2019-20 UEFA Europa League

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
that's one thing I don't get either. Emery sets up well it seems in Europe.

European games, even against the likes of Napoli and Valencia, are usually a lot slowed paced than English games, which suits Emerys conservative and overly structured gameplan. Since European teams may not have figured out Emerys extremely one dimensional offensive tactics that might help too.

Reactions: Cassano

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Quite a thriller in Belgrade. AZ has been playing with 10 men since the 30th minute or so. Their red card was very much deserved, but the penalty they received moments later was an absolutely farce. Score is 2-2 right now. Boadu and Stengs each with a goal and an assist. That assist from Stengs especially was a beauty. Can't see both still playing in Alkmaar next season.

Reactions: YNWA14

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I wonder if people are starting to realize Chong just isn't anything special.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
I wonder if people are starting to realize Chong just isn't anything special.

Feyenoord, Oranje and Man United U23 Chong is a great talent. But every moment with the A-squad has been a disappointment.
I am afraid he won't crack United, but I am hopeful he can realize most of his potential with a different side with less pressure.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Ya know, I love Rashford's willingness to run and always put in effort, but at a certain point I'm not sure how much value there is in a hard sprint in the 90th minute of a game against Astana when he's our only true senior striker who isn't injured.

Reactions: Jussi

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Also, Kluivert seems to have put a nice string of games together. Seems to be a sure starter lately and even scored again today. Hopefully he can keep this up. He has a lot of potential.

Reactions: YNWA14

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Rough day for BL clubs except Wolfsburg

Austrian league might be top 10 in coefficients by the end of the season

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Feyenoord, Oranje and Man United U23 Chong is a great talent. But every moment with the A-squad has been a disappointment.
I am afraid he won't crack United, but I am hopeful he can realize most of his potential with a different side with less pressure.
He has talent I just don't think he has translatable talent to the senior game, IMO. I don't think he'll ever be a top team player.

Reactions: Ajacied

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC

He has talent I just don't think he has translatable talent to the senior game, IMO. I don't think he'll ever be a top team player.

I'm skeptical of his ceiling, but he should have opportunities this season. The manager's willing to play him and other kids, and they have no depth at all. So we'll see one way or another.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Fans also seem to be more vocal. Maybe cheaper tickets and more working class fans?

There was a dedicated singing section tonight.

Great goal by Greenwood. Predictable performance with 9 changes. Thought Gomes looked quite good but tired quickly in the second half. Chong was poor, probably needs a loan move, 20 in December and has only played 94 minutes in sub appearances before his first start tonight. Tuanzebe was solid but not challenged much.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
There was a dedicated singing section tonight.

Great goal by Greenwood. Predictable performance with 9 changes. Thought Gomes looked quite good but tired quickly in the second half. Chong was poor, probably needs a loan move, 20 in December and has only played 94 minutes in sub appearances before his first start tonight. Tuanzebe was solid but not challenged much.

Yea it's hard to evaluate Tuanzebe since he basically just stood around the center circle for 5 minutes at a time before chasing a long ball down and then repeating.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad