Prospect Info: 2019-2020 In The System: Springfield Thunderbirds, CHL, NCAA, Europe, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Noel got his 4th goal tonight on his only shot of the game. Well I guess you can call this a shot or a shove?

Also, @PantherboyHTR , your cousin had a fun night. 2 goals and a helper. His 4th and 5th snipe already this year. Looking to set new career highs this year.

Thanks for the heads up. He actually just had an 8 game pointless drought.
Now four goals, four assists in his last five games. He's been playing really good this year from what I've seen.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Spencer Knight let in another 6 goals. Awesome.

Apparently the team in front of him isn’t very good. Friedman’s 31 thoughts last week said one of his scouting friends watched BC the week before and thought Knight looked really good despite the team not being very good. I’m not too concerned.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Apparently the team in front of him isn’t very good. Friedman’s 31 thoughts last week said one of his scouting friends watched BC the week before and thought Knight looked really good despite the team not being very good. I’m not too concerned.
Me neither he got shelled by two great teams and kept Denver to one goal in one of the games. Hes has 3 good games and 2 getting shelled. Not worried at all.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany

But wins gives confidence, that might be an old speech but still counts. So trust in your skill is good, but all the effort need to show some positive results in the end.
Before they start overthinking is it the best im doeing.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Tomorrow night I'm attending Barrie Colts at Saginaw Spirit.
Anyone here want me to keep an eye out on anybody in the game?

Never mind, just noticed that my passport is expired, so I won't be leaving the country until I get that fixed. :help: :banghead:
Need to get this fixed before the Panthers next game in Detroit, or else: :GWC:

Was really hoping to see Ryan Suzuki play, #28 overall to Carolina 2019 draft. He played growing up with my cousin for the London Junior Knights AAA program. I saw him play as far back as PeeWee.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
We barely got to know him.
It sounded like they were keeping the door open on him returning after this season? He's signed in Liiga for this season only and spoke about wanting to develop beyond a 4th line role IIRC... Plus we still own his rights for the next three years until he turns 27.
IDK, don't want to misinform but I don't think we've necessarily seen the last of Lammikko on the Panthers.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
It sounded like they were keeping the door open on him returning after this season? He's signed in Liiga for this season only and spoke about wanting to develop beyond a 4th line role IIRC... Plus we still own his rights for the next three years until he turns 27.
IDK, don't want to misinform but I don't think we've necessarily seen the last of Lammikko on the Panthers.

I like the guy, he's a hard worker with some scoring ability. Maybe he takes Boyle's spot next season? The nice thing about Juho is that he can play the wing or c anywhere in the bottom 6. I definitely wouldn't mind if he was back in the fold next season.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
SPR's lines for the game tonight:

8-1 final for SPR, now 7-4-0, that's 5 straight wins now after a 2-4-0 start

Notables:

Greco
with his 5th and 6th goal and assist (3)
Saarela with a goal (1st) and assist (2)
Heponiemi with an assist (2)
Tippett with his 5th goal, which made it 8-1, 4 goals and 7 pts in his last 4 games

Keeper
with an assist (2), after a slow start of 1 goal in 8 games, he now has a goal and 2 assists in last 3 games for 2g/4pts

Driedger is killing it, now 5-3-0 with a 2.00 GAA and .943 SV%

Last edited:

BrankoRadivojevic

May 9, 2012
Massachusetts
SPR's lines for the game tonight:

8-1 final for SPR, now 7-4-0, that's 5 straight wins now after a 2-4-0 start

Notables:

Greco
with his 5th and 6th goal and assist (3)
Saarela with a goal (1st) and assist (2)
Heponiemi with an assist (2)
Tippett with his 5th goal, which made it 8-1, 4 goals and 7 pts in his last 4 games

Keeper
with an assist (2), after a slow start of 1 goal in 8 games, he now has a goal and 2 assists in last 3 games for 2g/4pts

Driedger is killing it, now 5-3-0 with a 2.00 GAA and .943 SV%

Tonight was awesome. That second period was the best they played so far this year. If they can be 80% this good once Borgy's called up, I think they can make the playoffs this year.

For those of you wondering, I think Hepo played his best game tonight. He still doesn't look great, but he was involved in the play a lot and you could see a little spark of creativity. Plus, it never really looks like he gives up on plays.

NewHampshire

Mar 25, 2015
Reports on Knight and Gildon please.

I only caught the third period, but both played well. Knight looked much more steady and composed than he did out here in Denver a couple of weeks ago. A nice bounce back performance from a rough stretch - he made a couple big stops in the third, including one on a 2-on-1 down low...

The lone goal against was a high-slot tip, against the grain, on a Gildon one-timer. Knight’s only hope was it would hit him or go wide and it found the side of the net.

Gildon was smooth skating and dominated the puck, including one extended stretch where he carried the puck around and between defenders for what seemed like ten seconds before creating a brief chance. He had a couple nice and long breakout passes as well...

Last edited:

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Tonight was awesome. That second period was the best they played so far this year. If they can be 80% this good once Borgy's called up, I think they can make the playoffs this year.

For those of you wondering, I think Hepo played his best game tonight. He still doesn't look great, but he was involved in the play a lot and you could see a little spark of creativity. Plus, it never really looks like he gives up on plays.

Good to hear Heponiemi is getting more involved. Is he getting any time on the PP at all?

Curious who youd pick to call up as Hawryluk is out for a month or longer.

Greco or Tippett? Part of me wants Greco as this may be his last year with us and he deserves a couple games for his track record but part of me wants Tippett to reward him for his hot start.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Good to hear Heponiemi is getting more involved. Is he getting any time on the PP at all?

Curious who youd pick to call up as Hawryluk is out for a month or longer.

Greco or Tippett? Part of me wants Greco as this may be his last year with us and he deserves a couple games for his track record but part of me wants Tippett to reward him for his hot start.

As much as I'm an OT fan, I think Grecs would be the call up here.
Let the kid play out his season in the A, and let Grecs have another shot at the big leagues before/if we cut ties with him.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Let the kid play out his season in the A, and let Grecs have another shot at the big leagues before/if we cut ties with him.

If it is Grecs, hoping Tippett will get bumped up with Borgstrom on the 2nd line. They could develop some chemistry and bring that to FLA next year.

BrankoRadivojevic

May 9, 2012
Massachusetts
I agree with this. Greco at this point is a more complete player than Tippett. He’d fill Hawryluk’s role better. And hepo does get some pp time, but it’s on the second unit.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
OHL:
Noel
continues his meh start of the season; collecting only a secondary assist in a 5-1 win. And once again we're back to the usual issue of he is not shooting enough. 1.4 shots per game, UGH. I hoped he was past this TBH? Wish someone had a report on him because on paper it seems like he's taken a step back. 8 points in 10 games.
After a hot start, Schwindt pointless again while his team struggles; has just one assist in the past five games. 12 points in 14 GP, hopefully he can get over his cold streak soon.
Kolyachonok collecting some assists - a secondary on Thursday, a primary on Friday (nice pass across the ice), now has 11 points in 14 GP. In a 5-7 loss, he was on ice for four goals against, (one was a PP goal which was on his partner or the goalie, one an EN goal; didn't see him on the other two as the clips were too short) and for three of his team's goals.

WHL:
Wedman
has an assist in a 5-2 loss; 13 points in 12 games. Rybinski pointless; Thunderbirds struggling but what else is new?
Ludvig collects a PP assist for 14 points in 13 games. His team wins again, 4-1 - they've been pretty dominant this season (also their goalie is good). I'd like Ludvig to collect some ES points but that's more of a nitpicking. Also 2nd best +/- on the team with +9

College:
Wisconsin with 2 losses on Thursday and Friday, Lidmark pointless in both but what's insteresting is he's been bumped up from 3RW to 1RW. In a 4-2 loss he wasn't on ice for any goals (for or against); in the Thursday 6-1 loss, he was on ice for four PP goals against (take from that what you will). Not much else to see there.
UConn - Berger pointless; has one assist in 4 games. If we drafted him as an offensive Dman, he'll need to show more offence eventually, but he's rarely on ice for any goals against which I like.
The BC/UNH game has already been summed up above; unsurprisingly, Knight was voted 3rd star.
At Michigan State, Krygier was reunited with his twin as they played 1st pairing together. In a 3-2 loss, they were on ice for one goal against.
In Miami, Bachman continuing his decent season - with a goal, he's at 7 points in 7 games.

Europe:
Schutz
continues to have a solid year in DEL - 8 points in 16 games now, good for 9th on his team. There is really very little comparison to make here because so few players in his age group play(ed) in the league - either they're not good enough or they leave to play in other countries. He's 6th in U24 DEL scoring - behind Stutzle, who has to go top10 in the draft if he continues this level of play, and Reichel who is also putting himself on the scouting radar here. Seeing him at the U20 WJC playing against Canada, US etc. will be much more telling about where he stands (and it's him, Seider and Bokk who dragged Germany to the top division so good for him.)
Denisenko stands at 5 points in 20 games as his team continues to suck. He's been playing slightly bigger minutes lately which I'm happy to see, but it's still a rather meh result. He's still 10th on the team in points (bleh) and 5th in +/- with +2 (3rd best forward in the cathegory). 26th in KHL U24 scoring (and looking at that group is interesting as only two guys in that group broke the 0.5 ppg pace; only five U24 guys currently have at least ten points). I want to see him internationally again - and then playing in the AHL next year.
Kinnunen seems to be regaining the ground he lost with bad preseason and is back to playing 1st pairing in Liiga; not putting up points though, which he should be since he was projected to be an offensive defenceman. That said, there are again very few kids his age who are playing at this level at all... and he seems to have become a regular, so I'll take it.
Lammikko's excellent season has already been mentioned several times above. Mamin is at 9 points in 19 games.

And I think that's everybody?

Right, Bednard is the starter in the ECHL, posting 88.8 SVS%, 3.78 GAA. His fellow goalies not doing much better so it might be more on the team than on him.

NewHampshire

Mar 25, 2015
Will add the highlights later...

Excluding Ivy kids who have only played 1-2 games, Gildon leads the country in per game scoring by a defenseman and ranks T-8th in PPG amongst ALL college players at 1.57 PPG...

UNH’s PP, quarterbacked by Gildon, currently ranks 4th nationally at 32.3% (1st overall if you remove Ivies Brown, Cornell and Princeton who have played just two games each)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad