Transfer: 2019-20 Winter Transfer News, Rumors, and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
He'd be a heck of an improvement over Lingard/Periera at the 10

Not holding my breath for it to happen in January (or really at all) though.
Apparently it was Sporting that approached United, offering Bruno? Sounds about right for Woodward lmao. The word is he's going to be cheaper than in the summer so I assume Sporting doesn't want to pay his wages and nobody is coming in for him...

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Giroud to Inter is a good move for both parties. Inter plays with two CF's, they play more to his strengths than most top teams, and they have a shortage of strikers. I suspect he'll be their 3rd striker after Lukaku and Lautaro. They had been using Esposito as the 3rd striker for the time being because Alexis Sanchez was injured, but Sanchez isn't much of a striker either. You can't play Inter football with Lautaro and Sanchez as your two main strikers.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

Yeah, both clubs had matches and Fernandes scored two more goals. Here are his numbers thus far this season per WhoScored?:

EL: 5 goals, 3 assists, 4 MOTM, highest rated player in the tournament
Liga NOS: 8 goals, 7 assists, 4 MOTM, highest rated player in the tournament

And to think it's money plus players which means Sporting aren't getting anybody that good. United and a lot of other clubs should have been in on him over the Summer.

Reactions: Gecklund

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Please don't be true.
Bruno is the 2nd best player that I have seen perform against Liverpool this season. Could do without that, but if it looks like United has a free run at him. Can’t really complain too much though.

Cucumber

The best
Feb 7, 2014
Not that I necessarily think you'll get him, but imagine if you get Sancho too. Imagine if you'd have got Haaland.
hopefully sancho comes and we can sell Martial. Nothing against the guy. He is a decent player in some games but just not Utd standard if man utd want to be the best in England again. If he is ok being a rotation player then by all means I would love him like that. He reminds me a lot of Walcott. A fast pacy winger who can play the #9 and will do the job on smaller teams but in certain key moments of the season, he seems to struggle

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
hopefully sancho comes and we can sell Martial. Nothing against the guy. He is a decent player in some games but just not Utd standard if man utd want to be the best in England again. If he is ok being a rotation player then by all means I would love him like that. He reminds me a lot of Walcott. A fast pacy winger who can play the #9 and will do the job on smaller teams but in certain key moments of the season, he seems to struggle
Martial is definitely better than Walcott. I disagree about selling him too unless Greenwood proves to be ready to start every game. Even then we will hopefully be back at top level and playing in the CL so we will need that extra versatility. I also doubt Sancho comes but that’s another topic. I see much more of a Lacazette type player.

Also Duncan Castles saying that the players in the Bruno deal is Angel Gomes, Joel Pereira, and Marcos Rojo. So basically only Gomes who wouldn’t have a spot with Bruno and Andreas (who has been better recently and is versatile).

Last edited:

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Not that I necessarily think you'll get him, but imagine if you get Sancho too. Imagine if you'd have got Haaland.

Yeah I think the only shot we have at Sancho is if we finish top 4. Bruno would help with that. And adding Sancho and Bruno to our attack would be incredible, but also very unlikely.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
We're not in the position to sell any starters and won't be for a few more years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad