2019-20 UEFA Europa League

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Xhaka was quite good today! Saka was also fun too watch.

Jonothan Davids proving himself some more as well.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Wow, Austrian Bundesliga sides running riot in Europe.

Result doesn't look impressive, but looks like Solsjkaer rotating successfully and willing to use the youngsters. The squad needs more top end talent though.

This tournament is so boring. We play against a good side in the Bundesliga with our B-squad and wins. It really shows how much we belong in the bigger tournament instead.

Frankfurt are still better than Olympiakos though.

:thumbu: Ignore the haters bruh!

Fans also seem to be more vocal. Maybe cheaper tickets and more working class fans?

So more prawn sandwiches for you then.

Feyenoord look awful.

@Ajacied can probably tell you, but I'm guessing they're not that strong coupled with Stam at the helm won't take them far.

Also, Kluivert seems to have put a nice string of games together. Seems to be a sure starter lately and even scored again today. Hopefully he can keep this up. He has a lot of potential.

So I noticed. I was rather hoping Ajax might be able to get him back on the cheap.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Weird start to this Europa season. Russian clubs getting butchered, pretty bad week for Turkey as well and Austrian clubs dominating. Dudelange going to APOEL and winning that game is quite an upset as well imo.

Good start for Belgian teams as well. Standard won an ugly, defensive battle against Guimarães and Gent won an entertaining game against ASSE although that game was closer than it should have been thanks to a huge goalie error.

Jonathan David AGAIN with an absolute peach of a finish. The way he turned on the burners there to get on the end of that pass was great. Guy is lethal.

Whew, Jonathan David with yet another goal...2 minutes into the game against St. Etienne. Boy just can't stop scoring.

He isn't even playing as striker lol

Jonothan Davids proving himself some more as well.

Yeah, you could already see it last year but David is fantastic. He kinda has a free role with 2 big, strong strikers in front of him so he does get a lot of room to do his thing, I can imagine as the season goes on teams will start to adapt to that but right now he's on fire. In the Belgian league as well. He's played as a striker as well but I do think he's better in a 9,5 or 10 role.

Reactions: YNWA14

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
@Ajacied can probably tell you, but I'm guessing they're not that strong coupled with Stam at the helm won't take them far.

Feyenoord was absolute trash yesterday. They always look terrible vs opponents who pressure them and don't let them find their mojo. They just lack the tempo and creativity and have a lot of difficulty generating scoring chances then. They should improve on that once Jorgensen is fully fit. They play without a striker since the start of the season and it hasn't been very fruitful. This is where I think Stam has been a bit of a disappointment. Senesi, their highly thought of 7.5M CB should be ready shortly as well. The additions of Jorgensen and Senesi will have every player playing a position they suit best again. I think Feyenoord has a decent line up then and should be able to win a few games in Europe. It's really pretty decent on paper:

-------------------------- Jorgensen ------------------------
Sinestera ------------------------------------------ Berghuis
---------------------------- Kokcu ---------------------------
----------- Fer ----------------------------- Burger ---------
Haps ------------- Botteghin - Senesi ---------- Karsdorp
--------------------------- Vermeer -------------------------

That said, they are better than shown yesterday vs Glasgow. It's their worst game I've seen them play in ages. I mentioned earlier how the team is filled with different nationalities, loanies and newbies. They will need some time to gel. I've seen periods where it's a side with a lot of potential, only to follow them up with games such as the one vs Glasgow.

Reactions: les Habs

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Terrible look for them losing that game, but they probably deserved at least a point.
Not only them, Atalanta got beat down by freakin' Zagreb over the week as well. Only bright spot for the league was Napoli doing what they did to Liverpool, but lets see if they're able to get a result on the reserve fixture. It would be very Napolian to drop points against Genk though.

Also I finished the Euro game and Saka is effin' amazing. For all the nonsense I have to hear about Brewster being the next Henry, Saka is better than him.

Reactions: AB13

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Also I finished the Euro game and Saka is effin' amazing. For all the nonsense I have to hear about Brewster being the next Henery, Saka is better than him.

Looks to have one of the best potentials of an Arsenal product in a long while!

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Not only them, Atalanta got beat down by freakin' Zagreb over the week as well. Only bright spot for the league was Napoli doing what they did to Liverpool, but lets see if they're able to get a result on the reserve fixture. It would be very Napolian to drop points against Genk though.

Also I finished the Euro game and Saka is effin' amazing. For all the nonsense I have to hear about Brewster being the next Henry, Saka is better than him.

Nobody ever said this, so yes, there's nonsense. Coming from you

AB13

Apr 29, 2019

Not only Saka that is better, Smith Rowe, Willock, Nketiah and Nelson have all proven so much more than Brewster. We have by the best youth in the Premier League and only Chelsea comes close.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Looking forward to AZ - Manchester this evening. Game will be played on an artificial pitch in The Hague as AZ's home is still under reconstruction. Hopefully Boadu and Stengs can shine vs the bigger teams out there as well.

Reactions: YNWA14

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Looking forward to some more Jonathan David goals.

Also hoping Stengs and Boadu continue their hot streaks.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Looking forward to some more Jonathan David goals.

Also hoping Stengs and Boadu continue their hot streaks.

I was going to say the same, the kid has me pumped to watch Gent. I'll be switching between that and the Espanyol game for starters.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
AZ look like they're setting up to lose. They have a good chance to win this they should play like it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->