2019-20 UEFA Europa League

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Koeman needs to call up Stengs first. He's much more deserving. So frustrating seeing the likes of Strootman and Vilhena in Oranje over him.
I'd like to see them both called up tbh.

That said more and more I feel like Malen is a great modern striker. I'd love to see:

Malen
Memphis - Ihattaren - Promes
Stengs a great option for that also.

Reactions: Ajacied

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Arsenal could have such an exiting future with these brilliant youngsters! Martinelli with 2 goals and an assist, a constant danger to the defence. Tierney is class. More fun to watch these youngsters than the PL squad right now, no doubt about it.

Reactions: Rob

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Morelos is really good. Oddly enough I heard that because of his hot headed behavior his big move might be to MLS and not a big league. He is definitely good enough to play for the vast majority of teams in big leagues.
Hes good at bulling shit teams. Hed be found out at a higher level imo. Hes also a lunatic who gets wound up like diego Costa does.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Awful stuff from United even with 8 changes and a crap pitch. No shot on target, although Greenwood came close.

Fred :laugh: again. Whoever plays #10 looks invisible whether it's Mata or Lingard. Could go back to 4-3-3 to get Pogba further forward but then DM is a problem. Need Martial back too.

Reactions: robertmac43

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Celts top of the group after 2 matches. 2 more wins should be enough. 10 points usually gets it done and this isn't a group with a bottom feeder that gets nothing.

Reactions: sabremike

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Watched a bit of the Arsenal v Standard game but Standard just didn't came to play. Not that Arsenal's youngsters didn't play well because they absolutely did, but if you're going to defend like that you're not exactly making it hard on them either. Very disappointing to see them just throw the game like that after Brugge and Genk impressed earlier this week.

Gent tied Olexandriya 1-1 but should won that game. They were clearly the better team but have been lacking efficiency away from home so far this season.

Today they had a good day, beating Porto 2-0

Also a fortunate day, it's a miracle Porto didn't score 4-5 goals. So many good chances.

Also saw this:

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Also a fortunate day, it's a miracle Porto didn't score 4-5 goals. So many good chances.

Also saw this:

Usually Dutch teams are beaten that way. Good to be on the other side for once. I think all Dutch teams deserved the victory this week, including AZ and also Feyenoord, even though the game was closer than 2-0.

I also saw the sour grape comments from Porto players, how they controlled the game and tried to play the game it is supposed to be played, yet the opponent won due to playing a hard, ugly ass game. So ironic, seeing as how Portugal won the EC by playing exactly like Feyenoord did.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Yea it was odd for the ref to blow the whistle at 44:55 or so.

I mean, I can understand not adding stoppage time because nothing really happened to delay anything, but to actually blow it early was odd.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
How did United play? Seems like they should be beating a team like Partizan by way more than one goal scored off a penalty. Did they dominate the game or was it more of the same as they have been lately?

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
How did United play? Seems like they should be beating a team like Partizan by way more than one goal scored off a penalty. Did they dominate the game or was it more of the same as they have been lately?

They dominated small chunks of it, but Partizan had more than their share of chances.

Aside from the penalty United really only had 2 decent chances. One was a McTominay header off a free kick that he put into the side netting from the edge of the 6 yard box and the other was a nice little 1-2 between Rashford and Lingard leading to Rashford backheeling it to Mata about 10 yards from goal, but Mata hadn't read it entirely and was making a bit of a different run so had to stop and change direction. By the time he got the ball it Partizan has recovered and cleared his pass across the 6. Lingard also hit a post on a nice shot, but it wasn't a great chance really, just a couple really nice pieces of skill from AWB and Lingard.

Partizan hit the post as well, curled 2 or 3 about half a yard wide, and had another couple decent chances saved.

Overall I'd expect the xg map to favor the home team.

Midfield was a black hole for United. Garner had some nice touches, but it's clear he needs more conditioning before he's ready for a real role with the senior squad.

Reactions: Gecklund

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
How the eff is Martimessi not getting any playing time with the EPL squad? I get it that Europa is a step down, but Saka has shown some inconsistencies lately that Gabriel deserves a start or as a sub at the very least.

Reactions: AB13

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad