2019-2020 Around the League Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tike Myson

Jan 1, 2019
USA
Leafs could miss the playoffs and they traded their first just to get rid of Marleau. Yikes.

35B319B8-DCFC-4DFF-A7AB-61BC3C05930E.gif

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
A shame about the Leafs. Babs really should've been fired after last season, and they simply screwed up the whole backup situation as badly as one could do so. You can tell they just don't trust Hutchinson, even in a game where Freddy was positively horrible.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Dubas is going to be a great GM one day, however, I think his campaign with the Leafs is a great learning lesson until he takes up his next job in the far future. I am quite happy that he didn't sign with us though.

Hughes' shot makes Girard's look like Shea Weber's.
Ehhhhhh, Hughes shot is better and heavier than Girard's so no dice Bal.

Reactions: dahrougem2

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
He's gonna need dentures when all is said and done.
He should be able to afford nice quality dental implants when his career is over. Just has to wait until retirement, because if you lose your implants, you can't get replacements.

Reactions: UncleRisto

avs1dacup

Jan 25, 2003
Denver, CO
Visit site
Corey Perry confirms, yet again, he's a POS! Not pushed into Stalock one bit!

Why is it SO hard for these game managers to call a goalie interference penalty? As an Avs fan, I've seen ONE in the last season and a half despite goalies constantly getting run. It should be automatic that any contact on a goalie in the crease without being pushed in is called a penalty. Also, the elbow or forearm to the head...did he not learn from his suspension? He should sit for 5+ for pulling that shit again.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Jets in free fall and Hawks are on fire these days.

If I'm Cheveldayoff I'm firing Maurice and hiring Gallant to try to save the season. Can't afford to miss the playoffs.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

If I'm Cheveldayoff I'm firing Maurice and hiring Gallant to try to save the season. Can't afford to miss the playoffs.
To be fair to Maurice (and I don't think he's all that great), what that team has been able to do with THAT defensive corps is astounding.

A lot of that is because of Hellebuyck, but man - that defence is legitimately gross.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

One, I seriously doubt Gallant takes that job.

Two, doubt he could make any difference. Winnipeg lost Byfuglien, Trouba, Myers, and Chiarot and replaced them with Niku, Pionk, Bitetto, and Luca frickin' Sbisa. That's simply too massive a downgrade on defense to withstand, even with the big talent they still have in front, and Snidely Whiplash could only do so much in goal.

Too bad Hellebuyck didn't decide to play like this a year ago following his Vezina finalist season. He was fairly average when the Jets were making one last stab with Trouba in the fold.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Maurice is the modern era's Ron Wilson--a quick-fix guy you bring in to salvage your team's fortunes who's astoundingly good at getting good performances out of grinder-types, but ultimately wears out his welcome before it's time for said team to take the next step.

It's a shame--I actually like Maurice quite a bit. He's really clever and talks the game really well. I think he'd be better off in the broadcast booth TBH.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers

You're assuming Gallant wants to live on the planet Hoth for half the season trying to revive a team that doesn't have the roster to compete in it's own division.

Gallant will have plenty of prime offers if he waits a bit.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
I still think he goes to Detroit, but we'll see.
If you’re gallant why would you do this?
He went to the scf two years ago and who knows about last year if it wasn’t for that insane ending to game 7 he’s not going to coach the worst team in the league in the midst of a 5 year rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad