3 win; rewarded with a PP goal:

3+3 in 21 games (matched his last year's KHL total).
The KHL website also says he wore an "A" yesterday? Lokomotiv seems to like switching the letters around a bit, but still, it's surprising to see him get it even for one game (the usual "lettered" guys are 28+).

Last edited:

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Denisenko with 5 SOG yesterday in a 6-3 win; rewarded with a PP goal:

3+3 in 21 games (matched his last year's KHL total).
The KHL website also says he wore an "A" yesterday? Lokomotiv seems to like switching the letters around a bit, but still, it's surprising to see him get it even for one game (the usual "lettered" guys are 28+).

Man, his agility and stickhandling are elite. I still have faith he'll put it all together. He's dominant against his peers. Give him 2 more years to develop against men(after this season), and I think he might be ready. I do hope he does it in the ahl though.

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont
@Acadmus - did you go to the game tonight? I believe it was in Vermont.
No, thankfully...but going tonight and already making a note to watch Hutsko, Finkelstein, and Knight since clearly Lekkas won't have any help. Best case scenario for the Catamounts tonight is a low scoring tie, mostly preserved by their goalie. And Finkelstein will probably have a big fanbase in attendance, since he's from South Burlington and his family probably lives within 10 minutes of the arena.

Incidentally, it's "Star Wars" night tonight at The Gutt, and my daughter's name is in the drawing to ride the zamboni (just her and me tonight). We'll see how things go :D Two games in the young season, we might actually fit a third in this year.

Last edited:

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
No, thankfully...but going tonight and already making a note to watch Hutsko, Finkelstein, and Knight since clearly Lekkas won't have any help. Best case scenario for the Catamounts tonight is a low scoring tie, mostly preserved by their goalie. And Finkelstein will probably have a big fanbase in attendance, since he's from South Burlington and his family probably lives within 10 minutes of the arena.

Incidentally, it's "Star Wars" night tonight at The Gutt, and my daughter's name is in the drawing to ride the zamboni (just her and me tonight). We'll see how things go :D Two games in the young season, we might actually fit a third in this year.

I went 9 years ago and watched twice Michigan State at Wisconsin. It was an awesome experience! My roommate at the time was best friends with Brian Elliott. Madison is such a cool place, very pro Wisco University everything. Never been to Vermont.

Hopefully you guys win the Zam rides tonight. I am actually a Zamboni driver, and it's a neat experience. I first learned how to drive by riding on the fan experience seat at Sarnia sting games in the OHL. Great view of everything.

Let us know how the game was tonight!

Reactions: Acadmus

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont
I went 9 years ago and watched twice Michigan State at Wisconsin. It was an awesome experience! My roommate at the time was best friends with Brian Elliott. Madison is such a cool place, very pro Wisco University everything. Never been to Vermont.

Hopefully you guys win the Zam rides tonight. I am actually a Zamboni driver, and it's a neat experience. I first learned how to drive by riding on the fan experience seat at Sarnia sting games in the OHL. Great view of everything.

Let us know how the game was tonight!
I usually can connect to UVM's guest wi-fi from the stands, so we'll see if I can post during the game so I don't forget anything notable. Though it's the second night of a back-to-back and the Eagles made mincemeat of the Cats last night, so maybe they sit Knight tonight in favor of the backup? Guess I'll find out soon enough, need to leave in 30 minutes.

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont
Knight in goal, Hutsko on top line. UVM already on its heels. Less than 3 minutes in.

...since that didn’t post, first period done. UVM stepped it up and had a really good stretch in front of Knight, but couldn’t beat him. Lekkas has seen fewer shots, but has stopped several really good chances including one where two Eagles were alone on his doorstep with the puck and somehow he stoned them and sent the puck to the wing where a Catamount was able to clear the zone.
Anyway, Knight’s made 17 saves in the first, Lekkas 7, 0-0 still. Haven’t really noticed Hutsko since his first shift at the opening of the period, and have yet to notice Finkelstein on the ice.

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont
Knight still shutting out Cats after 2, 29 saves. Lekkas let in two but absolutely not his fault, defense hung him out to dry. Finkelstein, finally spotted on the ice, assists on the 2nd goal because at some point he touched the puck. Hutsko not standing out at all tonight. Have to say, Knight not really being tested despite the shot total, most have been right into him. Good news is he doesn’t give up rebounds much. Bad news is he likes to handle the puck behind the net but doesn’t seem to be a great skater...saw him planting his feet before passing the puck repeatedly. He’s too slow at it and he hopefully would learn to be faster in dishing the puck at the NHL level.

Reactions: pantherbot

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Tippett
scores his 8th on the PP from Saarela (3) and Byron (5)
Saarela with his 3rd on the PP makes it 2-2
Toninato scores his 5th, a SHG from from Greco (7)
Desrosiers stops 35/37 the win, he's 5-1-0 now. He's hovering around 2.50 GAA and .930 sv%
SPR move to 11-7-0 with the 3-2 final

Last edited:

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont
Knight gets the shutout. Made it look easy. Stats don’t show it but Lekkas may well have been better, but doesn’t play behind a team as good. First goal his defense failed to clear the puck and it got batted in from the air. Other two were breakaway goals (one short handed) where his defensemen blew assignments. BC didn’t make those mistakes, at least not badly enough that they couldn’t recover from them. I think Knight faced only one high percentage shot the whole game. UVM wasn’t bad either, but they are smaller and lack goal scorers. BC basically let UVM exhaust itself then took them apart starting late in the second. The ultimate culmination of this came when UVM had a 5-minute powerplay late in the third and barely got a shot off because of completely sloppy play.

Reactions: pantherbot
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad