2019-2020 Dallas Stars General Discussion III - COVID Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
The 2008 financial crisis ended up triggering a commercial real estate crisis that crushed the personal finances of Tom Hicks and sent the Stars to bankruptcy for their dark years. Now the Stars have an owner whose wealth comes from owning hotels and restaurants, and we know how those businesses are doing.

So... should we start to look at things and wonder if history is repeating itself?

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
So with the playoff format the NHL agreed on, Stars would get a bye and likely play a round robin against Colorado, St. Louis, and Vegas to determine seeding 1-4.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Unless the Stars can have an uncharacteristic good restart instead of their usual slow Diesel engine, they are destined for the four seed which would mean the winner of EDM vs CHI or maybe the three seed with NSH vs ARI.
And that leads to a second round match against STL or COL so history repeats itself.

How big of a chance for the Stars to be lucky and having Vegas as the second round match?o_O Aka Vegas and Dallas going 1&4 seed or 2&3 seed. (If I’m remembering the system correctly)

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Same for me. I realistically don't see a way for play to continue safely. If it does begin too early, I don't think I can support it just because of how dangerous it will be for the likely thousands involved.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Assuming they will take enough precautions, I’m glad I can have something worth my time to do during the summer vacation since I’m quite sure there will be no meaningful traveling to be had.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Idk how anyone could not be excited for hockey to come back.
I'd love for NHL hockey to be basically year round unreasonable as it may be

Yeah I'm for sure excited. I'm also excited to see how this new format thing works out considering its potentially a once in a lifetime situation here.

I'd also love for the Stars to somehow win the Cup too but I also know everyone who's team doesn't win the Cup is gonna be saying this one basically doesnt count etc. I just want hockey back

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Stars got really lucky with the seeding system especially with how badly they played when the season was put on hold. Now they still have a shot at the #1 seed and even if they don't win any games in the round robin phase they lost nothing and go in at the #4 seed where they've been at anyway .

Last edited:

Ja Sports

May 6, 2020
With the news about the proposed NHL Draft format, who are you guys hoping to pick up?

I think Kaiden Guhle could be a good fit :) and he can already rock Dallas' green

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
I had no faith for the Stars to get anything done this year down the stretch. This could definitely shake things up for them. It would be great to sneak into a Stanley Cup Final. Were already used to teams trying to take away our cup win so it wouldn't bother me if they got that far. :)

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Well our only Cup win is still questionable by some, so this would be a year I see Dallas winning so it can once again be labeled as not a real win lol

I’m all for it coming back as long as everyone is safe. I can say whatever, but as soon as I see the first few shifts of the Stars playing I’m going to be so happy it’s back

Reactions: Hull Fan and Johno

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
In the assumption that player safety is optimal, which i belive it will be, then im super excited to see it come back.

Glad we will get to be in a 7 game series. Would be great if we end the round robin as the 3 seed and got to be bracketed against Nashville/Arizona. I think we beat both.

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
I am excited for hockey to come back but I can see why people wouldn't be.

I think this situation favors the teams that would normally have lower chances to win the cup. When teams are cold and haven't played a real game in months, I think the chances of an upset are greater. Hopefully the fact that our team is full of vets allows them to flip a switch and enter playoff mode. Should be interesting to see how this all plays out, if it does happen.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Sounds like Dellandrea and Harley would be eligible to play for the Stars should the season resume.

Would we see either play? I doubt it. I do wonder if Harley might get a shot if Sekera/Polak show too much rust or we're desperate...

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Just cancel the season.. I heard if training camp is in July, games wont start until August?? lmfao

masinaLFC

Apr 2, 2014
Banska Bystrica, SVK
man.. am i the only one having a hard time getting excited about this? i really just want to call this season done for and roll on to the next.

do you really want to be the Covid Cup Champs anyway?
so next season the covid will suddenly disapper or what? the only thing that makes sense is try to finish the season that is 75% completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad