Transfer: 2019-20 Winter Transfer News, Rumors, and Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Rumors swirling Barca want Torres. I wouldnt be opposed to it but I would also see Mikel. I'd try to offload Greizz too.Maybe line next year's trident like

Mikel-Martinez-Sancho/Torres or really get creative and try Kai. I'm weary of how he would adapt to that position since all I see him is in the free role which is just stellar at.

And where do we get all the money for these transfers?

Let's just find a good coach, sign Martinez/Sancho and call it a day

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Neymar is going to Barca in the summer so I don’t know why you guys are dreaming of Sancho or Lautaro.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
And where do we get all the money for these transfers?

Let's just find a good coach, sign Martinez/Sancho and call it a day

I did say we off load greizzman. Theres also money coming in from Couts and probably Dembele.

Kai shouldnt cost more than 50 million. Mikel too. Martinez around 100 so its not like these would be astronomical. Barca did send roughly around that for the brazilian and french reject. Although that was Neymar money.

Neymar is going to Barca in the summer so I don’t know why you guys are dreaming of Sancho or Lautaro.

lautaro is heading to barca... at this point theres too much smoke.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
I did say we off load greizzman. Theres also money coming in from Couts and probably Dembele.

Kai shouldnt cost more than 50 million. Mikel too. Martinez around 100 so its not like these would be astronomical. Barca did send roughly around that for the brazilian and french reject. Although that was Neymar money.

lautaro is heading to barca... at this point theres too much smoke.
Who are you offloading Griezmann to, exactly?

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
And who can afford his wages? PSG and maybe Juve? Good luck. Nobody's taking Dembele and Coutinho either btw
Lool where did you come up with this? A number of teams can afford his wages.

Dembele has stalled and has injuries but someone would take a flyer on his immense talent. Not the same price as barca of course but they will pay. Couts already plays for munich on loan. They wont take him on the price thats set but i can see him going there on a discount. Its not as if these players arent serviceable anymore. Hell Greizzman hasnt even been bad for barca just used poorly.

Reactions: Cassano

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Somebody will sign Couts and surely wr could fetch at least 80-100 for Griezz. Dembele I say we keep at this point.

Havertz would cost closer to 100 than 50. Mikel would be too smart of a sign for this board

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Somebody will sign Couts and surely wr could fetch at least 80-100 for Griezz. Dembele I say we keep at this point.

Havertz would cost closer to 100 than 50. Mikel would be too smart of a sign for this board
Would take any one of them at Arsenal...

Especially Coutinho. I think a move was actually close between the two clubs for a loan this summer. Didn't make sense at the time because they splurged for Pepe and Ceballos, but with the attack being so terrible this season, I think it's something that can be looked into again.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Nobody is going to be spending 100 million Euros Griezmann, he's going to be sold as a loss likewise with Coutinho and Dembele.

I agree that Neymar is definitely heading back to Barca, but it will be interesting to see how much funds because that deal to PSG was so effin' complicated and had so many moving parts and fees in it. If they decide to negate all these secondary hidden fees and just repay the initiation fee then Barca would be good.

However, it's going to be very interesting to see how much money and potential tax payer money they're going to use. Neymar and Martinez could be 300+ million for both and that would be more if they go after Sancho instead. Griezmann will still get 70+, but Coutinho and Dembele won't be going for anything they initiationally went for that's for sure.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
My grandma proves better than Matic and he was still playing.
To be fair Matic has been pretty good lately. But assuming we sign a DM this summer him being 3rd/4th/5th choice could be more than fine. I can’t imagine he’d be penciled in as one of our first two options.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Meunier linked with Dortmund by a few sources. I think he's a back up option if Hakimi goes back to Madrid. I don't think we'll have two RB's of that caliber. I prefer Hakimi, but Meunier is good.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
To be fair Matic has been pretty good lately. But assuming we sign a DM this summer him being 3rd/4th/5th choice could be more than fine. I can’t imagine he’d be penciled in as one of our first two options.

Yea if he’s around to play the Mata type role, I’m fine with that.

If he’s around to be right behind Fred/McTominay on the depth chart and start whenever one of them is injured/needs rest, that’s not good.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Yea if he’s around to play the Mata type role, I’m fine with that.

If he’s around to be right behind Fred/McTominay on the depth chart and start whenever one of them is injured/needs rest, that’s not good.
Behind RW, CDM is probably our most pressing need so I would assume that we acquire one this summer so Matic isn’t required to be relied on too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad