2019-2020 Dallas Stars General Discussion III - COVID Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
Good for you bud I’m definitely not on the jump ship train but sometimes I really gotta step away. Teams all go through their ups and downs.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Win we get the Flames.

Lose we get the Canucks.

Regardless of matchup favourability, we sbould be going out with a point to prove and establish some high effort Monday.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Flames didn’t look that good to me, plus Gaudreau’s injury looked nasty.

Winnipeg has a pretty awful defense and lost two of their top 4 forwards in game 1. Hellebuyck also looked mortal. I don’t think they were a big challenge.

Stars should absolutely be favored against either opponent but knowing us, it’ll still take 6-7 games. Assuming they get their heads screwed on right beforehand.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I hope we win Sunday. I don't really have a preference between Calgary and Vancouver, all I know is the Stars need to win a damn game so they can snap themselves out of this losing streak.

Out of all the teams we could have played, Calgary or Vancouver are probably the ones I would've wanted us to face however..with all that being said I think the Stars might struggle against a younger Vancouver team tho...and right now that's looking like a very likely option for who they will play. Stars would be the perfect team to lose in an upset series

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
I definitely think Vancouver would be the better match up but just win tomorrow. Losing 10 in a row is not good whatsoever. They need to get the monkey off their back before marching into the playoffs

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Benn - hintz - perry . Make it happen bones . That line carried us out of that 1-7-1 slump at the start of the year .

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
I don’t know if the stats support it but it seems like Benn and Seguin up their game against Canadian teams. I don’t know if playing in an empty arena in Canada will have the same affect though... one can hope.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
If you data models tell you that the Stars are "fun", you need to revise your models/interpretations.

I think its more like if your team is playing Dallas

your team will score first
your team will most likely get a shutout
your pk will be perfect
lots of scoring chances

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I think its more like if your team is playing Dallas

your team will score first
your team will most likely get a shutout
your pk will be perfect
lots of scoring chances

It says Dallas is getting a ton of chances too and just not doing anything with them.

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
I wonder if with the financial strain this could be the year we see the cup run stars throwbacks introduced as thirds for a little cash-influx. One can hope...

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
I am so tired of being tired of watching this team; a quote from a fan on Defending Big D. This is pathetic with Bowness coaching as he has no idea of what he’s doing which is a domino effect.

Seguin obviously isn’t healthy and shouldn’t be playing; especially more than Hintz, Gurianov, etc. It of course won’t happen but Dellandrea, Robertson, Kivi, Harley etc. should be put in over Sekera, Cogliano, Comeau/Janmark/Seguin.

Dellandrea and Harley won’t hit 9 games but would at least, as well others, get some experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad