2019-2020 Around the League Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
When we beat Tampa today, we will slot very nicely into 5th overall in the NHL. :cheers:
Still, I'm expecting top 2-3 in the coming weeks !! Overall I mean.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
No one likes Aubut so I don't think he's hurting himself by saying that. Lindros' mom wasn't exactly a Saint either though.

A lot of people here realized what really happened after Lindros married a French Canadian. The common belief at the time that Lindros rejected Quebec was that Lindros wouldn't come here because his family didn't like French Canadians. It was pretty bad thing to say, especially the timing of it (in the middle of a Quebec nationalism crisis in the early 90's).

Now I don't know if Aubut was responsible for spreading those fake rumors but **** him anyway. He's just not a good person.

As much as Lindros looked arrogant and like a bully when he was younger, he sounds like a good dude now. I really like him in interviews.
I don't care what Lindros' reasons were, he brought this team 2 Stanley Cups lol.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

Seriously what does this guy want? Is he expecting the Sabres to retain 50% on his salary or something?

He asked for a trade and no one wants him then he went through waivers unclaimed...

At this point just collect your huge paycheck in the AHL like the other overpaid defensemen did before you (Karl Alzner, Andrew MacDonald, etc)

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Seriously what does this guy want? Is he expecting the Sabres to retain 50% on his salary or something?

He asked for a trade and no one wants him then he went through waivers unclaimed...

At this point just collect your huge paycheck in the AHL like the other overpaid defensemen did before you (Karl Alzner, Andrew MacDonald, etc)

He's in the last year of his deal with only 20 or so games left. If he's fine with giving up whatever is left of this year's $6M then I don't blame him. Why go to Rochester if you don't need to? Those other guys you mention would risk the rest of their huge contracts getting terminated if they refused to report.

It is funny though. Demands a trade but it doesn't happen because he's not wanted (at least not at that price). Then goes unclaimed on waivers because he's not wanted. He just isn't good anymore.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
He's in the last year of his deal with only 20 or so games left. If he's fine with giving up whatever is left of this year's $6M then I don't blame him. Why go to Rochester if you don't need to? Those other guys you mention would risk the rest of their huge contracts getting terminated if they refused to report.
GM's don't like quitters. He's going to be UFA and should go down there to prove his worth.

Not like he has a stellar past in the NHL and they'll all line up to offer him a contract next summer.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
GM's don't like quitters. He's going to be UFA and should go down there to prove his worth.

Not like he has a stellar past in the NHL and they'll all line up to offer him a contract next summer.

I just don't think him refusing to report to the AHL is what's going to cost him opportunities. The fact that he's not a good hockey player probably will.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I just don't think him refusing to report to the AHL is what's going to cost him opportunities. The fact that he's not a good hockey player probably will.
Which is why he should go collect the remaining ~2M of this contract in the AHL. I bet he won't even sign for 2M next summer.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
He went unclaimed on waivers, the writing is on the wall. No GM will offer him a one-way deal in the summer if they're turning him down for free now. If he doesn't want to ride the buses, he might as well retire a few months early, because next season that's where he's be anyway.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Not sure where to put this.

Seems weird they'd bring another AHL team to Colorado Springs, only about 100 miles away from where the Eagles play. Seems like the Avs and especially the Eagles would be very against this move.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Zach Bogosian sucks lol dude is probably only going to get a PTO from some GM that feels sorry for his next training camp.

If I was in his shoes, I'd just suck it up for the last couple of months of the season and collect that nice paycheque rather than give it away.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I don't know what the hell is going on with GM's now? First, Coleman got two first rounders and now effin' Toffoli gets Tyler Madden? Now I suggest that Toffoli has been undervalued, he IS a 30 goalscorer in the past. Nonetheless, I have all the confidence to say that Madden would've done more for the Canucks than Toffoli ever will. Madden is a fantastic prospect and should become a great NHL player.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I don't know what the hell is going on with GM's now? First, Coleman got two first rounders and now effin' Toffoli gets Tyler Madden? Now I suggest that Toffoli has been undervalued, he IS a 30 goalscorer in the past. Nonetheless, I have all the confidence to say that Madden would've done more for the Canucks than Toffoli ever will. Madden is a fantastic prospect and should become a great NHL player.

That's what I've been trying to say in the other thread. Kid is a highly touted prospect, not just some random B prospect with a bottom 6 upside.

Crazy that they get that kind of guy plus a second rounder for rental Toffoli. Especially on a team that should have no cup aspiration. This looks like a panic move because Boeser is injured long term.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
The more I see what this rental market looks like this season, the less I want any of the big ticket players. Other teams asking for Newhook and Timmins can't be laughed out of the building anymore.

Give me a decent 3C who can kill penalties and call it good, there's no reason to mortgage our entire future to go all in this year when we have years left on MacKinnon's deal.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

Here's what's going on: Jim Benning is an incompetent GM, and shored up his previous desperation move (Ferland) that failed with an even bigger desperation move.

Also, ownership has been meddlesome from the start and put the brakes on Gillis's bid to rebuild the team because they didn't want to lose out on playoff revenue. They only view making the big show as the endgame because it's not about winning it all for them--it's about maximizing profit.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Brady Tkachuk is on his way to be the first player in NHL history to have 300 shots and 300 hits in one season

Reactions: Papa Francouz

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Seems like a PITA to have your farm team in the States for a Canadian Club... but I really don't know shit about the logistics of farm teams.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Seems like a PITA to have your farm team in the States for a Canadian Club... but I really don't know **** about the logistics of farm teams.

This is a major generalization, but minor league teams in Canada tend to fair off worse money wise than those teams in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad