2019-2020 Around the League Thread - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
We don't know how safe the bubble is really going to be. We've seen how ravaged some teams get during flu season, now imagine a disease twice as contagious in a given locker room. Even with all the precautions, we're still seeing multiple players test positive.

Also, there's something to be said about not wanting to be quarantined from your family for an extended period of time, and also staying home if you happen to have family who are immunocompromised.
Multiple players tested positive while they were outside the bubble, we'll see what happens when they're all inside. I mean they're coming to my city after all...Hopefully no one does anything stupid like try to wander out.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Players are safer in the bubble than on their own, I don't really understand the opt out. Here's Hughes at a crowded beach, Makar wouldn't do that.
EYbOj3m.jpg
Cale would go tarps off.

Reactions: dahrougem2

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Bergevin's quarantine hair looks like a photoshop job :laugh:

ubx9tAM.png

How he looks normally

MdT6SXk.png

Reactions: Foppa2118

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I'm starting to feel bad for the kid now, his NHL career is really not going well.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
If he didn't get any better at skating I'm not hopeful for him. The only other way I see him being successful is if he has started playing bigger and going to the tough areas to score.
Skating was never really that big of an issue for him, not that he was a great skater or anything though. Engagement and willingness to go to the dirty areas really hampered him, which is a shame because he's an incredibly talented and smart player.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah he seems like he’ll be a good fit with *checks notes* um...John Tortorella.

If there is a coach that can get Grigo to actually play in the NHL, it is probably Torts as this point. Torts is a pain and very demanding of his players... but he is brutally honest and sets very clear expectations of their play. It will be up to Grigo to respond or not. Also, Columbus probably plays at the slowest pace of any team... so foot speed isn't as much of an issue.

Reactions: Foppberg and MarkT

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I loved Grigo, and I'm sad it didn't work out here. He was a fun player to watch when he was on and engaged, and easy to root for as well. I wish him the best making his comeback.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
If there is a coach that can get Grigo to actually play in the NHL, it is probably Torts as this point. Torts is a pain and very demanding of his players... but he is brutally honest and sets very clear expectations of their play. It will be up to Grigo to respond or not. Also, Columbus probably plays at the slowest pace of any team... so foot speed isn't as much of an issue.

Yeah, I agree with you, but I don't think that will be a successful marriage.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Yeah, I agree with you, but I don't think that will be a successful marriage.

Yeah that's the issue. Torts is very direct like Roy so that will help, but Grigs will need some sort of leash, and Torts isn't really known for his leash.

Roy was the best kind of coach for him because he'd be tough and direct with him on what he needs to do better, but he'd also give him some leash, and pump his tires when he played well.

If Grigo hasn't become more willing to engage physically and battle for the puck, I'm not sure he'll play better for Torts than Roy.

Reactions: Pokecheque
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad