Status
Not open for further replies.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I think transfers will play something like this:

+: Tah/Magalhães/Upamecano, J. David, Cazorla, Brahim, Cedric
-: Sokratis, Lacazette, Ozil, Mustafi, Xhaka, Mkhitaryan
I’d be surprised if Arsenal got 2 of those players let alone all of them.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I am not sure if Dybala is what they need in any case. I know he is Argentinean and therefore brilliant on this board, but I think another type of forward would fit them much better - Haaland as an example (obviously chance gone now).

I think Utd could have outbid everyone else for these players. Dybala is not moving to RM for 150m. Sancho is another story.

I think Utd will do the stupid thing and continue with Martial. For some reason he is the type of player everyone seem to think will at some point become consistent. The only way I could rationalise that would be if Martial can´t step up then Rashford/Greenwood play as a 9 as Sancho takes one of the spots on the wing. So give Martial one more year...

In terms of the #9, I think what United need most is a guy who can be a clinical finisher.

If you had an attack with Rashford on one side, Sancho on the other, and Fernandes at the 10 you're going to get chance and you need to be able to bury them.

Greenwood looks like he has the potential to turn into that guy, but I think it's still a couple years early to put that on him.

Reactions: Gecklund

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Why is that?
Why would they get any of those players? Leipzig/Gladbach are currently better than Arsenal, David wouldn’t get playing time, Brahim would be better going to a Spanish side on loan, Cedric/Cazorla I could see.

I also highly doubt you sell all those players for actual money. I think Lacazette is the only one that might bring back money. The rest won’t get much and Arsenal are still paying off the transfers from last season.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I think transfers will play something like this:

+: Tah/Magalhães/Upamecano, J. David, Cazorla, Brahim, Cedric
-: Sokratis, Lacazette, Ozil, Mustafi, Xhaka, Mkhitaryan

Sources have been pretty clear about Arteta targeting a box to box midfielder, which is badly needed, a lot more than someone like Brahim I think. Central midfield is our weakest area.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
In terms of the #9, I think what United need most is a guy who can be a clinical finisher.

If you had an attack with Rashford on one side, Sancho on the other, and Fernandes at the 10 you're going to get chance and you need to be able to bury them.

Greenwood looks like he has the potential to turn into that guy, but I think it's still a couple years early to put that on him.

Don't disagree. Martial kind of got the attributes theoretically. Haaland would have been perfect. Fast enough to keep up on the CA (as is Martial), strong enough to hold his own and clearly a decent finisher.

Dybala would obviously score in such a setup, but not sure why you would break the bank for him. He is not someone that will score 20+ goals season after season.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Why would they get any of those players? Leipzig/Gladbach are currently better than Arsenal, David wouldn’t get playing time, Brahim would be better going to a Spanish side on loan, Cedric/Cazorla I could see.

I also highly doubt you sell all those players for actual money. I think Lacazette is the only one that might bring back money. The rest won’t get much and Arsenal are still paying off the transfers from last season.

- Players leave for money/PL football all the time now
- David would most definitely get playing time if Lacazette/Aubameyang are sold
- Brahim worked under Arteta at City, so I think the connection there. He won't play for Madrid. He also left City for most first team opportunities in the first place.
- Xhaka was nearly sold to Berlin for quite a bit, so you're off base there. Roma made a permanent offer for Mkhitaryan as well.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Sources have been pretty clear about Arteta targeting a box to box midfielder, which is badly needed, a lot more than someone like Brahim I think. Central midfield is our weakest area.
Brahim is Dani Ceballos replacement

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Brahim is Dani Ceballos replacement

I would not be opposed to signing Brahim but he is not a similar player to Ceballos at all. Ceballos is more of a deep ball progressor who plays linebreaking passes from a deeper role than Brahim, while Brahim is someone who plays higher up the field and relies on delivering key passes in the final third.

I would like someone like Soumare instead, a player that offers a physical prescence we deeply lack in midfield and is great at progressing the ball from deep, as well as being good defensively and a tireless runner. He is the type of player we miss, as we are often physically overmatched in midfield while struggling to find proper balance, and his passing suits our intended way of playing with Arteta as manager.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
- Players leave for money/PL football all the time now
- David would most definitely get playing time if Lacazette/Aubameyang are sold
- Brahim worked under Arteta at City, so I think the connection there. He won't play for Madrid. He also left City for most first team opportunities in the first place.
- Xhaka was nearly sold to Berlin for quite a bit, so you're off base there. Roma made a permanent offer for Mkhitaryan as well.
How often do players leave CL teams for the PL/Money?

No he wouldn’t.

Brahim also left City under Arteta and he plays the same position as Pepe

Xhaka was nearly sold for 20Mish and great on Mkh, doesn’t mean it’s much

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
How often do players leave CL teams for the PL/Money?

Literally just this summer. Pepe left CL team to join Arsenal. Same with David Luiz, Dani Ceballos. Sokratis the season before. Lacazette the one before that.

No he wouldn’t.
Yes he would Lol. He'd definitely get minutes. Saka and Martinelli are gonna finish the season with 1000+ mins each.

Brahim also left City under Arteta and he plays the same position as Pepe

He left City because he wasn't getting first team opportunities. He'll get that with Arsenal...

Xhaka was nearly sold for 20Mish and great on Mkh, doesn’t mean it’s much
Agreed, but wages off the books too.

Reactions: AB13

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I think you mean the Babelcopter.

but if that isn’t just juice to lead the hype machine in overtime. He could’ve easily batted it away.

I’m definitely getting a kit

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Tah would be a great signing, especially at a reasonable price like that.

Sounds like Cazorla actually wants to come back, uhmmmmmm yes please.

The way Arsenal was using Ox and considering the amount of injuries he's sustained, I would gladly take the money.

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
ah yes, this is the upcoming transfer market where Arsenal spend money and fill the holes that have been glaring for quite a while.

got it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad