2019-20 UEFA Europa League

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
So Wolfsberg, themselves a bit confusing considering the presence of the better known Wolfsburg, have three players on the field named Schmitz, Schmick and Schmidt :laugh:

Reactions: robertmac43

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Didn't watch it but saw from the lineups that James was central for Man U. Was that where he was actually playing and if so how did he look coming from the center?

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
10 straight away games without a win.

Since beating PSG on March 6th their away form is:

Loss to Arsenal 2-0
Loss to Wolves 2-1 (FA cup)
Loss to Wolves 2-1
Loss to Barca 3-0 (CL)
Loss to Everton 4-0
Draw to Huddersfield 1-1
Draw to Wolves 1-1
Draw to Southampton 1-1
Loss to West Ham 2-0
Draw to AZ Alkmaar 0-0 (EL)

So yea, 10 away games, 6 losses, 4 draws. 18 goals against and a pitiful 5 goals for.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
AZ deserved the win more than United did. Didn't play their best game, but I just love their offensive flow. It's very Dutch-like. Didn't let United record a shot on goal, as they played compact as a team. Stengs and Boadu didn't have their best games, but they were still dangerous at times.

Also, as I mentioned before, Feyenoord is mighty inconsistent, but the team has a high upside. They can really click and beat anyone out there, especially in De Kuip. Today they had a good day, beating Porto 2-0, while missing their best player in Kokcu. Karsdorp proving he should be Oranje's starting RB when fully healthy. Sweet goal.

Last edited:
Reactions: YNWA14

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
He was mostly on the left with Greenwood centrally. He looked about like he normally does. Dangerous at times but clearly not a super intelligent player.

He never has been the smartest player, just immensely fast and direct.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Insane header there by R9, great cross by Tierney, and the whole attack started with the worlds best CB! Another one for R9 wow!

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
AZ deserved the win more than United did. Didn't play their best game, but I just love their offensive flow. It's very Dutch-like. Didn't let United record a shot on goal, as they played compact as a team. Stengs and Boadu didn't have their best games, but they were still dangerous at times.

Also, as I mentioned before, Feyenoord is mighty inconsistent, but the team has a high upside. They can really click and beat anyone out there, especially in De Kuip. Today they had a good day, beating Porto 2-0, while missing their best player in Kokcu. Karsdorp proving he should be Oranje's starting RB when fully healthy. Sweet goal.
Have always liked Karsdorp so hopefully his return to fitness is complete and he finds the form he had before. Looked the goods before his injury issue.

Reactions: Ajacied

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Tierney looking dangerous coming down the left. Most balls across actually look possible to get on to, unlike Kolasinac!

Reactions: ecemleafs

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Martinez is a solid keeper, I hope he gets chance to prove himself for Argentina. Full confidence with him

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Let's be honest, aside from that one guy, we all know Arsenal weren't going to be challenging in the CL this year. So I have to say that games like this where the young talent get a chance to show off what they can do against a bit weaker competition are great for filling a disenchanted fan with optimism for the future. (And it's a heck of a lot better than scraping out draws against teams we should be running roughshod over.)

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Let's be honest, aside from that one guy, we all know Arsenal weren't going to be challenging in the CL this year. So I have to say that games like this where the young talent get a chance to show off what they can do against a bit weaker competition are great for filling a disenchanted fan with optimism for the future. (And it's a heck of a lot better than scraping out draws against teams we should be running roughshod over.)
ya i cant wait to see our first team stink it up again every PL matchweek.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Martinez is a solid keeper, I hope he gets chance to prove himself for Argentina. Full confidence with him
Doubtful.... he barely plays and Argentina have other options. None of which inspire confidence but are better than Martinez one would think.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Martinelli looks a player for sure.

Ihattaren with yet another assist. I hope Koeman not only convinces him to pick the Dutch but also calls him up to the senior team now...he's ready.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Martinelli looks a player for sure.

Ihattaren with yet another assist. I hope Koeman not only convinces him to pick the Dutch but also calls him up to the senior team now...he's ready.

Koeman needs to call up Stengs first. He's much more deserving. So frustrating seeing the likes of Strootman and Vilhena in Oranje over him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad