2019-2020 Around the League Thread - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
This is exactly why you take the regular season series and throw it out the window. Rangers were 4-0 against the Canes in regular season, about the get swept here.

Reactions: forsbergavs32

Avs44

May 16, 2011
The Rangers genuinely look like they spent the entire three months off golfing and eating cheeseburgers because they figured they had another couple months off before they had to worry about hockey. Just so little energy across the board.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
This series should help to put Rangers fans in there place a little bit, at least for the time being.

Some of the lines of thinking and comments from that group before the qualifiers began were a tad ridiculous. They're still a very bad team that needs a lot of help before they're even a playoff caliber team.

On the other side of things, man do the Canes look good. I would be very scared to face them next round if I am Tampa/Boston/Washington/Philly.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
This is exactly why you take the regular season series and throw it out the window. Rangers were 4-0 against the Canes in regular season, about the get swept here.

Exactly. Just like how everyone thought the Avs were gonna get dismantled by the Flames last year because of the reg season record

Reactions: the_fan

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Canes have stellar defense depth, good offense and great coaching. Highly underrated team.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Canucks game starts at 10h45 PM EST on a Tuesday night. Hope they don't have too many fans on the east coast.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Man the Canes color commentator must have said that Aho is a star roughly 80 times in the last 30 minutes.

Reactions: Hennessy

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Yeah that's probably the end of the road for Henrik.

Kreider having fun doesn't look good.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Aho > Rantanen

Probably because of his defence and position, but Mikko will announce himself soon.

I feel like this playoff is a bit like a minor hockey tournament with all the players watching each other. It has to give some of these guys motivation when they see another guy showing out.

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
I know it's better if the Mild win, but whenever I watch them, I just can't cheer for them (not that my fandom affects the game in any way...).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese