Transfer: 2019-20 Winter Transfer News, Rumors, and Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Not sure if you are being a Barca homer or just dense on why the rules are ridiculous.
How is it being a homer... not happy with what barca did sold off B players just to buy a no name player. Wasted money and resources when it could've been used elsewhere. Barca totally botched this window. I would've been happier to call up the likes of Callado or give Puig more minutes. However, the rules are there for a reason and it makes sense to allow teams to have emergency signings. I have not seen anyone up in arms about this before but as soon as Barca took "advantage" boom its a travesty.

As if anyone on here knew who the f*** this guy was or even watched 2 minutes of Leganes. So please spare me the tears.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
How is it being a homer... not happy with what barca did sold off B players just to buy a no name player. Wasted money and resources when it could've been used elsewhere. Barca totally botched this window. I would've been happier to call up the likes of Callado or give Puig more minutes. However, the rules are there for a reason and it makes sense to allow teams to have emergency signings. I have not seen anyone up in arms about this before but as soon as Barca took "advantage" boom its a travesty.

As if anyone on here knew who the f*ck this guy was or even watched 2 minutes of Leganes. So please spare me the tears.
How many times has this happened in the past, I'd be up in arms if Chelsea did it, it has nothing to do with Barca. The fact that Leganes can not sign a replacement is why it's ridiculous. The rules make Barca sign a free agent or someone from La Liga. Obviously someone from La Liga will most likely be better. Since Leganes doesn't have an injury to qualify for the rule, they are simply screwed. The fact that Leganes was forced into the situation because of a release clause is why it's ridiculous.

Why does it matter if no one here has followed the career of Martin Braithwaite or are Leganes supporters. We can call out bad and ridiculous rules as much as anyone else.

I don't see why you can't understand why the situation is ridiculous.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
How many times has this happened in the past, I'd be up in arms if Chelsea did it, it has nothing to do with Barca. The fact that Leganes can not sign a replacement is why it's ridiculous. The rules make Barca sign a free agent or someone from La Liga. Obviously someone from La Liga will most likely be better. Since Leganes doesn't have an injury to qualify for the rule, they are simply screwed. The fact that Leganes was forced into the situation because of a release clause is why it's ridiculous.

Why does it matter if no one here has followed the career of Martin Braithwaite or are Leganes supporters. We can call out bad and ridiculous rules as much as anyone else.

I don't see why you can't understand why the situation is ridiculous.

Not sure how many times it has happened but it has. No different when a when a big team pays the release clause of small teams who dont wanna sell. Those are the rules and they're in place for a legitimate reason. IT matters because your lot is acting like its a tragedy.

Those are the rules they're in place for good reason. I don't see why you cant understand why it isnt

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Not sure how many times it has happened but it has. No different when a when a big team pays the release clause of small teams who dont wanna sell. Those are the rules and they're in place for a legitimate reason. IT matters because your lot is acting like its a tragedy.

Those are the rules they're in place for good reason. I don't see why you cant understand why it isnt
It is different from when big teams pay release clauses of small teams who don't want to sell. When it happens in a transfer window, that team can still buy a replacement.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
It is different from when big teams pay release clauses of small teams who don't want to sell. When it happens in a transfer window, that team can still buy a replacement.
Fair point but the rule is there for a reason. Acting like its a conspiracy is hilarious.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
I agree with the others that say that the rule is unfair. It looks to me like it is an outdated rule that made sense in another era and that people just forgot or no one was expected to use. It is even sadder to see a team with vast resources like Barcelona use it to poach a vital player from a team facing relegation so that they can staple him to the bench.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
He's scored all of 6 goals in like 25 games, surely he won't be the difference between going down or staying up for Leganes. They're in last place even with him in the team so that's saying something as well. Not to mention they get 18m for a player which probably no team would even pay half of that for.

But yeah, it's a dumb rule

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
He's scored all of 6 goals in like 25 games, surely he won't be the difference between going down or staying up for Leganes. They're in last place even with him in the team so that's saying something as well. Not to mention they get 18m for a player which probably no team would even pay half of that for.

But yeah, it's a dumb rule
He's their top scorer and assist provider. With 1 win, they're out of relegation as well. It's tight at the bottom.

And they won't be able to sign a replacement for some reason.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Everyone crapped on United for signing Ighalo because we needed a warm body to avoid an injury crisis to end the season. Sure he isn't great but at least there was some foresight there that somehow Barca didn't have?

Reactions: bleedblue1223
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad