Transfer: 2019-20 Winter Transfer News, Rumors, and Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Lovren has his faults but he is still better than most the CBs in the PL. Certainly better than the majority of 3rd CBs.
I don’t know about in the top 6 though. I’d take over him: (parenthesis are based on potential)

United: Maguire, Lindelof, Bailly, (Tuanzebe)
City: Laporte, Stones, Fernandinho, Otamendi
Spurs: Alderweireld, Sanchez, Vertoghen
Arsenal: Holding, Luis, Sokratis, (Saliba),
Chelsea: Rudiger, Christensen, (Zouma), (Tomori)

Reactions: AB13

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Lovren is pretty underrated if that’s a list of defenders you’d take over him.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I don’t know about in the top 6 though. I’d take over him: (parenthesis are based on potential)

United: Maguire, Lindelof, Bailly, (Tuanzebe)
City: Laporte, Stones, Fernandinho, Otamendi
Spurs: Alderweireld, Sanchez, Vertoghen
Arsenal: Holding, Luis, Sokratis, (Saliba),
Chelsea: Rudiger, Christensen, (Zouma), (Tomori)
No use getting into it but except for 6-8 of those, none are outright better than Lovren

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
No use getting into it but except for 6-8 of those, none are outright better than Lovren
A lot are on a similar level to me or Lovren wouldn’t be enough of an upgrade over them. Arsenal are the only ones I would think he’d be a clear upgrade too but I’d think they’d rather go for a younger D.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Like Lovren is the exact player Arsenal needs and that we don't already have like 4 defenders currently like him...

...meaning Arsenal will buy him at all costs. :facepalm:

Reactions: AB13

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He should sign with United. He'd be a very good signing there and would start. He'd also be a good signing for Liverpool, but I can't see him not being Fabinho's back up.

Nearly every source has us signing this guy.

It seems like what happens with Hakimi isn't yet settled. I'd prefer to bring him back, but if Madrid wants to keep him, we need another RB, so signing Meunier made sense. I think they can co-exist at Dortmund.

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Liverpool linked to Ferran Torres by David Maddock today.

another right sided player. Discount Sancho?

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I’m sure some of the rumors in the last week are real, but there’s too much uncertainty for anything to have much merit at this point. There might not be a summer transfer window. We don’t know.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Liverpool linked to Ferran Torres by David Maddock today.

another right sided player. Discount Sancho?
Sad. If we go Torres it's obvious we have given up on Sancho.

Don't get me wrong I like Torres but Sancho is a better talent.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Sad. If we go Torres it's obvious we have given up on Sancho.

Don't get me wrong I like Torres but Sancho is a better talent.
Yes and no. Let’s say Sancho is A better talent. Is he twice as good? His price tag will reflect that.
Would you rather have Sancho or Werner and Torres?

Also some are saying that LFC would need to sell one of Mane, Firmino or Salah to find a Sancho move. Is that a sacrifice you’d make?

could be a happy medium. Still think they need a left sided player more than a right sided player, but they can worry about that

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Yes and no. Let’s say Sancho is A better talent. Is he twice as good? His price tag will reflect that.

Also some are saying that LFC would need to sell one of Mane, Firmino or Salah to find a Sancho move. Is that a sacrifice you’d make?

could be a happy medium. Still think they need a left sided player more than a right sided player, but they can worry about that
If it's Werner and Torres, it's an overkill.

If it's Werner and Havertz (sign me up)

As for Sancho... I would sell Salah to get him a spot and I would considerate it a lot with Mane (if the rumors that Real Madrid are very interested in him).

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I would probably sell Salah for Sancho, though I would feel sad because even though I feel Salah has become one of the most overrated players on the planet he still has done a lot of great things for LFC in a short time. Mane would be tougher to part with, IMO, but if it meant Sancho...maybe.

I'd rather have Werner + Torres.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York

I’d much rather have Sancho than Werner and Torres. Torres is a kid with potential. He’s not going to help you win games now. You aren’t improving your team for now by bringing him in. If he improves your team, it’ll come later on.

That makes it Sancho or Werner+ a prospect. Liverpool could easily use one of their own academy players in that scenario. I’m not saying their potential is the same as Torres, but like Torres, they aren’t going to help results right now like Sancho and Werner will. In that instance, I’ll take quality over quantity.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I’d much rather have Sancho than Werner and Torres. Torres is a kid with potential. He’s not going to help you win games now. You aren’t improving your team for now by bringing him in. If he improves your team, it’ll come later on.

That makes it Sancho or Werner+ a prospect. Liverpool could easily use one of their own academy players in that scenario. I’m not saying their potential is the same as Torres, but like Torres, they aren’t going to help results right now like Sancho and Werner will. In that instance, I’ll take quality over quantity.
Exactly.
I actually think Sancho type of player are not available every year. He is not even in his prime and he has shown improvement every year. I also think Klopp could do wonder with him, like Ballon D'or contender. If it means making place for him I would definitely consider it. I think money should not been an issue because LFC could raise significant money if they sell some squad players: Harry Wilson, Xherdan Shaqiri, Divock Origi, Marko Grujic, Awoniyi, Karius.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Depends I guess on if he immediately improves your team or not. Would Sancho be an immediate upgrade on Salah/Mane? I’d say maybe over Salah but it’s not cut and dry. It’s not as simple as just buying the best talent and making it work.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Depends I guess on if he immediately improves your team or not. Would Sancho be an immediate upgrade on Salah/Mane? I’d say maybe over Salah but it’s not cut and dry. It’s not as simple as just buying the best talent and making it work.
I mean even if he isn’t an immediate upgrade of Salah, he’s right there and much younger so it makes sense as a long term buy.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Martinez to barca is heating up. I think this one is pretty much done once everything settles down. He wants them, barca want him and inter sell soo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad