2019-2020 Around the League Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
I'm a little more disappointed in Biz to be honest. I don't see what that's going to do--Carcillo has repeatedly said he was a mental trainwreck when he played and has apologized repeatedly. Doesn't excuse his past behavior but if we're just going to dismiss one guy who's working hard to try and fix the game and hockey's broken culture with one tweet from a guy who apparently thinks things are fine, I don't really know what to say.
This ain't it chief. Racists like Carcillo need to apologize and then get the f*** out of the public eye, not seek a second career 'apologizing' over and over. Who gives a shit what he's trying to do, he's an untouchable. We can fight CTE without that PoS being a part of it. He disgusts me and I hate that he gets any attention because it's clear he is seeking it. One time racist slip ups and you can come back from it. Racist for 10+ years of your life? No no, there's no redemption there.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Can Draisaitl collect the Hart now or are they really going to make him wait until June?

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Blues lose in regulation

upload_2020-2-16_17-34-40.png

upload_2020-2-16_17-34-56.png

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
This ain't it chief. Racists like Carcillo need to apologize and then get the **** out of the public eye, not seek a second career 'apologizing' over and over. Who gives a **** what he's trying to do, he's an untouchable. We can fight CTE without that PoS being a part of it. He disgusts me and I hate that he gets any attention because it's clear he is seeking it. One time racist slip ups and you can come back from it. Racist for 10+ years of your life? No no, there's no redemption there.

Don’t know if that’s your call to make. It’s not mine either. Frankly most fans of color I’m reading are way more mad at Biz right now.

And I don’t think he was “racist for 10-plus years”, he said some racial epithets on the ice, including some directed at one of his teammates. Unfortunately that was kinda commonplace (it was also commonplace in youth hockey when I played, I imagine it was WAY worse at higher levels). He said he wanted to publicly announce the thing with Biz and own it, Biz told him not to, then used it against him years later. Biz didn’t make anything better with that post and he didn’t intend to either, he just wanted to land a big punch on someone who was annoying him.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
2-7-3 in last 12 for the Blues.

Now that's the kind of stretch where it would be justifiable to be very pissed off an greatly concerned about the final stretch and playoff run as a fan.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Don’t know if that’s your call to make. It’s not mine either. Frankly most fans of color I’m reading are way more mad at Biz right now.

And I don’t think he was “racist for 10-plus years”, he said some racial epithets on the ice, including some directed at one of his teammates. Unfortunately that was kinda commonplace (it was also commonplace in youth hockey when I played, I imagine it was WAY worse at higher levels). He said he wanted to publicly announce the thing with Biz and own it, Biz told him not to, then used it against him years later. Biz didn’t make anything better with that post and he didn’t intend to either, he just wanted to land a big punch on someone who was annoying him.
Fair enough. I don't think Carcillo deserves any airtime though, even if the message is good.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
The Stars really shouldn’t be rewarded for turning hockey into a snoozefest. I’d almost prefer the Blues stayed 1st in the West than have Dallas be there because they get points for not winning in regulation.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Stars lose in OT at least. Today could have been much much worse, I'll take it.

Two games in hand on both teams. One win and we're above both.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Imagine if Dallas does win the West...

Avs/Blues first round matchup. Two of the teams largely considered a tier above the rest of the West and they have to play in the first round.

Thankfully we still control out own fate and 1st is ours for the taking with these games in hand.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
Anyone catch this Lindros interview on SN during the 2nd intermission of Leafs-Sabres? Don't think he's doing himself any favors.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Anyone catch this Lindros interview on SN during the 2nd intermission of Leafs-Sabres? Don't think he's doing himself any favors.
What did he say? I know he was slated to discuss why he didn't want to play in Quebec and the Sportsnet panel seemed to be insinuating that it'd reveal a lot of unknown information to basically make Lindros likeable - even though that's very tough lol.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
He blamed it all on Aubut, saying that if their ownership had been different he'd have signed. Which contradicts a lot of what he was saying at the time and after. Then he went on to say that Aubut spent money and influence to have friends in the media drag him (Lindros) through the mud. It was sad.

Reactions: dahrougem2

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
He blamed it all on Aubut, saying that if their ownership had been different he'd have signed. Which contradicts a lot of what he was saying at the time and after. Then he went on to say that Aubut spent money and influence to have friends in the media drag him (Lindros) through the mud. It was sad.

No one likes Aubut so I don't think he's hurting himself by saying that. Lindros' mom wasn't exactly a Saint either though.

A lot of people here realized what really happened after Lindros married a French Canadian. The common belief at the time that Lindros rejected Quebec was that Lindros wouldn't come here because his family didn't like French Canadians. It was pretty bad thing to say, especially the timing of it (in the middle of a Quebec nationalism crisis in the early 90's).

Now I don't know if Aubut was responsible for spreading those fake rumors but f*** him anyway. He's just not a good person.

As much as Lindros looked arrogant and like a bully when he was younger, he sounds like a good dude now. I really like him in interviews.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Kypreos and Lavoie got burned pretty bad recently. It's that time of the year where people try to get scoops...

4QZwqOF.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad