2019-20 UEFA Europa League

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Is it worth me turning on this game? Missed the first half but could still catch the second but kind of hesitant :/

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Should be, that was pathetic especially since the Portuguese guy got a yellow on the play.
Ehhh punishing embellishment would just be too difficult. There's no way to really know how much a foul hurts if there is contact; as someone who plays a lot of footy I can say that sometimes the most innocent looking contact can hurt the most. Sometimes something hurts a ton for a minute and then you can walk it off.

I know people like to make comparisons to 'big manly' sports like hockey and American football but there's a big difference when you aren't protected by equipment or don't expect to get hit/stomped/taken out, etc.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Ehhh punishing embellishment would just be too difficult. There's no way to really know how much a foul hurts if there is contact; as someone who plays a lot of footy I can say that sometimes the most innocent looking contact can hurt the most. Sometimes something hurts a ton for a minute and then you can walk it off.

I know people like to make comparisons to 'big manly' sports like hockey and American football but there's a big difference when you aren't protected by equipment or don't expect to get hit/stomped/taken out, etc.
And when you run 6k 7k 8k 9k 10k a game...

Reactions: YNWA14

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

What did the Portuguese guy get the yellow for then? If he thought it was a head butt it should've been red. So he must've known there was no real contact so why not give both a yellow or neither?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
What did the Portuguese guy get the yellow for then? If he thought it was a head butt it should've been red. So he must've known there was no real contact so why not give both a yellow or neither?
I'm not referring specifically to that play; I am not watching the game. I'm just saying punishing what you believe to be embellishment is just way too tough a call to implement, IMO.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
I'm not referring specifically to that play; I am not watching the game. I'm just saying punishing what you believe to be embellishment is just way too tough a call to implement, IMO.
It can be implemented at times for sure.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Pretty bad play by the keeper there. He took 2 little hops to the left for no reason at all which meant he could never get back to the right.

Was a decent free kick, but it wasn't hit with pace and should have been saved.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Glad I tuned in. Been my favourite player since he donned the jersey. Not to overhype a couple of nicely placed free kicks, but saved our asses so I hope he runs with it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad