Transfer: 2019-20 Winter Transfer News, Rumors, and Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I just think it's silly to count an injury of 5+ months differently than a permanent loss of a player due to a release clause.

If a 5+ month injury is an emergency that justifies a signing outside of the normal window then having a player removed from your team outside of your control should also count as an injury.
You then would have an endless cycle of release clauses until there is the poor club left at the end with no partner. It's why the emergency transfer shouldn't exist IMO. Have it be open to free agents, but besides that use your reserves and youth.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
You then would have an endless cycle of release clauses until there is the poor club left at the end with no partner. It's why the emergency transfer shouldn't exist IMO. Have it be open to free agents, but besides that use your reserves and youth.

I don't disagree with that, I'm just commenting on the logic of losing a player temporarily being more significant than losing a player permanently.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I just think it's silly to count an injury of 5+ months differently than a permanent loss of a player due to a release clause.

If a 5+ month injury is an emergency that justifies a signing outside of the normal window then having a player removed from your team outside of your control should also count as an injury.

Are you suggesting doing a Nancy Kerrigan on your own player right before he gets bought out?

Elliman

Jun 29, 2016
New York
So you didn’t go out and party? Good for you.

He can’t be trusted. He lied his ass off to the Irish FA and management team. He went on binges mixing alcohol, drugs and nitrous oxides many times.
He’s failed drug tests, pictured face down in the street gutter (literally) and you think I want this guy anywhere United? Hell no. I don’t want the negative press he’ll bring or possible off-field problems. If he thinks he’s got it “bad” at Aston Villa wait until he plays for one of the biggest clubs in the world. You can’t even fart without it getting reported.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Tons of smoke about Timo Werner to LFC that it is almost burning...

Klopp not denying today in an interview. Klopp basically said that the comment by Werner that Liverpool is a great team is flattering and better than somebody telling it's a shit club and then laughed.

Now LFC top journalist James Pearce just claimed that he would actually be VERY surprised if Werner is not a liverpool player by the expiry date of his release clause.

Reactions: Savant

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
He can’t be trusted. He lied his ass off to the Irish FA and management team. He went on binges mixing alcohol, drugs and nitrous oxides many times.
He’s failed drug tests, pictured face down in the street gutter (literally) and you think I want this guy anywhere United? Hell no. I don’t want the negative press he’ll bring or possible off-field problems. If he thinks he’s got it “bad” at Aston Villa wait until he plays for one of the biggest clubs in the world. You can’t even fart without it getting reported.
I assume you hate Rooney, too, right?

Reactions: Gecklund

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Tons of smoke about Timo Werner to LFC that it is almost burning...

Klopp not denying today in an interview. Klopp basically said that the comment by Werner that Liverpool is a great team is flattering and better than somebody telling it's a shit club and then laughed.

Now LFC top journalist James Pearce just claimed that he would actually be VERY surprised if Werner is not a liverpool player by the expiry date of his release clause.
If Pearce is that confident (he is) that holds A LOT of water.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I mean, if the clause is real, and he’s open to going, they would be stupid not to go get him. Though that means some finagling with players to keep everyone happy

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Some reports out there mentioning that if Sokratis isn't going to get more minutes, he's going to take the high road out. Ummmm, yes please Artera?!

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Some reports out there mentioning that if Sokratis isn't going to get more minutes, he's going to take the high road out. Ummmm, yes please Artera?!
Reports also state Demiral is a targeted replacement. Don't know how to feel about that, he looks like he has great physical ability and can be dominant at times but also seems very prone to error and lapses in concentration. So basically another Sokratis. He has much larger potential though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad