Oct 3, 2003
giphy.gif

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Pagé said in an interview a few years ago that this incident was his only regret as a coach and he really wish he didn't do it.

It never looks good, just like Nate ended up looking foolish and regretted the whole exchange with Bednar. Tempers boil over, everyone's human, but for the love of God, if you're gonna blow yer stack, do it in the locker room.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Muzzin down and needs a stretcher...

I hope he's alright but, I take up issue with how quickly the whistle went if I am Torts or the Jackets bench. Certainly didn't get a whistle that quick when Matt Calvert was bleeding from his head earlier in the year.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Looked like Muzzin wrenched his neck going head first into Bjorkstrand's knee.

If there's ever a time to blow a whistle it's with the puck in the neutral zone after a head or neck injury. Especially when he was down on the ice for over 10 minutes afterwards and was taken out on a stretcher.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Hard to tell how he got hurt. Could it be from PLD's crosscheck?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Hard to tell how he got hurt. Could it be from PLD's crosscheck?

It's a little obstructed but watch how his head snaps to the right after he hits Bjorkstrand's knee. And that's in slow motion.

Hopefully just a sprain but those can be really painful.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
It's a little obstructed but watch how his head snaps to the right after he hits Bjorkstrand's knee. And that's in slow motion.

Hopefully just a sprain but those can be really painful.
That's such a weird sequence. I thought he looked already injured when he's sent flying into the air..I understand that it's happening fast but he doesn't seem to protect himself like someone normally would.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
That's such a weird sequence. I thought he looked already injured when he's sent flying into the air..I understand that it's happening fast but he doesn't seem to protect himself like someone normally would.

Yeah it's a really flukey play. I think he's trying to avoid getting hit with Marner's stick/puck on the clearing attempt, but he dove head first into Bjorkstrand's knee.

He went in at a weird angle though hitting Bjorkstrand with the side of his head, so it probably strained the shit out of his neck at least. Bjorkstrand looked like he almost blew out his knee too. Weird play.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
In other news, Carolina could become the first team to win their series with a win today. That was fast.

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
So Barrie best out Rielly for the spot on the top PP unit? Has it been like that for a while?

They swap sometimes.. he really doesn't seem to do much of anything other than shoot it into shin pads. Rielly is generally much better on that unit but does similar things. I'm honestly shocked at how bad Barrie has been for us. There is just no creativity or anything to his game. He's just a guy out there. I don't know if he just doesn't fit with our team what but just so underwhelming in every facet.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I'm honestly shocked at how bad Barrie has been for us. There is just no creativity or anything to his game. He's just a guy out there. I don't know if he just doesn't fit with our team what but just so underwhelming in every facet.

He's not as good as some Avs fans think he is but not as bad as he's been in Toronto either. It will be interesting to see how he plays with his new team next season.

Also that trade to Toronto will end up costing him quite a few million dollars.

Reactions: Foppa2118

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
So aside from his health which is of utmost importance, the Muzzin situation brings up another thing to think about.

I guess he had to leave the bubble to be examined. Apparently if there’s no injury the player still has to quarantine for four days before they are able to play again.

Reactions: Balthazar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad