2019-2020 Dallas Stars General Discussion III - COVID Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Looks like the Stars are quietly moving on from Les Jackson.

Is this for cost savings? Is this because of how Jackson handled Gaglardi's desire to insult the players last season? Is it a signal of a bigger change of direction in the organization?

Who knows.

11. For almost 35 years, Les Jackson’s been a Star. Hired as an assistant coach when the franchise was still in Minnesota in 1985, he stayed with the organization every season but one since. His contract will not be renewed. End of an era, for sure. He’s been a huge part of that organization’s success.

31 Thoughts: Fun week, but high hurdles remain for NHL resumption - Sportsnet.ca

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
I guess Janko probably takes over his job. I wonder if this means Scott White will be getting more involved with the big club, he's listed as an assistant GM but I'm not sure how much he really did with them while running the baby Stars.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
So that likely means we're stuck with Nill and Bones for the next season or two as well.
So much for any hope of Gallant coming on board...

Nill yes, Bones I think is a more unique situation. I don’t fully understand that contract situation.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017

Is this for cost savings? Is this because of how Jackson handled Gaglardi's desire to insult the players last season? Is it a signal of a bigger change of direction in the organization?

Who knows.

31 Thoughts: Fun week, but high hurdles remain for NHL resumption - Sportsnet.ca

Les Jackson has done nothing the last five years, he has a job because of his name and reputation and history with the team.

Ever since Nill came in his role has diminished year over year.

No point in Gaglardi wasting money on "advisors"

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
All on all if the return does happen, it could benefit the Stars since we would get healthy and rested Bishop to start the meaningful games. Which could be the key to a long run.

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
That rest should benefit the Stars more than most teams. We have quite a few vets that will likely benefit from the rest more than the average player.

Reactions: Johno

Ja Sports

May 6, 2020
Fresh new hype reel for Connor Zary - absolute workhorse of a player

Enjoy guys :) who do you want to draft this year?

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
So what is so special about Fredrik Karlström that they sign him over Curtis Douglas? I'm not saying Douglas should have been signed, but Karlström doesn't seem like anything either. Because Karlström can probably skate faster, thus a better chance of making it? Then why take Douglas in the 4th round at all?

I'm probably over analyzing a nothing move.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
So what is so special about Fredrik Karlström that they sign him over Curtis Douglas? I'm not saying Douglas should have been signed, but Karlström doesn't seem like anything either. Because Karlström can probably skate faster, thus a better chance of making it? Then why take Douglas in the 4th round at all?

He’s European

Reactions: Satan

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013

Because Karlström has doubled his points every season in the men’s top league. Poised for a breakout 40p season, and a top 10 finish in the league scoring.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Karlstrom was the worst out of the 3 that needed contracts. Once again management shows their incompetence.

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box

Who knows.

What success are they referring to? Don't remember much for about 20 years now. I'm all for cutting the fat in the front office.

Reactions: Satan

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Safe so far, but taking a flight to Amarillo here in a few hours. Will, per wife's stern instructions (and American Airlines....) be wearing a mask.

Went out to dinner last night, and the patio bar was filled with closely spaced, and slobbering drunk patrons hooting and hollering, perfect conditions for spread.

As to hockey, I have started paying for my next seasons full season tickets, but every day that goes by, I am thinking there won't be sports for a while. BTW, if it does start in December as the NHL plans, I will be looking to sell a few premium, lower level, offensive blue line seats because I don't really need to go to 41 games. It may be that I will have to sell to those willing to go, who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad