2019-2020 Around the League Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
It is funny how pick expectations change outlook... both Hughes and Kakko are out performing Dach, and those two are busts and Dach is doing well.

That said, I think Dach is doing fine. He's playing much better defensively than I thought he would at 18 and is holding up physically in the NHL... the offensive talent will come through eventually (though I still think he may need moved to wing for that to fully come out).
I think he'll be fine, too, but he isn't having a good rookie season in my opinion. Far from it.

I think he gets pushed off the puck very easily. He has his moments of power, but he just hasn't filled out nearly enough to play the style of game I think is going to lend him success. And that's what happens when you're that age and just drafted.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I think he'll be fine, too, but he isn't having a good rookie season in my opinion. Far from it.

I think he gets pushed off the puck very easily. He has his moments of power, but he just hasn't filled out nearly enough to play the style of game I think is going to lend him success. And that's what happens when you're that age and just drafted.

FTR I would have sent him back.

pri.gif

He's learning things in the NHL that will make him ready to have a higher impact next year. His defensive play has been good and he's had flashes of his talent. Also think his effort has been more consistent than it ever was in the Dub. This is one of those instances where I think he would have learned more bad habits playing another season in junior.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
This just flat out isn't true.

This is the same Kirby Dach who has 14 points in 45 games played, and prior to the game vs Winnipeg was going through a stretch of 1 POINT in 28 games.

The Hawks messed up keeping this kid in the NHL.
:laugh:
Well go tell that to the Hawks and their fanbase.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

His only other option was to go back to junior though. He will get much stronger practicing and playing against men and working with NHL level trainers and nutritionists.

It’s different if he was a college kid who can spend the entire winter in the weight room but the grind of a Canadian junior season is on par or probably even worse (because of the travel) than the NHL.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
What are the chances Wings dont even reach 40 points? At the rate they're losing, it might happen

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
Brostone, as he was called by the Rangers radio color announcer last Sunday, puts the Jackets ahead.

The CBJ radio play by play guy sure has some interesting post-goal sayings, such as, “Tuck in your t-shirt!” after Nyqvist’s tally tonight, & “Cut that spaghetti, & tie your shoes!” following Bjorkstrand’s...

Reactions: McMetal

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Avs defensmen should take notes from Savard on how to read and block the cross ice pass.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Pretty sure he wanted Dach.

Same Dach who was snobbed on this board BTW, turns out he's looking pretty damn good so far.

Kirby Dach / 19
45 games played - 7 goals - 7 assists - 14 points - minus 2

"Looking pretty damn good so far."

Tyson Jost / 21
46 games played - 5 goals - 10 assists - 15 points - plus 11

"Terrible player."

I know "2 years older", but let's at least be consistent with what's pretty damn good and what's not great.

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017
Leafs board is a treat, many are souring on Kerfoot and are quite ready to trade him. It's almost like everything we said about him was true imagine that.

Reactions: The Kingslayer
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Leafs board is a treat, many are souring on Kerfoot and are quite ready to trade him. It's almost like everything we said about him was true imagine that.

I think the Leafs fans are trying to soften the blow of them absolutely wrecking us on that trade. They easily replaced Kadri with a cheaper and Selke worthy C.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
I think the Leafs fans are trying to soften the blow of them absolutely wrecking us on that trade. They easily replaced Kadri with a cheaper and Selke worthy C.

I'm so tempted to make a "told you so" post there because when we went over there and told them to temper expectations we got the middle finger.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Wings have 28 points in 51 games.

Avs' 48 points record for the worst team of the cap era really is in jeopardy.

Reactions: obZen

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
I think the All-Star game in Florida makes a tonne of sense.

Personally I have absolutely no interest in travelling to any city just to watch the All-Star event.

But a trip to Florida in the middle of Winter, and toss in some All-Star activities into the trip and all of a sudden it becomes an appealing vacation.

More power to you. I wouldn't go to Florida (or Texas) unless you paid me. A lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad