2019-2020 Dallas Stars General Discussion III - COVID Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
IMO the quicker the players can get to this quarantine hub city bubble the better.

Probably safer for players if the seasin goes ahead so they can avoid the general public for a while

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I didn’t watch him play at all this season, but I was shocked to see Cogliano only had 3 goals on the year. He was a great middle sixer for a long time in Anaheim, sad to see how much and how fast he fell off. I know the scoresheet is only one thing though, is he still an effective player for you guys or is he pretty much done?

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
I didn’t watch him play at all this season, but I was shocked to see Cogliano only had 3 goals on the year. He was a great middle sixer for a long time in Anaheim, sad to see how much and how fast he fell off. I know the scoresheet is only one thing though, is he still an effective player for you guys or is he pretty much done?

Like you said, I think he plays a big part in areas that aren’t on the scoresheet. He’s competitive and a leader and Dallas has had a good record since they traded for him

It’s hard to say how important he is to this team, and his cap hit makes it tough when he only scores 3 goals

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Pretty much done... More like completely done. Really shouldn't be on the roster, likely next season in his last in the NHL. Nothing he does /brings cannot be replaced by any number of younger cheaper players.
The leadership(FO and coaches) of this team has an affinity for "vets" and that is quite literally the only reason he still gets dressed

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Pretty much done... More like completely done. Really shouldn't be on the roster, likely next season in his last in the NHL. Nothing he does /brings cannot be replaced by any number of younger cheaper players.
The leadership(FO and coaches) of this team has an affinity for "vets" and that is quite literally the only reason he still gets dressed

Pretty much what M88K said. Find someone who can hustle consistently and skate pretty fast and you have your Cogliano replacement. He brings pretty much nothing to the table now and is the worst player on the team offensively

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
It’s hard to say how important he is to this team, and his cap hit makes it tough when he only scores 3 goals

Yeah, we should get rid of Dobby and Bishop based on that reasoning, LOL. They aren't likely to score a goal. I think both sides are right on this argument. He plays a vital role on the checking line and you know now you can trust him while supposedly being a Cup contender. He is old, and old players get older, while young players get better. Most every team in the league has shown that going younger tends to work out better, which is a bit different than years past.

That said, they can't get out of his contract, and they probably don't want to take a chance on a player "getting better" at this particular juncture. We have this year (if it finishes) and next year with Cogs, unless the Stars are out of the 20-21 playoff race and can get something for him just before the TDL. So, we live with it.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Yeah, we should get rid of Dobby and Bishop based on that reasoning, LOL. They aren't likely to score a goal. I think both sides are right on this argument. He plays a vital role on the checking line and you know now you can trust him while supposedly being a Cup contender. He is old, and old players get older, while young players get better. Most every team in the league has shown that going younger tends to work out better, which is a bit different than years past.

That said, they can't get out of his contract, and they probably don't want to take a chance on a player "getting better" at this particular juncture. We have this year (if it finishes) and next year with Cogs, unless the Stars are out of the 20-21 playoff race and can get something for him just before the TDL. So, we live with it.

Cogliano is a goalie now? Did I miss something during all this covid stuff orr

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
So is Jim lites being given a fake role to save face or is he still gonna be doing what he was.

No fake role. Alberts is running the Dallas Stars, Lites is running Northland Properties USA (ie. Moxies, Sandman Hotels, other developments)

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Stars vs Golden Knights - August 3rd

Curious how many players will miss games cause of COVID. 2 week quarantine so if someone gets it theyll miss an entire series?

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Just popped in to say that Boeser is reportedly (I know) on the block or being considered for the block. All I know is that he’s exactly what the doctor ordered and I’d give up most of the farm for him.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Interesting bit of strategy on the last game...its possible all play in series are complete by the time we play st louis.

Meaning we might know who we play if we lose game 3, and who we play if we win (and same logic for St louis).

Hypotehtically gives us a little opp to play according to the team we might prefer in round 1.

Interesting watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad