Transfer: 2019-20 Winter Transfer News, Rumors, and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Read both Real Madrid and Barcelona are interested in signing Aubameyang this summer. I could see Real Madrid doing it but I don't think he'd fit in at Barca.

Love Auba, and he's been carrying the team for most of this season so far, but if RM/Barca offer a good fee I would sell him. He'll be 31 next summer and Arsenal could be better off by selling him, using the funds for a midfielder or centerback, and then building the attack around Martinelli/Nelson/Saka - Lacazette - Pepe.

Unfortunately, I'm not that confident in Arsenal being able to identify the proper CB target to spend the money on.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Love Auba, and he's been carrying the team for most of this season so far, but if RM/Barca offer a good fee I would sell him. He'll be 31 next summer and Arsenal could be better off by selling him, using the funds for a midfielder or centerback, and then building the attack around Martinelli/Nelson/Saka - Lacazette - Pepe.

Unfortunately, I'm not that confident in Arsenal being able to identify the proper CB target to spend the money on.

Either one of Aubameyang or Lacazette should be sold in the summer to create a more balanced team, but I would preferably sell Lacazette if I had to choose, despite the age difference. Auba is in prime physical shape and probably has a few years left in him, Lacazettes consistent injury problems worry me about his future.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Plenty of rumours over here as well, mostly hearing he's already agreed to leave Genk in the January window
I was really hoping he would have come over to Brighton in the Summer when that was a brief rumour. Don't know much about him other than watching clips, seems solid.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
I was really hoping he would have come over to Brighton in the Summer when that was a brief rumour. Don't know much about him other than watching clips, seems solid.

He wants a big club. Sheffield had a deal with Genk but he just flat out refused to go there.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I think it has been discussed in the past, but a lot of strong rumours out there the past couple of weeks that Haaland will be United's main transfer target in winter. Not sure if Salzburg will sell them in the winter, but supposedly Haaland's dad has met with United's staff multiple times in Manchester. Damn, that would be a decent get for United.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I think it has been discussed in the past, but a lot of strong rumours out there the past couple of weeks that Haaland will be United's main transfer target in winter. Not sure if Salzburg will sell them in the winter, but supposedly Haaland's dad has met with United's staff multiple times in Manchester. Damn, that would be a decent get for United.
If we go for ANOTHER expensive striker over a midfielder, it’s always going to end the same. Strikers can’t do anything when there’s no supporting midfielders. I’d much rather go for a center mid. Not that Haaland is bad by any means but we have 3 strikers for one position right now and 2 midfielders for 3 positions. Just doesn’t make sense.

Reactions: YNWA14

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
If we go for ANOTHER expensive striker over a midfielder, it’s always going to end the same. Strikers can’t do anything when there’s no supporting midfielders. I’d much rather go for a center mid. Not that Haaland is bad by any means but we have 3 strikers for one position right now and 2 midfielders for 3 positions. Just doesn’t make sense.

United definitely need to look at midfield (especially if Pogba goes), but I don't think you pass on the chance to sign Haaland. Plenty of central midfielders out there to be had including the one they could have signed this Summer.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
United definitely need to look at midfield (especially if Pogba goes), but I don't think you pass on the chance to sign Haaland. Plenty of central midfielders out there to be had including the one they could have signed this Summer.
I agree that they could easily sign both. Shit they could sign 8 Haalands and still have enough for a midfielder. The problem is they won’t. They might make one signing in winter if we are lucky and it needs to be a midfielder.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I agree that they could easily sign both. **** they could sign 8 Haalands and still have enough for a midfielder. The problem is they won’t. They might make one signing in winter if we are lucky and it needs to be a midfielder.

Well Haaland is going to cost quite a lot so I don't think 8 is realistic, but I take your point. I'd also have a look at CB. They could do a few different things at CB, but no matter what I'd still buy one.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Well Haaland is going to cost quite a lot so I don't think 8 is realistic, but I take your point. I'd also have a look at CB. They could do a few different things at CB, but no matter what I'd still buy one.
Yeah I think a CB, LB, RW, and CM are the most important needs right now. CB and LB less so with the emergence of Tuanzebe and Williams and I would wait until summer to see what we have in these two. Honestly this winter I go out and get someone like Morgan Sanson, John McGinn, maybe even someone like Doucoure to push Pogba further forward and then someone like Gareth Bale if they can get him cheap enough. I think Sancho, Haaland, etc. is just an absolute dream at this point. We are 7th in the table and not looking like we are going to break top 4. Only way we get to the CL is by winning the EL (which off to a good start, results wise, but play wise not great). I think McGinn is the best bet at this point for midfield. It seems like he would be similar to James where he is willing to fight for his minutes (even if he should be gifted them) and that he would play for the club and not the paycheck. Bale would be the opposite almost but that’s okay. We could afford him and he would instantly improve our team.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Honestly, I might not do a lot if I’m them in the winter. Save it for the summer and Poch or a new director of football. Don’t buy guys for a manager who probably won’t be there.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Honestly, I might not do a lot if I’m them in the winter. Save it for the summer and Poch or a new director of football. Don’t buy guys for a manager who probably won’t be there.
If we don’t buy anyone then it greatly limits our chances in the summer cause no way we make CL.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If we don’t buy anyone then it greatly limits our chances in the summer cause no way we make CL.
Man Utd doesn’t need to make CL to sign players. They will overpay on wages to the point where it is irrelevant. Them and City are the only teams in the top six that can flex that way.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Sounds like Mourinho is going to push hard for Bale (who would have seen that coming?)

Hope Madrid stick to their guns and don't sell him. He'll be a nightmare (for a few seasons, while healthy) with Mourinho and that team.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Bild is saying Goetze is open to staying, but only if Favre leaves.

Quite positive news, actually. Favre wont be here after the season, so maybe we’ll be able to extend Goetze sometime in the late Spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce