2019-20 UEFA Europa League

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
How does this show how much you belong in the 'bigger tournament' (odd, you didn't earn that privilege)?

Saka certainly making the most of his chance here.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Such a great game for Arsenal, 3-0 win and the youngsters are stepping up. Saka, who only just turned 18, with a goal and 2 assists, what a talent! Being able to give the youngsters a lot of minutes is a positive of being in this competition that otherwise is painful to watch.

Last edited:

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
This tournament is so boring. We play against a good side in the Bundesliga with our B-squad and wins. It really shows how much we belong in the bigger tournament instead.

Frankfurt are still better than Olympiakos though.

Olympiakos away is a tough match. I'm not sure if an English team has won there. Or I might be confusing them with another Greek side.

I don't mind this tournament if it gives game time to the youth players. Very good for a transitioning period.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Whew, Jonathan David with yet another goal...2 minutes into the game against St. Etienne. Boy just can't stop scoring.

Reactions: Cassano

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
It's crazy, Arsenal won with a lot of their backups/reserves and won the group already.

Olympiakos away is a tough match. I'm not sure if an English team has won there. Or I might be confusing them with another Greek side.

I don't mind this tournament if it gives game time to the youth players. Very good for a transitioning period.

Peak of Giroud's career.

Reactions: AB13

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
IF you get a chance to watch that St. Etienne goal you should...thing of beauty. The set up arguably better than the strike, but both were sublime.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Jonathan David AGAIN with an absolute peach of a finish. The way he turned on the burners there to get on the end of that pass was great. Guy is lethal.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I think the biggest issue United have had so far in breaking Astana down is that their front 3 are staying too far forward. Often times in possession you have Gomes, Greenwood and Rashford lined up on the edge of the 18 yard box and all the movement is horizontal. They're not backing off and trying to run in behind with momentum and there's no one making overlapping runs on them. That legs Astana's defenders basically just line up on the edge of their box and stay tight.

There's been decent options with Dalot out wide, but for all the talent the youngsters have, none are big arial presences so when he gets the ball it's either a cross into the box that's easily dealt with, or cycling the ball back to Fred or Matic in midfield to try again.

I'd love to see Rashford of Greenwood back off a bit and get a running start at a ball that's lofted to about 10 yards out. Even if you just make that movement you force the defenders to either risk the ball over the top move with you and force a chance in line shape.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Ok. Couldn't care less. Expect us to go far as usual though. Except from Liverpool we had the toughest game for an english team this week.

Thankfully you got to rest a lot of your starters. They're going to need their energy when they give up another 25 shots to Villa this weekend

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad