2019-2020 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Looks like they removed Henrikson's assist from earlier. But that's okay because he ended up scoring his first goal later. Lake Superior up 7-3 on Michigan Tech.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Tuff night for Northeastern, it was a must win game for them as they continue to fall in the Hockey East standings. Losing Struble early on, then some weak penalty calls, including 12 minutes to their top player in Madden while on the PP as he got hooked and it was called but he took the players stick and threw it and it hit the ref. Can't say I agree with giving him 12 mins for that but it stung. Late in the 3rd a 5 min major really stung as well as they got it within one to 3-2 but then gave up a PP goal.

Never heard an update on Struble, I figured he wouldn't be back this game but the game is with the Maine play by play so they haven't brought up his name all night since the hit that I heard.

Not looking like they will make the NCAA tournament so the only prospect we might have there is Stapley.

Reactions: Andrei79

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
You don't hear much about LeGuerrier, he had his first 3 pt game of the season and has 6 points in his last 5 games. He's hit career highs in assists, points and pims. In 214 games in his OHL career he's a +65 granted those were some very good teams he was on until this year as this year his team has given up 212 goals which only 4 teams in the OHL have given up more then that.

Fonstad having a good game, 1g 2a after 2 periods

he's been great since the trade and looks to be heating up with 7 pts in the last 4 games after a little cold spot where he had just 1 pt in 3 games which since the trade was the first time he went back to back games without a point. Talk about consistency.

pre trade - 9-2-7-9 0 pims +5
post trade - 37-11-42-53 18 pims +26 (1.43 ppg)

his 49 assists are 1 off the league lead. And it's not like PA sucks and Everett is just scoring way more goals as PA is in 1st place and while they have scored more goals on the season then Everett it's due to them playing 4 more games but just shows that both teams are scoring around the same but Fonstad has just taken off with Everett.

Last edited:

bopeep

Jan 22, 2004
bc
Malmo with a 7-0 win over Karlskrona - not sure if Dichow played and got the shutout

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Here is what Wheeler from the Athletic has for his top 10 Habs prospects. He has 4 LHD prospects in his top 7 (Harris, Romanov, Struble, Norlinder)...now RHD is our weakest prospect depth.
Wheeler's 2020 NHL prospect pool rankings: No. 2 Montreal...

Habs also ranked as 2nd best crop of prospects behind LA.

That's because Habs literally do what you're not supposed to do and draft for need.

Was that Dichow shutout in the top league, or 2nd ?

bopeep

Jan 22, 2004
bc
I watched a little of Khisamutdinov today, he had 1g, 1a and now has 5 pts in the last 2 games in the VHL so maybe he'll get called back to the KHL.
How do you think he looked Montreal? In the limited amount that I have seen him play, his hands were quite impressive - especially for a bigger player

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
How do you think he looked Montreal? In the limited amount that I have seen him play, his hands were quite impressive - especially for a bigger player

he's too good for the VHL, it's not enough of a challenge but he can't get enough ice time in the KHL so he's kind of stuck between the two leagues. We badly need someone like him since he's got the big frame, moves well and loves to shoot the puck while also having a solid physical game. So I do wonder if MB still plans on bringing him over this summer or not.

Reactions: CoopersFalls

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
he's too good for the VHL, it's not enough of a challenge but he can't get enough ice time in the KHL so he's kind of stuck between the two leagues. We badly need someone like him since he's got the big frame, moves well and loves to shoot the puck while also having a solid physical game. So I do wonder if MB still plans on bringing him over this summer or not.

So heartened that he moves well. Swear I heard that he had skating issues after we drafted him.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Kieran Ruscheinski is back tonight. His first game since December 8th. Never got any info on the nature of his injury.

Salmon Arm is up 3-2 in the second period. Ruscheinski has an assist so far. His 4th point of the season.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
LeGuerrier with back to back 3 pt games, he's got 9 pts in the last 6 games. He's got more assists this year then points last year, he's 3 pts away from getting as many points this then he had in his OHL career.

Since he''ll be turning 20 in November, do the Habs need to sign him this year, or can he go back and play another year in the OHL? I'm assuming they would need to sign him or else he becomes a free to sign with anybody.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Since he''ll be turning 20 in November, do the Habs need to sign him this year, or can he go back and play another year in the OHL? I'm assuming they would need to sign him or else he becomes a free to sign with anybody.

They can wait until June 1st 2021, but if he will have a chance to make the team (AHL) out of camp like Fleury last year.

Harvey-Pinard too must be signed before June 1st 2021, so both of them could be signed by AHL team only and we can keep 2 spots open on the 50 players reserved list.

Reactions: FrankMTL

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
They can wait until June 1st 2021, but if he will have a chance to make the team (AHL) out of camp like Fleury last year.

Harvey-Pinard too must be signed before June 1st 2021, so both of them could be signed by AHL team only and we can keep 2 spots open on the 50 players reserved list.

so just to be clear, RHP is an overager this year right?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

his team is hosting the Memorial Cup next year, so he will likely be back as an overager. They don't need to sign him as was pointed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad