Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
MacKinnon a Lady Byng Finalist

CircularHauntingAmericangoldfinch-max-1mb.gif

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
So St. Thomas in Minnesota is the next team confirming that they're joining DI hockey from DIII around next year. @henchman24 any word on the school? I see that it's private and Catholic so that means it's probably rich correct? Do they have a good programme or are we expecting something like Holy Cross here?

https://www.stthomas.edu/athletics-future/
I'm private and Catholic and I'm not rich.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
So St. Thomas in Minnesota is the next team confirming that they're joining DI hockey from DIII around next year. @henchman24 any word on the school? I see that it's private and Catholic so that means it's probably rich correct? Do they have a good programme or are we expecting something like Holy Cross here?

https://www.stthomas.edu/athletics-future/

Aggressive school with big athletic donors... I don't know how successful they will be, but in a prime location and have the cash to build a solid program.

Reactions: S E P H

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Lady Byng just seems to be about "fewest PIMs" these days, which is a weird way to go about it. I know hockey writers can't possibly get to know every single player on every team but using PIMs as a shorthand for sportsmanship is kind of lazy. My guess is Nate came in 3rd.

Reactions: MarkT

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Mack nominated for Lady Byng? I bet all the refs he screamed at during the season love that. :laugh:

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Given the injury situation The Avs went through this year, I’m surprised Bednar wasn’t named as a finalist for the Jack Adams.

The Jack Adams is a pretty cursed award so I don't mind.

Someone should photoshop the Lady Byng in for the water bottle because that's probably how MacKinnon would feel about it, especially if that's the only trophy he wins.

Yes please.

Reactions: McMetal

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Oh great now Nylanders helmet will stick even farther up off his head looking like he has a bees nest tucked under his helmet

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Ended up browing Instagram (I honestly never do that) because of the Landy/Girard thing in the other thread and the website suggested me various hockey players.

This one took me by surprise. Is Lias Andersson openly gay? If he is good for him he looks happy but it would be the first time that I see a pro hockey player being openly gay.

Reactions: MarkT

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Ended up browing Instagram (I honestly never do that) because of the Landy/Girard thing in the other thread and the website suggested me various hockey players.

This one took me by surprise. Is Lias Andersson openly gay? If he is good for him he looks happy but it would be the first time that I see a pro hockey player being openly gay.

If so it's about bloody time. It's just a shame that he might never even be an NHL player.

Reactions: McMetal

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
I believe that's Jacob Moverare, a Kings' prospect. Him and Lias played hockey together growing up, and Jacob was housesitting for Lias while he was in New York. Nothing I can find points to them being in anything other than a platonic relationship, though that shot of them on the bed ain't doing them any favors if they're expecting to be in the closet.

Who knows? Close friends, lovers. I don't care. They obviously enjoy each other's company.

Reactions: Balthazar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad